578 replies to this topic

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Reyes in a 3 back line? Cuz Parker was solid and Long is a stud so idk thw reasoning...

And sadly Super Mario Mandzukic seems to have signed with AC Milan.. His hustle and how clutch he is.. I would have loved that here..
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Somewhat linked to another winger/attacking mid

https://twitter.com/...2385915904?s=21

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Sell Jorgensen and sign Matthew Hoppe

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

Sell Jorgensen and sign Matthew Hoppe

Especially with Schalke in a mess. They are looking the the Leeds United team that crashed due to financial crisis.

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Somewhat linked to another winger/attacking mid

https://twitter.com/...2385915904?s=21

He was way much better than gil when they both played in deportivo. He can create

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

He was way much better than gil when they both played in deportivo. He can create

Yeah its very speculative interest, not a super strong link.

Dont know if it was a Haksabanovic backup plan or they are still looking for another attacking option.

With Sead and Cameron Harper supposed to be coming in Id think if they sign another attacker one is going to have to be going, probably Kaku.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

sign Matthew Hoppe

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=pZ8Yq0a90fw

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Supports:Metro
I doubt hoppe would want to come back to mls but if he did we have a good connection with McCafferty

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Yeah its very speculative interest, not a super strong link.

Dont know if it was a Haksabanovic backup plan or they are still looking for another attacking option.

With Sead and Cameron Harper supposed to be coming in Id think if they sign another attacker one is going to have to be going, probably Kaku.

This January feels like the GM and org know what they are doing. I hope we get something announced soon! 

P.S. - I think Kaku has to be gone, right?  

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

Lisandro López looks to be joining ATL.

I know people are going to think this is trash move as he is like 40 but in his last three seasons

Played - scored

29 - 8

27 - 18

23 - 4

I am bias as I used to love those 10-15 Lyon teams he was on. Seems a good pick up for me if he is making less than 750 or something.

He's obv lost his pace and stamina but he has always been a class player.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Papu Gómez is still out there.. If they sell Kaku they can use that money to get Gómez or better yet just loosen the purse strings and add Gómez.. The two of them on the pitch may create plenty of football and scoring chances NY hasn't had since Marsch first season

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Duane Holmes is moving on from Derby County.  It looks like he's going to Huddersfield.  But maybe Thelwell and Struber have connections in the Championship and could swoop in and sign him.

He's still pretty young (24).  Contract is up in June, and Rooney is doing his best to reduce any transfer fee.  Has been uneven over the last few years, at times looks like he's going to establish himself as a regular player, but injuries have set him back.  Rooney seems to be questioning his work ethic.

It would be a little like a Yearwood signing.  Not a step right in starter, but might be better than Valot and Omir.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Duane Holmes is moving on from Derby County.  It looks like he's going to Huddersfield.  But maybe Thelwell and Struber have connections in the Championship and could swoop in and sign him.

He's still pretty young (24).  Contract is up in June, and Rooney is doing his best to reduce any transfer fee.  Has been uneven over the last few years, at times looks like he's going to establish himself as a regular player, but injuries have set him back.  Rooney seems to be questioning his work ethic.

It would be a little like a Yearwood signing.  Not a step right in starter, but might be better than Valot and Omir.

Valot is still better than Yearwood.. Yearwood is a walking red card not since the likes of Carlos Johnson and Juan Pietravallo

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

I was actually trying to say that Holmes (not Yearwood) might be better than Valot and Omir.  

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

If he can play LB and hopefully better than Pendant then this would be great.  Pendant does have some tools with his mobility so I wouldn't give up on him though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users