422 replies to this topic

hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,651 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT
Likely the last game for Armas and BWP. Definitely thank BWP for everything but he's done. It always happens to fast for the greats. Fun game but unfortunately many hours in the cold and rain and many pricey beers for nothing. 3 goals on the road was a dream but none of us trusted it and for good reason.

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

I actually feel far less dejected after this loss than I have in the past few years as I had absolutely no expectation the team would do anything.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

999duo

999duo

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Bolton, Swansea

Likely the last game for Armas and BWP. Definitely thank BWP for everything but he's done. It always happens to fast for the greats. Fun game but unfortunately many hours in the cold and rain and many pricey beers for nothing. 3 goals on the road was a dream but none of us trusted it and for good reason.

We all hope it's the last game for Armas. Unfortunately, I can't say it's 'likely.'

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
Hey guys on the bright side if this was last year's format we would have so many away goals! Lmfao

This team is a joke. We were never winning in Atlanta anyway. At least they saved me time and money on that trip.

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,619 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Hearing this from Lalas was insult to injury. Thanks for the superclub!

Does Dieter even care that we are a league-wide joke?

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • Supports:metro

I could be wrong but they changed the playoff format a year too late in relation to us.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter.  We could have played this game without Philly on the field and 1 minutes halves and still found a way to lose.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

cBr

cBr

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,886 posts
It looked like we were playing the Spanish 2010 wc team out there in the second half. We were helpless

5 year plan

wabbit67

wabbit67

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
I think Armas makes tons of bad decisions but let's be honest: their roster is much better than ours. They have so many dangerous players on the offensive end. We have none. Plus our two most dynamic offensive players were lost to injury in the course of the game forcing a different course of action Lalas is a clown who has always had an axe to grind against Red Bull. It is a joke he is on the air. Tell MLS I'm choosing not to watch the rest of their playoffs. LAFC is the only team worth watching for a neutral anyway.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

BWP retired last year, I was there for the jersey retirement ceremony.

reyes7

reyes7

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Supports:rbny

This was like so many other games this year where they came out for the 2nd half and played like they were waking up from a nap.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,689 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Hey Alexi, you know what's "so Metro"? Firing the best coach in American history because you realized that while you were the boss on paper, he was superior to you not only intellectually and in his understanding of the game... but as a human being.

Fucking scumbag.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts
  • Supports:metro

So what do we think, either NYCFC or Philly some how win it this year just to make sure our balls disappear entirely.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

This was like so many other games this year where they came out for the 2nd half and played like they were waking up from a nap.

Thats has not been proven. Maybe theyre jerking off literally at the half because science shows that taking naps helps productivity.

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

another wasted year. maybe next year?

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts
This is where I was at. Barely bothered me because it was clear as day this team was going nowhere. The only reason Im annoyed at all is how it happened. Up 3-1 at the half is just awful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users