57 replies to this topic

Metromaniac01

Metromaniac01

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, US Nats, SMF

If only everybody realized how pathetic this all looks from an outside perspective.

We're talking about grown men singing rhyming songs about an American soccer team who can't manage to convince 25,000 people at a time to give a fuck, and they're fighting one another about which dorky song is better or worse than which. This is not a good look.

Why don't they just move to the other side of the stadium? VA and ESC seem to be able to move past their differences. Send the four rows of racist tryhard goons to the other end.

Trust me I agree man. My longtime GS buddy and I were walking in and he brought a friend to his first game last Saturday...as we were going in I had to rant for a minute to this kid about how stupid it is that we have 3 SGs to begin with. What we can't all support the team similarly enough or accept others for putting their spin on it? Multiple SGs makes any team look stupid (being called Red Bull doesn't help to being with). But there was a solid crew on Saturday working pretty hard to sabotage the other SGs. I guess thats why we can't do it. I agree with Sauron but fuck it, lets have 10.

Haig

Haig

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts
  • Supports:Bora Bora Metro

What kind of confusion is going on where folks who claim to be antifa/anti-racist also try to shut down Spanish songs like any bonehead or "SPEAK ENGLISH" redneck.

I figured that once they were called on it, they would quietly stop with the anti-Spanish shit. Not fucking possible. It's like, once they fucked up with stupid racist shit, they can't back down.

╔╦╗┌─┐┌┬┐┬─┐┌─┐  ╔═╗┌─┐┬─┐┌─┐┬  ┬┌─┐┬─┐
║║║├┤  │ ├┬┘│ │  ╠╣ │ │├┬┘├┤ └┐┌┘├┤ ├┬┘
╩ ╩└─┘ ┴ ┴└─└─┘  ╚  └─┘┴└─└─┘ └┘ └─┘┴└─

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

If only everybody realized how pathetic this all looks from an outside perspective.

We're talking about grown men singing rhyming songs about an American soccer team who can't manage to convince 25,000 people at a time to give a fuck, and they're fighting one another about which dorky song is better or worse than which. This is not a good look.

Why don't they just move to the other side of the stadium? VA and ESC seem to be able to move past their differences. Send the four rows of racist tryhard goons to the other end.

They probably don't want supporters groups on the other end of the lower bowl, a good amount of the season ticket holders on that end would probably complain. The front office isn't going to go through that headache for 5 rows of supporters.

All of this really is a shame, the south ward could be an awesome thing but it seems to get worse every year between nonsense between the supporters groups and fans who don't want to sing.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I just tend to get pissed off when I look to my right and some random fuck who I've never even met before (and one who I have) is flipping me off for no reason. 

I agree with Sauron but fuck it, lets have 10.

I'm gonna start White Collar SC next year as the official supporters groups for finance and commodities professionals who spend too much of their money on sperry's and football.  We hablo espanol.

#RedBullOut

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

I'm gonna start White Collar SC next year as the official supporters groups for finance and commodities professionals who spend too much of their money on sperry's and football.  We hablo espanol.

Do you accept finance majors? If so, I may be persuaded....

But in all seriousness, this whole thread is bullshit in the sense that it shouldn't even fucking exist. Everyone is in the South Ward for the same fucking purpose, yet this bullshit is happening. 

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.
But let them keep preaching "Unity"

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

anamorican

anamorican

Agent of Nothing

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Supports:Monster
All the fun of an away section right next door!

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Do you accept finance majors? If so, I may be persuaded....

We're looking for fall interns to get us beer from three separate premium beer stands at halftime and in their spare time run correlations between refusal to sing in spanish and outright antagonistic behavior.  Excel skills needed...as well as sperry's and high end fashion sense.

#RedBullOut

Rooney22

Rooney22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts
  • Supports:The Mighty Fucking Metro

I just tend to get pissed off when I look to my right and some random fuck who I've never even met before (and one who I have) is flipping me off for no reason. 

Call it LatAm SC

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

According to them they are the only ones with any real supporters culture and everyone else are fucking gay. I mean they even posted a video about how dope they are, using crowd shots of mostly ESC, VA and non-affiliates declaring themselves the Kings of NY (as a NJ supporters club) all at a game between two local teams where the other team was soundly.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be

Why didn't any of you take Sack's advice in 2010 and ban them from the supporters end, it would have taken one phone call to the FO.

RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

MikeV

MikeV

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Supports:Metros
Ensuring none of the chants will be loud and in unison: so working class.

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

The drum in 133 fucks everything up. It's annoying, really.  

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

Binks

Binks

Posting From Behind Enemy Lines

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,749 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Fulham, RFC

Why didn't any of you take Sack's advice in 2010 and ban them from the supporters end, it would have taken one phone call to the FO.

Because you were wrong and are now reinventing how shit went down. It would have taken much more a phone call.

Pregame pints 15. Ticket to the game 60. Carlsburg, Meatpie and Crisps 16. Seeing an American score on another American at a Premier League match in England; Priceless.
"i just like to be careful right b4 i go on a first date with a chick. too much weird comments on facebook and im dead from the start" - JayDelight

"There's nothing good about my team, my team is shit!" (Harraby Lad to Alexi Lalas about Carlisle United)

And then, just like that, his halitosis and jersey were gone. -Bobby Boswell on Bobbygate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users