1720 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Figured this will come up a lot in the next few months.

Here's a link to the latest look at how the election will unfold. Obama with a 5 point lead overall. He's got leads in some normally Republican states. And is dead even in Virginia which is pretty amazing.

McCain leads in Michigan.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,985 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Figured this will come up a lot in the next few months.

Here's a link to the latest look at how the election will unfold. Obama with a 5 point lead overall. He's got leads in some normally Republican states. And is dead even in Virginia which is pretty amazing.

McCain leads in Michigan.

Interesting website. I'll be checking that.

McCain's "lead" in Michigan is surely within the statistical error. Also, was this taken before the "Gore push"?

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
I believe the map takes an average of the last 5 polls or so conducted in each state.

So, some can be before, while some after.

Virginia, North Carolina, and Michigan appear to be the states to watch. Ohio as well.

It's early, but that website keeps track of all polling.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
Is NOT voting good? I mean I dont realy like either of the candidates so no matter what I do Id end up voting for someone I dont like. And if I vote for some other shitty party I might as well have used that time to advance a few levels on GTA4. Not to mention I live in a Democratic State wher Obama is probably going to win anyways and its probably the one I wouldve forced myself to vote for.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

Pebble

Pebble

insightful, deep and most creative

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Rangers FC, #RedBullOut
Have no fear. Once McCain’s war stories about how he wrestled down a wooly mammoth to feed his whole tribe comes out, he’ll get a bump in the polls.

Either that, or he has to quit doing this...

Posted Image

#RedBullOut

Thursday, November 27, 2008 -

After another Hatch shank over the crossbar...
"And Hatch wonders why nobody is covering him." - Tony Meola

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
I will never vote for a major party presidential candidate ever again. FACT.

Pebble

Pebble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts

I will never vote for a major party presidential candidate ever again. FACT.

Ah. It is always fun to see faux iconoclasts backlashing against the mainstream under the guise of independant intellectualism.

#RedBullOut

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
  • Supports:Soccer in New York
I wonder if McCains age and unsteady standing among conservatives will be enough for people to flock to Obama for a large victory, even though he is an unhknown quantity? And how long till ads turn ugly?

Ah. It is always fun to see faux iconoclasts backlashing against the mainstream under the guise of independant intellectualism.

I think I said this a while ago (with smaller words lol) and you killed me for it . . .

EDIT: Check this out: http://www.politico....0608/11168.html - the politics have already begun lol.

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Call it what you want.

Local elections I usually split my votes, so no side has full power.

For president, I will vote for the individual who best represents my views. I will not succumb and vote for who I dislike the least of the major party candidates.

Pebble

Pebble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,467 posts

I wonder if McCains age and unsteady standing among conservatives will be enough for people to flock to Obama for a large victory, even though he is an unhknown quantity? And how long till ads turn ugly?

I don't see McCain's age being as big of a problem until they have their first debate in HD.

However, if you don't think the Republicans have gotten ugly already, well...

At the Republican state convention, a booth hosted by Republicanmarket was selling a pin Saturday that says:
Posted Image

I think I said this a while ago (with smaller words lol) and you killed me for it . . .

I don't recall this occurring.

EDIT: Check this out: http://www.politico....0608/11168.html - the politics have already begun lol.

Not much of a surprise. That is the type of photo that Republicans will pounce on to argue that he's a Muslim.

The party that is for and by racists will always work this way...

Call it what you want.

I called your statement what it is.

Claiming to never vote for a major party is the Judas way of washing your hands.

Serious issues are on the docket in this election cycle. The most important is the Supreme Court.

Will we elect a progressive individual that wants to restore the Constitution's rule of law and grant individuals the natural rights of the document or do we want authoritarian rule dictating who can be placed in prison and forever how long?

Will we elect a progressive that would like to protect women's rights or a misogynist that is looking to control women in nearly all aspects of their life?

How about the equal rights of homosexuals in America to attain the same status as their heterosexual neighbors?

So, yeah, go ahead and vote for the third party that best represents your views. Just make sure you do it for the right reason and not because you want to voice some sort of faux antipathy at "the two party system."

Local elections I usually split my votes, so no side has full power.

For president, I will vote for the individual who best represents my views. I will not succumb and vote for who I dislike the least of the major party candidates.

Eh. I vote for the people that will get the job done. I don't try to balance out a ticket.

#RedBullOut

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
Neither candidate is anywhere near my viewpoints. Not eve close.

It has nothing to do with just being stubborn.

You are the one being stubborn and cocky by assuming you understand everyone's viewpoint.

I don't care if the candidate I vote for has no chance to win. It's my right to vote for who I choose. I take that with some importance and therefore I will vote for the candidate that I agree with most with.

In regards to local candidates... their role is so hard to know. Usually comes down to taxes and whether you are for or against a bond issue.

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts
that pin thing is an independent business owner being a jackass. nothing to do with the party, even if they did give him a booth. I am sure they don't condone that crap.

on another point though, I posted the earlier link with the muslim picture thing to illustrate how things are starting to get political already in the news media - but in no way did I think it was the Republican muck machine, but instead a dumb decision on the Obama campaign - yet you deflect the blame to Republicans for . . . ? Defending your guy is one thing, but who else can be blamed for that kind of gaff but themselves?

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros
Jay, picking between the lesser of two evils makes 10000000000X more sense then basically not voting by casting you ballot for someone who will get 5%. Besides do your viewpoints really match up with Ralph Nader perfectly?

Dave Martinez

Dave Martinez

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,107 posts

Jay, picking between the lesser of two evils makes 10000000000X more sense then basically not voting by casting you ballot for someone who will get 5%. Besides do your viewpoints really match up with Ralph Nader perfectly?

This election, more so than any other, Jay isnt part of a silent minority. Fact is alot of people feel this way on both sides of the aisle. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

Right Back

Right Back

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Interests:RedBullOut
  • Supports:Metro, RedBullOut
I'm sorry but the fact is that every year Republicans or Democrats win. No arguement case closed. So by voting for someone in a smaller party your doing the same thing as not voting at all. At least 90% of politicians are corrupt but its all about getting votes so they pick a side and try and get their support. So it becomes a lesser of to evils case. Do we want a corrupt politician whos using liberal ideals or do we want a corrupt politician who's using facist ideas getting elected. Personaly I'm behind Obama and unless Jeff Parke is running as a Republican I can never see myself voting for anyone from the republican party.

Of coarse none of what I say matters since I can't vote yet :P

#RedBullOut

Rats get fat, good men die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users