JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,234 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
3-0. Long. Working on GD now.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

pushthepace

pushthepace

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

3-0. Long. Working on GD now.

Attack!

Attack!

Attack, attack, attack! 

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I gotta step up. Still on beer. What kind of Vodka?

I prefer the work of Mr. Bertito Beveridge.

WHOA. Unreal Parker Long combo there.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,234 posts
Wondo on at 55.
SJ getting their chances, cannot convert.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Does bwp get an assist on his goal??

I think rebounds or shots off the post don't give assists, and you definitely can't get an assist to yourself.  Pretty much deserves one though.

Frankly, since I am merely a fan and a not a fancy American soccer writer, I'm going to congratulate Wright-Phillips on a well hit goal. If I was an American soccer writer, I'd claim that the recently retired Henry was wearing an invisibility cloak and carried the ball into the net for the obviously unskilled Wright-Phillips.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Kemar for MVP!!

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
Not sure if theyre related but we went from great to terrible since Ivan came on.

Edit: Continue to play like crap for 20 minutes and get punished on a set piece.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,234 posts
Back line has a shaky final few minutes.
SJ could have scored 5 in the last 20.

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal
I still don't understand what Ivan brings to the table.

Parker was awful for the last 20 minutes.

Good win otherwise. BWP was great, should have had two if not for that bad Murillo cross. Excellent celebration by Long on his goal.

This was the type of game we'd lose in years past, and it was an extremely comfortable win instead. Promising.

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls
Metrofanatic....is todays win our 300th win? Allegedly making RedBull only the second team in MLS history to reach that achievement?

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,234 posts

is todays win our 300th win

https://en.m.wikiped..._and_statistics
https://www.worldfoo...-league-soccer/

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

I was finally able to catch up with the game, had to avoid this site and MLS for a couple of hours...

Too bad Dildo Wondo managed to get one at the end, like most of you I didn't love how the defense looked in the last 20 minutes. Otherwise this was just the kind of game they needed.

And, something I hope Atlanta is thinking about, they needed a couple of assists from the ref to get a comeback win out there, we coasted to any easy win and only let up a goal on autopilot at the end.

I liked Armas' take on our endless 'shield vs. cup' discussion -' we're playing for the Shield right now, which should put is in a good spot to win the next cup, but we don't really talk about cups, we talk about each game as it comes.'

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,655 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

3-1 is a very generous scoreline to San Jose - we should have been up by 6 by the time Wondo even saw the ball. Total domination for the first 70 minutes at least.

Shep mentioned it on one of his misses, but one thing that Etienne has to learn from BWP is how to hit his shots low. Etienne still looks like he's going for FIFA goals that hit the upper corner. Still a really encouraging game from him though, his movement reminded me a lot of how Grella played the position. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
With every post game interview you see Armas' confidence growing.

And in two years DE and Muyl might be twin allstars on the wing. The quality is there and there's a system in place to develop it. Both those guys looking like future 10g 10a players for me.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
DE and Myul both looked better this game. Hard decide which is better goalBWP or Center back backheel flick combo Got to go self assist off the post

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users