2019 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

They're using #VillaForever when he's leaving you for another team lol.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Seems to be official.  He was one of the few players that they had that scared you.  It's a big loss for them, we'll see if they bring a big name to replace him.  Trying to think of aging superstar strikers that they could bring in.  Rooney would have fit the bill nicely.  Torres?  Tevez would be fun.  Peter Crouch?  Chicharito?  If they were smart they'd go the Giovinco route, get a younger guy but with a lower profile.

Also, I hear there is a Jersey kid who's scored a bunch of goals in Europe and who is looking for a job.

They have a strict anti-Jersey policy at their club. Nazis are cool, but they draw the line at New Jersey.

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Dude was a fantastic player.  Like an assassin at times.  

Always liked him - hated that he went to/played for the blue team and its cringe fans ("oh how i loooove dah-veed"). 

On the whole though he didn't hurt us too much so nice to have had him in the league while he still had it going on.

Was on the receiving end of some historic beat-downs, too.  :)

Excellence Not Expectations

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Dude was a fantastic player.  Like an assassin at times.  
Always liked him - hated that he went to/played for the blue team and its cringe fans ("oh how i loooove dah-veed"). 
On the whole though he didn't hurt us too much so nice to have had him in the league while he still had it going on.
Was on the receiving end of some historic beat-downs, too.  :)

Hattrick for their 3-2 win wasn't too great, but the 7-0 more than makes up for it.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Always liked him as a player. That being said, fuck the blue team

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Email from them begging me to buy season tickets in 5,4,3...
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

http://www.espn.com/...2018-espn-lines

Yankee Stadium ranked 102nd out of the 107 qualifying venues in North America. 34 of the 43 outlets inspected had "High Level Violations". 

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

http://www.espn.com/...2018-espn-lines

Yankee Stadium ranked 102nd out of the 107 qualifying venues in North America. 34 of the 43 outlets inspected had "High Level Violations". 

Nice to see that Prudential Center is ranked 6th(highest rank in the NHL) MSG is at 31st and the newest arena around here Barclays is ranked 93rd lol

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Nice to see that Prudential Center is ranked 6th(highest rank in the NHL) MSG is at 31st and the newest arena around here Barclays is ranked 93rd lol

Yep. Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, and Barclays Center are all ranked embarrassingly low. Big ups to The Rock for their superb ranking. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
https://www.nycfc.co...;ă Signing
https://en.m.wikiped...dru_Mitriță

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

(Being preseason, it's perhaps a tad early to talk shit, but I'll kick it off.)

Something I wonder --

How do the City Liters feel about Atlanta's ascendancy?

I mean, other than wisely not bothering with the appeal of Euro-stars, they've (Atl) achieved in short order what they'd (NYCFC) assumed was destiny for themselves a few years back (not just the Cup, we'd like one too!) with the fan base, parades, success, etc.

Now they are just sort of "part of MLS," with no stars, no stadium and declining enthusiasm.  Dreams of Pirlo and wine, or hot tub sex with Lampard... now reduced to internet searches and prognostications on Romanian dwarfs.  Mix caps are no more a thing than ties with Barca and ticker tape parades.  And - yes - we still level them a good ass whoopin'.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Dreams of ... hot tub sex with Lampard...

Errol, wot ave I told you about thinking?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

rzrhtr

rzrhtr

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

I think a lot of the star-fucker types have probably left. The one thing I notice a lot of consternation around is the stadium, although there are definitely some delusional fans who think NYCFC has top-secret stadium plans in the Bronx they won't mention to anyone until shovels are practically in the ground.

I think, weirdly enough, our success with our academy and USL side have made them less thirsty for a big name. Like I said, the ones who were only there for Lapmard and Pirlo have been gone for years. I think the ones that are still around mostly just want to win, and they saw how a team that lacked world-renown stars can do that. And it probably helped we totally demolished them repeatedly in the process.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
Such bantuh!
https://mobile.twitt...0329632769?s=12

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Such bantuh!
https://mobile.twitt...0329632769?s=12

lol - I actually think that's pretty good.  

And what a fan rivalry this is, too -  Theme Park Hooligans vs Latino Nazis.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users