Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

http://www.newyorkre...-york-red-bulls

"On behalf of the New York Red Bulls, we want to thank Andy for his contributions during a great two years of service to the club," said General Manager Marc de Grandpre. "Andy is a true professional and his influence on the club will be felt for years to come. We wish him all the best going forward."

Ruh roh.

From the looks of my PR archive, De Grandpre was still Head of Commercial Operations on 9/25. Title switched to GM in Heineken PR.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

De Bontin was also GM as well.

Don't care about titles as long as someone else is running the soccer side of things.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

http://goal.blogs.ny...5/arena-is-out/

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

What I thought was interesting, was on the website that Campos is listed as technical director.    Was he always listed as that?   ANd I don't have a problem with him doing those things either.

-DELETED-

-DELETED-

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York

Wish soccer teams would use American sports terms...

And while the GM role in our setup has nothing to do with on the field activities it'll be interesting to see if Soehn or whoever functionally reports to de Grandpre...as well as to Houllier...

I'm guessing de Grandpre is the top guy here now...

Cautiously pleased with the job he's done so far in stint 2...

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Mixed feelings. On one hand, I think de Grandpre deserves credit for reaching out to the fans in the way that he has. I think he has a pretty good pulse on what the fans want. Hopefully that means securing Petke's job, for starters.

On the other, they better be bringing in someone with connections for the soccer side of things. Don't really care what his title is, but going from Roxburgh running the show to a guy whose career is solely based in business would not be good at all. They need to bring someone who establishes instant credibility in the soccersphere. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

What I thought was interesting, was on the website that Campos is listed as technical director.    Was he always listed as that?   ANd I don't have a problem with him doing those things either.

Yeah Campos has always been listed as the technical director, Roxburgh's official title was sporting director.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts

Yeah Campos has always been listed as the technical director, Roxburgh's official title was sporting director.

Thanks.

Then still expecting that Soehn guy to replace Roxy.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Fucking piece of shit asshole!!  

Fuck this guy.  I hate him.  Let him hang out with scumbag Marquez.

I'll continue to heckle this piece of shit every opportunity, in person, to his face.  Fuck him.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

http://www.bigapples...rticle_id=39713

De Grandpre will continue to oversee the operations of the club and he will leave all sporting decisions and operations in hands of the sporting director, when he is appointed.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

"De Grandpre will continue to oversee the operations of the club and he will leave all sporting decisions and operations in hands of the sporting director, when he is appointed."

Yeah, this is a small victory, I guess, as it makes him less likely to completely thunderfuck the on-field product.

There are a lot of good things in there (if we accept them to be true). Relationship with Harrison improved, club financials improved, etc. All nice.

That said...TH14 just walked out the door, and we're expecting MdG to find the guy as sporting director who will develop the post-TH14 plan for years to come (Supposedly it exists, but new guy has to implement it).

How do we know that guy isn't going to be a shit sandwich? Because MdG hired him? Yeesh....MdG has zero experience running the sporting side of the business. When Roxy says "Petke & I have a plan...we're going to invest in youth, etc..." he speaks with the authority of someone who spent a lifetime in the game, with a history of watching teams get built, coached, etc. He makes mistakes like all people, but he has that background. We're now counting on MdG to find someone to fill Roxy's shoes.

I didn't like Houllier being in charge of this from an ocean away, but, I liked it more than MdG being in charge of it from here. 

HarlemKnight

HarlemKnight

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, US National Team

"De Grandpre will continue to oversee the operations of the club and he will leave all sporting decisions and operations in hands of the sporting director, when he is appointed."

Yeah, this is a small victory, I guess, as it makes him less likely to completely thunderfuck the on-field product.

There are a lot of good things in there (if we accept them to be true). Relationship with Harrison improved, club financials improved, etc. All nice.

That said...TH14 just walked out the door, and we're expecting MdG to find the guy as sporting director who will develop the post-TH14 plan for years to come (Supposedly it exists, but new guy has to implement it).

How do we know that guy isn't going to be a shit sandwich? Because MdG hired him? Yeesh....MdG has zero experience running the sporting side of the business. When Roxy says "Petke & I have a plan...we're going to invest in youth, etc..." he speaks with the authority of someone who spent a lifetime in the game, with a history of watching teams get built, coached, etc. He makes mistakes like all people, but he has that background. We're now counting on MdG to find someone to fill Roxy's shoes.

I didn't like Houllier being in charge of this from an ocean away, but, I liked it more than MdG being in charge of it from here. 

If they eventually pick someone in-house to run the sporting side of things, do you consider that be a good thing, or a disaster waiting to happen?

In aliquo puncto, vos have ut decernere si vos es a fan verum Morbi fan ut vere aut vult Morbi ludis.

MrDerp4321

MrDerp4321

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

giphy.gif

COME TO THE DRINK

CONFORM TO THE DRINK

SUPPORT THE DRINK

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

If they eventually pick someone in-house to run the sporting side of things, do you consider that be a good thing, or a disaster waiting to happen?

that's a great question.  in all seriousness, i wonder what Mouth of Sauron's opinion is wrt this.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

that's a great question.  in all seriousness, i wonder what Mouth of Sauron's opinion is wrt this.

De Grandpre will continue to oversee the operations of the club and he will leave all sporting decisions and operations in hands of the sporting director, when he is appointed.

In the lead up to the 2000 Presidential Election, a man named Dick Cheney was the head of future-President George Bush's vice-presidential search committee. Upon finding no suitable candidates, he magically ended up with the position.

They have yet to rule out that MdG will not be the Sporting Director (again). The wording in that article is very careful. He is not out of contention until someone else is hired. He would not have taken this job without feeling that he has unfinished business. His unfinished business does not end with a commercial/general manager position. The longer this thing goes, the more likely they are willing to go with a familiar face considering that most of the people who were around all those years ago either forgot, weren't paying attention, or are no longer making this decision. 

If it's down to an in-house promotion, I'll take Campos (who will probably be in over his head, but willing to learn) over MdG (who has no business being anywhere near sports). At least Campos has contacts. However, it doesn't seem like he's being considered except in a Petke-esque, "Well, he's here. Why not?" 

And I don't buy into MdG doing anything grand other than shit he was supposed to do: ride the World Cup wave and acknowledge Metro history. Respect to HarlemKnight for what he did, but it should have been done a long time ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users