• 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
https://www.mlssocce...ls-cup-playoffs

First round: Weekend of Oct. 19-20
Conference semis: Wednesday/Thursday Oct. 23-24
Conference finals: Tuesday/Wednesday, Oct. 29-30
10-day break
MLS Cup: Sunday, Nov. 10

Midweek game mania! I guess it's because the league is scared about the situations in Atlanta and Seattle.

Also, per Dylan Butler on Twitter, Boy City are in big trouble if the Yankees make the ALCS or farther. If they don't secure the first round bye and Yankees make ALCS, they will have to host their first round game somewhere else. If Yankees make the World Series, they will have to move their semifinal and conference final games somewhere else as well, if they make it that far. Maybe a few weeknight playoff soccer games in Hartford this October?

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

10-day break

Midweek game mania! I guess it's because the league is scared about the situations in Atlanta and Seattle.

Also, per Dylan Butler on Twitter, Boy City are in big trouble if the Yankees make the ALCS or farther. If they don't secure the first round bye and Yankees make ALCS, they will have to host their first round game somewhere else. If Yankees make the World Series, they will have to move their semifinal and conference final games somewhere else as well, if they make it that far. Maybe a few weeknight playoff soccer games in Hartford this October?

That would be hilarious and even more so if we were to be matched up with them.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Holy fuck this is absolutely horrendous. These games should be on the fucking weekend. Fuck this bullshit. Good thing we won't have to worry about it at this rate anyway.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
The playoffs are dumb. The scheduling is dumb. But more than anything the guys who continue to push the playoffs and the schedule are DUMB.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Daily reminder that teams in NFL stadiums is an objectively bad thing.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
I don't like cramming the games so close together - probably because of the international break? I do like that the season is ending much earlier. Soccer in December in the US is stupid

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

I don't like cramming the games so close together - probably because of the international break? I do like that the season is ending much earlier. Soccer in December in the US is stupid

They are only crammed together because they thought it would be better to do these horrendous weekday games instead of doing a round every weekend.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

stupid

like everything else decided by mls

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
In addition to the stupidity mentioned by everyone else, why are the earlier rounds on the weekend then moves to a weekday schedule? It would make more sense the other way, no?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

10-day break

I'm a big fan of getting it done before December.   If you can't fill a stadium midweek for a conference final (and we can't, but most teams can) that's a bigger issue.     

Fuck Boy City.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

If we make the playoffs 🤷‍♂️ and get past the 1st round 😲
we will have to travel mid-week on short notice. 🤑
Perhaps twice! 😂

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ESCfanatic279

ESCfanatic279

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Supports:METRO USMNT

What if the NY Mets make the postseason as well and have a huge run at the same time as the Yankees. Boy City would have to play at Hartford. But what if their stadium isnt ready because they may be prepping it for a college thursday night game. They would be homeless. Would they use the Staten Island Yankees Stadium or Columbia University for a playoff game lol. Because they wouldnt use Metlife, rent RBA, or Rutgers University even though all three have significant mass transit options.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

If we get paired with City in the 2nd round, we should offer them Montclair as a relocation venue. 

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Absolute trash. Just make each round a weekend!! This format essentially has all of the same problems that previous years had. Midweek games, short rest, teams with short notice to sell tickets, minimal away fans...that's really what they want huh?

Would have gone to a Philadelphia, DC, New England, even Montreal away game on the weekend. Probably not now...thanks MLS

Side note: I hope the Yankees make it go to game 7 of the World Series (and win) and force Plastic City to move as many games as possible because that would be hilarious. They would most definitely play at Citi Field though. If not.....I have no idea where they'd go.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT
Its peak mls to not just do the simple thing and put each round on the sat/Sunday instead of midweek and then a strange 10 day break till the final.

Who cares about nfl / college football were not winning those fans so just stop trying people who care about mls care about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users