302 replies to this topic

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro

I didn't even vote for the guy and I assumed it was about Trump since you can look at anything in the news about protests and there is trump = fascist stuff. Plus correct me if I'm wrong weren't the flags being held up the countrys in his policy list?

And lets not act like the south ward or even old 101 has had any racist or fascist problems in a very long time. I've been following this team for quite a bit over a decade and I don't recall hearing a single story. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

We have been succesful at keeping them out, which allows you to pretend that this is a "non-political" environment. Anyone who wants to put that to the test by bringing fascist and racist politics into the ESC will find out real quick what that really means.
╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Says the person whining about people holding up flags near his vicinity. Fucking snowflake.

Do you own a scarf too, snowie? Don't get too upset now!

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

We have been succesful at keeping them out, which allows you to pretend that this is a "non-political" environment. Anyone who wants to put that to the test by bringing fascist and racist politics into the ESC will find out real quick what that really means.

This movement/initiative has not been visible to me since I started coming. Is there something driving the recent push for this cause? Did something happen?

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

This movement/initiative has not been visible to me since I started coming. Is there something driving the recent push for this cause? Did something happen?

Either you're completely fucking oblivious, which is funny and sad, or you're not, in which case you'll see how quickly things go badly for you if you advocate for fascist/racist views in the ESC.

In any case, your "questions" or whatever have been answered.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

We can do the "stop racism" movement - that's not politics. Racism is bad, and everyone knows this. Fascism is political and directly related to the President. If the timing of this were 5 years ago and not coincidentally after the election, I could buy the argument maybe that you are being sincere. But we both know you are expressing your thoughts on the President, which is political, and you won't admit it. I am not telling you to change your opinion, but am collectively asking everyone (right/left/in the middle) to leave their political thoughts at home for 2 hours, and to focus on the game. Reasonable in my opinion.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts

Either you're completely fucking oblivious, which is funny and sad, or you're not, in which case you'll see how quickly things go badly for you if you advocate for fascist/racist views in the ESC.

I haven't advocated for fascist/racist views. And I've been to nearly every home game in the last four years and haven't seen anyone else do so either. Can you elaborate what is happening in 101 that forced Leftist Capo to release these after the election? You haven't answered anything.

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT

I support the President, and am not a fascist or racist. I have never once brought politics into the South Ward, and you are now saying if I were to express my support for the President, I am a fascist/racist. That is not tolerant at all, and extremely disrespectful. I have respected your political views and am not asking you to change them, but to leave them home, as I would like to do the same.

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
If you're not a fascist or racist, then why does this bother you?

Anyhow, this applies:

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Has this really been an issue? Even since moving over to RBA? Sure I missed some games here and there but I don't recall anyone trying something stupid so what is actually being done to prevent this stuff from happening? Plus you don't even need to be in the ESC to be in the section so if someone starts something stupid it would the arenas security that would have to deal with it anyway.

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Has this really been an issue? Even since moving over to RBA? Sure I missed some games here and there but I don't recall anyone trying something stupid so what is actually being done to prevent this stuff from happening? Plus you don't even need to be in the ESC to be in the section so if someone starts something stupid it would the arenas security that would have to deal with it anyway.

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
I am not offended by a scarf. The OP commented on how he perceived its meaning and I agreed. It seemed like one was held behind the flags of the countries with the travel ban. Let's be honest - its political.

I dont think its right. Its just not what I'm looking for. I enjoy 101 and bringing the ruckus...just dont want to think about political stuff for a few hours while supporting the boys.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Sorry I just have hard time believing that everyone is doing all this work to keep out all these people when we can barely coordinate 3 sections to sing simple songs at the same time.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Can I make a salient point tying together soccer and politics: can we agree that if Trump signed an executive order barring Sacha from ever taking another penalty for us we would all rejoice?
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers

Does any one realize that the ESC's mascot is a Skinhead Skunk with combat boots? I mean I don't know what to tell ya if you didn't realize this that the group was founded with some political/lifestyle leanings that are opposite what Trump is proposing. While people for the most part kept those things to themselves its not like it was around.

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

adam22

adam22

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
I do want to give credit where it is due. The guy that designed the scarf intentionally left SG and team colors out.

Its difficult to have this 'argument' because no one is going to start advocating racism and fascism. Not supporting the scarf does not mean you're advocating those things.

I do think many of us are tired of the political bs everyday and appreciate when we can escape it. If you genuinely don't think there's agendas being pushed, I could not explain it to you. Sorry.

It was always about the XI. Let's get back to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users