Mouth of Sauron

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts
  • Interests:My master's bidding
  • Supports:Sauron

https://sports.vice....ions-and-soccer

De Grandpre denied rumors that the team is for sale, telling me they presented a five-year plan to company owner Dietrich Mateschitz in Austria and he had "never seen him so excited and committed to where we're going," but the New York Red Bulls remain one of 150 Red Bull properties worldwide and the company has seen its profits fall. For all the talk of stability, sporting director Andy Roxburgh is out after this season.

Is there any in this rout with authority to treat with me? Or indeed with wit to understand me?

JerseyFan

JerseyFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USA

What is it, "don't die?"

sid-big-daddy.jpg

AS LONG AS I'M BREATHING

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

092314-600-mls-cup.jpg092314-600-mls-cup.jpg092314-600-mls-cup.jpg092314-600-mls-cup.jpg092314-600-mls-cup.jpg

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

092314-600-mls-cup.jpg092314-600-mls-cup.jpg092314-600-mls-cup.jpg092314-600-mls-cup.jpg092314-600-mls-cup.jpg
I like it
Just the MLS cup though No shields and open cup? Lol

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I once knew of an Austrian with a 1,000 year plan. 

True story. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I like it
Just the MLS cup though No shields and open cup? Lol

I was trying to be realistic.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

hackmeister

hackmeister

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts
  • Interests:Futbol, linux, hunting, drinking beer
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

-DELETED-

-DELETED-

First Team

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull New York

Not a bad article...nothing new but not a bad summing up...a couple of glaring mistakes...and a quote that could get Shep fired (though I've warmed to him being the long term color guy despite the F.cosmos connection...at least he has a real Cosmos connection...and I like his work and him as a person)...interested to see if Red Bull picks up on the Shep quote or sees the article as just another internet fan product that carries no weight...

want to see that plan though...

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Five year plan?

stalin1.jpg

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Any plan from this total FUCKING ASSHOLE, is 100% guaranteed to fail.

If this empty suit is in charge, I'll outline the 5-year plan:

"Remember the good old days when we totally didn't suck?"

"Damn, any way we can bring back Backe and Soler?"

"Remember when we used to be near the top of the table consistently and all our fans did was bitch?"

"Let's create a 3-year plan so we're not Chivas USA in a year."

This guy is a complete zero and can only fail.  We're doomed with him.  

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

It would be nice if management came out and gave us some sort of idea of what that plan is instead of forcing 20 different media outlets to tickle truth them over the entire year. You can't lose the best player in team history, arguably the best defender in team history, and your sporting director, expose your second DP as well as Peguy in the expansion draft, make no player acquisitions up until this point aside from a college kid and a backup midfielder, and expect the fans to just be satisfied with, "hey guys we have plan just trust us!" I'm not stupid enough to believe that they've made all their moves for the offseason, but at some point they're going to have to actually give the fans something. Either start making acquisitions that work towards that plan, or if that's not possible at this moment then at least stick de Grandpre or Houllier or Petke or in front of a camera and speak for 3-5 minutes about what the hell their plan is so that we actually have a reason for being patient. 

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York

I'm reminded of Sturmbannführer Erich Neumann: Director, Office of the Four Year Plan.

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Puhleeez. A plan?

Well, I'm sure they have a real one, which they're not going to let us in on. Instead what you'll hear is the same garbage you've heard a million times before from sports teams, or the kind of thing callers on local sports talk shows espouse: Build slowly, through the draft with American talent, add DPs in a prudent, judicious manner and build towards "sustainable success".

Wait, that really sounds familiar. And likely to bear just as much fruit as it did with the Jets. It's an easy pronouncement to make but is really designed to keep fans at bay while ownership cuts costs and looks to sell. Teams with real plans know those plans don't need to be articulated, they just go out and look for the best front office people and let them handle things, hopefully with a reasonably wide-open pocketbook. Those owners don't act like they've made a discovery akin to the Theory of Relativity.

IOW, if you really have a plan then don't tell us, show us.

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

irishapple21

irishapple21

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

If Red Bull would only buy us a world-class stadium, top quality DPs, and a training ground, and lead us to a real trophy.  But they've never done anything for us.  What a bunch of jerks.  I hate them.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

they're bullshitting us.  5 years my ass.  This is MLS , not the NBA.  You're not gifted a Kevin Durant to build around and keep for a decade after sucking ass for a few seasons.

5 year plan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users