9 replies to this topic

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
The terms of the deal would also keep in place plans for an under-22 player initiative set to begin in the 2021 season, the source said. That new discretionary spending category would allow teams to sign up to three players under the age of 22 with no limitations on acquisition costs, as long as the players salary is less than the maximum budget charge, which is set to be $612,500 in 2021. The under-22 initiative player signings would then be counted at a reduced budget charge similar to young designated players

From the Athletic

Full article if you have a subscription

https://theathletic...._shared_article

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,558 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Cool. at least there's some details wrt how the new rule will work. Thx, fam 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  • Supports:Metro

There is literally no excuse for us to not max out on the ability to use this rule. Not wanting to spend millions in salary on a starter in Europe with a reputation? Fine, I get it. But a bunch of 18-21-year-old's who will be happy to earn a decent income for the first time in their lives? We should be all over that. especially since, if they actually believe in what they're building, they can be sold for profit a few years later anyway.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Supports:Metro

There is literally no excuse for us to not max out on the ability to use this rule. Not wanting to spend millions in salary on a starter in Europe with a reputation? Fine, I get it. But a bunch of 18-21-year-old's who will be happy to earn a decent income for the first time in their lives? We should be all over that. especially since, if they actually believe in what they're building, they can be sold for profit a few years later anyway.

Theres no excuse.

The excuse they will use is that the team is the star so they dont want to spend big on one guy and a little on another.

So theyll just spend little on everyone.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,558 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Big question is about the personnel out there. These ppl trying sign guys and bring them to RBNY, are they even CLOSERS in the first place. What kind of pitch are they giving for players to eventually say "Thanks, but no thanks" and we end up with fliers like Tetteh? 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,763 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

So this would prevent guys like Jorgensen and Yearwood (assuming a modest salary) from being DPs. With Kaku sold, we'd have all three DP spots open for the first time in awhile.

67% Class

67% Class

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

Big question is about the personnel out there. These ppl trying sign guys and bring them to RBNY, are they even CLOSERS in the first place. What kind of pitch are they giving for players to eventually say "Thanks, but no thanks" and we end up with fliers like Tetteh? 

This comment reminds me that Clark chose RBNY after RBL already sort of closed the deal ... hoping Thelwell/Struber have been honing their sales pitch.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Assuming Kaku is sold or traded, and Yearwood is reclassified as one of these U22 players, RBNY would have all 3 DP spots and 2 U22 spots open.

They probably wouldnt use all 3 DP spots, but with 4 open international slots (5 if Kaku is gone) that should mean bringing in 4 high potential/high impact players to the squad. (2 DP, 2 U22)

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,883 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT

Assuming Kaku is sold or traded, and Yearwood is reclassified as one of these U22 players, RBNY would have all 3 DP spots and 2 U22 spots open.

They probably wouldnt use all 3 DP spots, but with 4 open international slots (5 if Kaku is gone) that should mean bringing in 4 high potential/high impact players to the squad. (2 DP, 2 U22)

These guys can't seem to close a window (or within a window) nevermind closing a deal with a non-Red Bull organization player.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2
I will just be happy if we don't have to play 2/3 draft picks opening day.

I have really liked 80% of the names we've been liked to this winter, I can't be bothered to figure out if they're legit links.

My expectations are in line with what this FO has shown me they can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users