magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Kaku is great.

I just wanted to start it off by sharing this piece by Brian Lewis that gives some more personal details on Kaku.

https://nypost.com/2...dy-into-triumph

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Best playmaker in the league so far this season. On an absolute tear lately.

Kljestan had 17 assists last year and Kaku has already passed the halfway mark of Sacha's tally with less than a third of the season gone by.

In three of the last four games he has gotten two assists.

He has come into the club and hit the ground running.

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT

Kljestan had 17 assists last year and Kaku has already passed the halfway mark of Sacha's tally with less than a third of the season gone by.

hit the ground running.. just about the opposite of Veron.. but no need to beat the dead horse.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

In three of the last four games he has gotten two assists.

And, already more goals...

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Just imagine if he would have incorporated with the team sooner during preseason? We would have absolutely been in Concacaf Champions League Final and am sure we would be champions right now. Shame the transfer drama took time away.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

And, already more goals...

Yep, Kaku has a cannon of a shot and a nose for goal. Love this guy.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Veron who?

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Think it's a shame he gets compared to Veron because they were such different players.  But yeah, he's picked things up very quickly. It's hard to develop chemistry and understand where your teammates are going to be so quickly but he's managed to do it.  What's so great about him in my opinion is how quickly he finds the pass, and how the pass is almost ALWAYS going forward.  He doesn't just look for the easy passes.  He's perfect for our system.

Plus he's a great guy... Couldn't have a better signing.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Very different A mid from Kljestan, who always had the ball and started pretty much every play. 

Kaku goes strategically to where he thinks the play will develop, rather than beginning the attack himself, which he leaves to Adams and Davis.

Tends to mean Kaku ends up opportunistically in better spots and acts more like a second forward when there is need for it. 

Happy with him so far. I still think RBNY could have kept Kljestan and moved him into the back 2 dms with Adams/Davis(The role he played in Belgium), but I get that his salary was high. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

One of the best, if not the best, acquisitions in team history. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

hoofit

hoofit

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Supports:NYRB

My 2 year old loves saying "Kakuuuu."  Bit early to tell, but if Kaku stays at it a few more years here, he could be my boy's first sports hero.

Like David Thompson was for me. Won't be able to do any more than identify the player and team, and perhaps know they are good, but that's still special.

Kaku's got the smile and charm to appeal to kids... yeah and assists and goals are cool too!

Here's hoping.

Excellence Not Expectations

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Very different A mid from Kljestan, who always had the ball and started pretty much every play. 

Kaku goes strategically to where he thinks the play will develop, rather than beginning the attack himself, which he leaves to Adams and Davis.

Tends to mean Kaku ends up opportunistically in better spots and acts more like a second forward when there is need for it. 

Happy with him so far. I still think RBNY could have kept Kljestan and moved him into the back 2 dms with Adams/Davis(The role he played in Belgium), but I get that his salary was high. 

with you except for the bolded part. there is 0 place for sacha in the current squad.  he doesn't defend.  he doesn't run.  we have better, cheaper guys on the roster that fit much better.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,056 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I still think RBNY could have kept Kljestan and moved him into the back 2 dms with Adams/Davis(The role he played in Belgium), but I get that his salary was high. 

Thread split territory, but if we kept Sacha to play deep, Marsch would have had to keep him in the lineup and I'm not sure Davis isn't better (faster, better tackler, cheaper) in that role than Kljestan is.  Plus, Marsch played him deeper a little, early last season and Sacha bitched about it.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Thread split territory, but if we kept Sacha to play deep, Marsch would have had to keep him in the lineup and I'm not sure Davis isn't better (faster, better tackler, cheaper) in that role than Kljestan is.  Plus, Marsch played him deeper a little, early last season and Sacha bitched about it.

When doesn't Sacha bitch? That was one thing, about him, that annoyed me when he was here. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Totally.  I think it would have been ugly if Sacha was out there as one of the 6's and trying to keep pace with Almiron.  Sacha can play in some systems and certainly can pass, just can't play in this system anymore.  Requires too much mobility.

And Kaku isn't out there exactly running around like Muyl, but he does take some opportunities to force turnovers.  And that's huge especially when it's less predictable and everyone else around him (like Royer, Valot, Tyler, and Davis) are all flying around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users