129 replies to this topic

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,335 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Professional performance. Went in and did what we had to do against a putrid team. Not the most beautiful performance but the result wasn't really in doubt as we came out strong and with the wrong mentality. 

Loved seeing those old school MLS highlights MSG showed in showing our 2003 win at SJ. It seems we've picked up a lot of road wins this year in places we haven't won in a very long time. 

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Professional performance. Went in and did what we had to do against a putrid team. Not the most beautiful performance but the result wasn't really in doubt as we came out strong and with the wrong mentality. 

Loved seeing those old school MLS highlights MSG showed in showing our 2003 win at SJ. It seems we've picked up a lot of road wins this year in places we haven't won in a very long time. 

Technically, we did win at SJ in the first leg of the 2010 playoffs.

But yes this has been an incredible regular season - one of the top seasons of any MLS team all-time (currently 6th-most in league history for points in a season). This team has been a machine at grinding out results every week. Yes, it was SJ, but beating the teams you're supposed to beat can be the difference between a Shield contender (RBNY) and a pretty good team (Dallas - lost twice to SJ).

https://en.wikipedia...atistics#Points

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,655 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

It was pretty funny how openly Yardley and Shep were trashing SJ on the broadcast. "Terrible" and "awful" got used about half a dozen times each. And its 100% true.

ivo

ivo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

It was pretty funny how openly Yardley and Shep were trashing SJ on the broadcast. "Terrible" and "awful" got used about half a dozen times each. And its 100% true.

"The whole front office should be fired" was what caught my attention.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,234 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

currently 6th-most in league history for points in a season

If RB and ATL both win out, we will have the second-most points all-time, with nothing to show for it.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

"The whole front office should be fired" was what caught my attention.

This is what should've been said on the Sabres broadcast that proceeded the match on the MSG Buffalo feed.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

Koko

Koko

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Supports:Metro
My crow tastes delicious. Thought for sure wed lose this one. I had images of Chivas away dancing in my head from...how many seasons ago was that? They were the worst team in MLS history or something and we thought it was automatic points and got smoked like 3-1 or something.

Anyway great 70 minutes. Should have been 5-0 at that point. So I guess the only thing for the lads to do is work on WHY it wasnt 5-0 and just WTF happened in the last 20 minutes. Cause we cant have that shit come playoff time against a real team.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,234 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

WTF happened in the last 20 minutes.

When did the team fly out?
Someone mentioned the time difference to me.
It was after midnight when our D turned into mice.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,655 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

If you're totaling dominating 70 out of 90 minutes per game, I'd say you're doin' pretty well.

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

When did the team fly out?
Someone mentioned the time difference to me.
It was after midnight when our D turned into mice.

Or when Muyl was taken out for Ivan.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,450 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, US, Russia

My crow tastes delicious. Thought for sure wed lose this one. I had images of Chivas away dancing in my head from...how many seasons ago was that? They were the worst team in MLS history or something and we thought it was automatic points and got smoked like 3-1 or something.

Anyway great 70 minutes. Should have been 5-0 at that point. So I guess the only thing for the lads to do is work on WHY it wasnt 5-0 and just WTF happened in the last 20 minutes. Cause we cant have that shit come playoff time against a real team.

The Justin Braun game?

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

The Justin Braun game?

No... That was in 2011 at Red Bull Arena. Unless there were multiple Justin Braun games and I blacked the other one out of my memory.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,392 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

No... That was in 2011 at Red Bull Arena. Unless there were multiple Justin Braun games and I blacked the other one out of my memory.

Justin Braun, Pat Noonan, et al.

all blocked out of my memory. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, and Glenn Stampiglia

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,661 posts

Justin Braun, Pat Noonan, et al.

all blocked out of my memory. 

"Scrubs scoring hat tricks against us and then washing out of the league" was a big thing for a while. One of the reasons I love this year's defense so much...

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
Speaking of which, anyone still missing Felipe and his soccer-god-angering distracting fuckshit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users