65 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Dax for DeRo is the #1 best trade this team has ever made. We traded an over-the-hill former star turned mercenary for a team legend. Dax, if you are reading this, you should know that like Mike Petke, you will never need to buy your own beer for the rest of your life.

Great trade, but best?  Better than the fourth round supplemental pick we got for Nick Rimando?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund
  • Supports:MetroStars

Great trade, but best?  Better than the fourth round supplemental pick we got for Nick Rimando?

Might have flown under the radar, but what about the trade with SJ, sending a second round draft pick in the '05 Supplemental for the 6th round, 60th overall pick in the 2004 Superdraft? Four and a half solid seasons from one of the most underrated defenders in MLS.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Might have flown under the radar, but what about the trade with SJ, sending a second round draft pick in the '05 Supplemental for the 6th round, 60th overall pick in the 2004 Superdraft? Four and a half solid seasons from one of the most underrated defenders in MLS.

That was a pretty good trade, but in terms of impact on this team, absolutely nothing tops the Dax trade. He is a big reason we've won two of the past three Supporters Shields when we never had any significant hardware before that.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,478 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
I gotta admit, the trade to get Sacha and Felipe for Oyongo and Alexander has been one of our better trades.

I had developed something a few years ago that had what happened based on trades long-term. Example: Player A traded for a draft pick (Player B). Draft pick (Player B) traded 2 years later for Player C. Player C traded for Player D and Player E. Player D waived two years later. Player E traded...
I'll see if I can get it off my old hard drive. Some interesting stuff.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Steve Holt

Steve Holt

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Fuck NYCFC.
    Fuck Fascism.
  • Supports:The Metro, The Bengals, Hating DC

Listen, I know it's a small sample of games, but Dax is solid. With the scoring potential we have, Dax is a steadying force that will help us to be grounded box to box. He's a good passer, and is very heady. Good soccer smarts. As much as I love DeRo, Dax makes this team better, plain and simple.

Let's Go Metros!

Well, Shoot the Bull is definitely the Metro Nostradamus. 

Fuck DC.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I wonder how many future All-Time Starting XI players and Metro Hall-of-Famers are currently on the roster. Dax, Robles, and BWP should be locks. Lloyd Sam has to be there based on longevity, I would think. Kljestan has the potential to be there if he sticks around long enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users