126 replies to this topic

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

2010 as well, but Sutton was a green card holder. Bouna might have been domestic too, don't remember.

I'm not 100% on this, but I feel like Bouna was a citizen. He moved to the US when he was in high school at the latest, went to college at Albany, and played professionally here until he was 29.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Social media team is showing both Meara and Jensen very much in camp. If Coronel is the guy then he's the guy, but that sure is a lot of cap space going to backup and third-string goalkeepers. Can't imagine they're happy, either. Jensen particularly. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Yeah, who knows how this pans out. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Coronel still isnt here, Edwards and Fabio MIA as well

Fabio needs the preseason and to hit the ground running with his short term loan deal. Longer it takes to get him here the better the chance that hes another Tetteh

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

Social media team is showing both Meara and Jensen very much in camp. If Coronel is the guy then he's the guy, but that sure is a lot of cap space going to backup and third-string goalkeepers. Can't imagine they're happy, either. Jensen particularly. 

I wouldn't read into that. I've noticed that the social media guy is pretty tone deaf/clueless when it comes to posting photos of players. Wouldn't surprise me if he used Meara quotes/photos all pre-season and then Coronel starts Game 1.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Coronel still isnt here, Edwards and Fabio MIA as well

Fabio needs the preseason and to hit the ground running with his short term loan deal. Longer it takes to get him here the better the chance that hes another Tetteh

I guess issue is on the US side, right? Weird Diarro could make it so quickly and Fabio/Edwards taking forever. Hopefully no issues with either - didnt Edwards have some sort of low level bad behavior on his record?  

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I wouldn't read into that. I've noticed that the social media guy is pretty tone deaf/clueless when it comes to posting photos of players. Wouldn't surprise me if he used Meara quotes/photos all pre-season and then Coronel starts Game 1.

Not really the point. As I said, the dilemma is the fuckton of cap space we're now using on a backup and third (!!!) goalkeeper. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I guess issue is on the US side, right? Weird Diarro could make it so quickly and Fabio/Edwards taking forever. Hopefully no issues with either - didnt Edwards have some sort of low level bad behavior on his record?  

If Fabio is coming from Brazil, that explains his delay. Brazil is getting wrecked by COVID.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
FC Cincinnati had no visa issues to get Brenner in on time. Metro have historically had the most inept staff to help new players get their visas in a timely manner!!

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

FC Cincinnati had no visa issues to get Brenner in on time. Metro have historically had the most inept staff to help new players get their visas in a timely manner!!

TBF, Cinci is part of a major international entity with expert resources available in that regard.  We're juts a local club.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

2010 as well, but Sutton was a green card holder. Bouna might have been domestic too, don't remember.

bouna should have been domestic. He went to HS in NYC.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

TBF, Cinci is part of a major international entity with expert resources available in that regard.  We're juts a local club.

The system also likely makes the process easier for someone coming on a multi-million dollar salary. Who knows what's going on but "they're both Brazilian" isn't the totality of comparing the immigration procedures. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Something to be said then when it comes to teams giving players $$$ in salary. Carmona will join the team in September. lol

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Something to be said then when it comes to teams giving players $$$ in salary. Carmona will join the team in September. lol

Says a lot more about our immigration system TBH but I'm not trying to get the dreaded thread split.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I would think actually its easier for Carmona to get a visa than Fabio because he is a youth national player.   There are two categories 1 for For Internationally Recognized Individuals or Teams and a For Professional Athletes.

Brenner is capped by Brazilian youth national team and comes from a Serie A club, so its probably easier for him to qualify for the first category which should have less applicants. 

You need two of these, which for Brenner he's played with Brazil and the sports media statement if it can be an article would have plenty for Brenner to slide through. 

• Evidence of having participated to a significant extent in a prior season with a major United States sports league;
  • Evidence of having participated in international competition with a national team;
  • Evidence of having participated to a significant extent in a prior season for a U.S. college or university in intercollegiate competition;
  • A written statement from an official of the governing body of the sport which details how you or your team is internationally recognized;
  • A written statement from a member of the sports media or a recognized expert in the sport which details how you or your team is internationally recognized;
  • Evidence that you or your team is ranked, if the sport has international rankings; or
  • Evidence that you or your team has received a significant honor or award in the sport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users