59 replies to this topic

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Casseres starting for Venezuela, Kaku on bench for Paraguay.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

So Kaku didn't play a minute and now will be quarantined for 2 weeks. Great.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

None of us saw that one coming.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
The next time he gets called up, we should emphatically tell Paraguay to pound sand.

Imagine how pissed Kaku is. He had to fly for half a day, each way, to go sit on the bench for a couple of games, meaning he won't get a match for basically a month. I'd be furious.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

So Kaku didn't play a minute and now will be quarantined for 2 weeks. Great.

wow

I thought part of the reason to let him go now was so he could pass on a November call up if we have games....

just wow

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Sucks for Kaku - he was playing with intensity - now he has a month off. Anyone know if there were 5 subs? 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

stoppage time PK saved!!!

CCJ went 90

Venezuela 0, Paraguay 1

Chicago's Gaston Gimenez scored the game-winning goal with five minutes remaining and Paraguay's 'keeper saved a stoppage-time penalty kick attempt by former NYCFC midfielder Yangel Herrera, as Paraguay earned a big road victory.

Gimenez's Paraguay teammate, New York Red BullsKaku, was an unused substitute.

LA Galaxy right back Rolf Feltscher and NY Red Bulls central midfielder Cristian Casseres Jr. both started the game and went the full 90 for Venezuela and two other MLS players, Jose "El Brujo" Martinez of Philadelphia and left back Miguel Navarro of the Chicago Fire, were on the Vinotinto bench and did not feature in the match.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Perhaps Kaku was simply happy to be able to head down south and see his extended family. Keep in mind, he made a big stink, last year, that he couldn't see his extended family. Look, we don't know, but at least he was not denied an opportunity to participate with his National Team and be closer to his family. Hopefully he turns down the November call up.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Imagine how pissed Kaku is. He had to fly for half a day, each way, to go sit on the bench for a couple of games, meaning he won't get a match for basically a month. I'd be furious.

Remember when he wasnt getting called up up at all?

So on the flip side hes making the bench for his national team, getting PAID to do so, and he has a new coach to come home to.

Id be angry if I didnt get PT too but things are looking better for him.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

The next time he gets called up, we should emphatically tell Paraguay to pound sand.

Not only that, but international games are usually a better showcase than club games for scouts. Friendlies not so much as tournaments, but still has to hurt not to even get on the field in that scenario.

The guy came here for $6M and obviously always hoped to launch to bigger and better things, and absolutely nothing has gone his way to increase his transfer value.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Not only that, but international games are usually a better showcase than club games for scouts. Friendlies not so much as tournaments, but still has to hurt not to even get on the field in that scenario.

Yesterday's game was a World Cup qualifier.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Yesterday's game was a World Cup qualifier.

D'oh, show's how much I've been paying attention to international play these days...

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
Even if he's not playing, the fact that he's still getting called up can only help his transfer value

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

the annoying thing though is he will quarantine for two weeks until the 28th but they have another game November 12th aka the beginning of the playoffs.  

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Even if he's not playing, the fact that he's still getting called up can only help his transfer value

Likewise, turning down a call-up will hurt his PR and his transfer value.

The fact that his team got 4 out of 6 points is not going to give him an opening barring injuries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users