• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts
Nice to see that the gameplan and the preparing training sessions where they practiced on getting both forwards to be involved in the passing game, receive the ball and set up Richards, paid off. A slower defender and it would've worked even better.

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
there were times in this game when it looked like an MLS team was playing some sort of european power house team.

my only concern were SJ's counter attacks. Glen got way too close on 1 or 2 occassions. A slightly better forward would have made us pay. If there is a weakness in our team is probably our CB's. Ream is fantasitc but he's still a rookie. He kept Glen onside in th first half

T-Chain looked a lot more agile out there last night. There were games early on where he looked stiff and sorta goofy, perhaps he's getting into better shape. The guy is morphing before our own eyes. Rafa looked fitter too. He put more effort on D this game

It seems like it took Lindpere time to get a hang of the LM position after playing central for us for so long. The guy reminds me of a younger frankie hejduk (but with better technical skill) with this work rate.

Im callling it right now. There will be a game when Henry will win us a game that we have no business winning (against the run of play)

5 year plan

kawandinho

kawandinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Interests:big hips ... a wide backsides
  • Supports:NYRedbulls Milan

Im callling it right now. There will be a game when Henry will win us a game that we have no business winning (against the run of play)

I hope that comes next week, we may need it more than any other time .
sigh, who to blame? who to blame? oh BACKE seems ideal .
Carbonero-Enzo-Jroke = Father-Son-Holy Ghost - three in one the god hater.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro
We are gonna run train on some team down the stretch. Don't forget, we hit two posts from point blank range last night. An unbelievable (and uncharacteristic) miss from JPA, and a miss from Henry as well. My early favorite for ass-whoopin is at Philadelphia or home to New England. I caught part of that match last night, and both of those teams defend like shit.

#RedBullOut

betoAYAK

betoAYAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,385 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Colombia & Millonarios

Dane and Henry. Yes! Finally.
RBA was fucking great. Throat is killin me from going nuts

you sure its not from all the smoke bombs after henry's goal?

(NittanyMetros @ Mar 17 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems Philly fans have signed up on metrofanatic to vote for themselves (in 'What team do you hate more?') . No real fan of this team would vote anything other than DC.

gas huffer

gas huffer

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Supports:metroboludos

Yeah I watched it again on DVR when I got home, but still couldn't make it out. I know Shep said that...but it hardly looked like that and then what were they doing on the other side of the field on the first goal? Im sure someone in 101 had a better view than Shep and can offer an explanation maybe.

From where I was sitting it looked like the ol' "Bazooka/Blow-up" celebration...

Also, GREAT atmosphere at RBA. Up the ESC & GSS. Great job keeping the place rocking.

chung'sblast

chung'sblast

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 585 posts

waaah. one smoke bomb makin ya cry? jahahahahaha..yes it was only one on each side..they are just better. also we switched to the lite ones when bouna is on our side...so there should be no more whining..ahhahaha..but to be honest that was the best one i have used this year. it seemed to smoke forever hahahahaa.

That was great. Good stuff, guys.

Really, really, really pumped after this game. Great three-week stretch, this has been.

I'm concerned about whether this is one of our perennial summer runs that gets hopes up (thinking of 10 points out of 12 in Aug '08; 9 out of 12 in July/Aug '07; 9 out of 9 in July '06; 11 out of 15 in Aug/early Sept '05; 13 out of 15 in July/Aug '04; etc.), which is followed by our just-as-regular fall swoons, or whether this something different.

It certainly feels like something different, but then again it always does. How else would they get your hopes up every single year only to rip you heart out?
35th minute- Red Bulls fans back on the East Coast should know that the 50 Red Bulls fans are making more noise than the rest of the stadium right now.

"I can't believe you guys sing the whole game," -- DC security guard, who apparently isn't used to that from supporters...

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts
Our transition game in general I thought was really shitty last night on both sides of hte game. We were lucky that Glen wasn't having his monthly good game, he would have lit us up.

jevanvoo

jevanvoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,235 posts
  • Supports:RBNY USMNT USWNT

i cant wait till we look like this
Posted Image

are the fans being attacked by spiders?

"Onionsack- the soccer equivalent of a Jehovah's Witness" 

-Thoward18

Now it's the RedBulls fans. they may be even louder than the DC guys who, for reasons beyond imagining, had 50 seats saved for them up front.

Philadelphia: I love you guys, really, but you're getting schooled.

The noise in here is deafening.
-Bill Archer 1.14.10

goddam

goddam

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
Pics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

From where I was sitting it looked like the ol' "Bazooka/Blow-up" celebration...

That's exactly what it looked like.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Mansquared

Mansquared

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:herro~
  • Supports:RedBull & Arsenal
btw i was up on 201 and it seemed to me the smoke is getting better and better each game. but then again there was calm weather to keep it around and thinker than usual. either way the atmosphere was great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users