184 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Will be interesting to see what they are paying him - but he won't be a starter.

I'm looking forward to seeing that as well.  Imagining around 700 or 800k?  Definitely low enough where we should have kept him to come off the bench imo, but oh well.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

only reason why BWP was signed was because LAFC's starter went down with an injury. if Diomande didn't injure his foot, I think BWP would've had to have looked elsewhere for a gig. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

GMoney

GMoney

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I love this guy. I hope he kills it this year and scores 15+ goals. Proved that when hes healthy, he can play.

Maybe wishful thinking but Ill be rooting for him.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

I love this guy. I hope he ... scores 15+ goals.

Needs one to pass Kreis all-time, 7 to pass Razov.
18 to tie Kamara may be too much.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

I'm looking forward to seeing that as well.  Imagining around 700 or 800k?  Definitely low enough where we should have kept him to come off the bench imo, but oh well.

I'd guess half that. Would be shocked if he's a TAM player.

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

So to be clear, RBNY dropped Brad for "cap space", we didn't do anything with the cap space, and now he's signed with the best team in the history of the league, who are set to most likely run the league again next year.

Great.

Exactly. If we had to drop BWP in order to free up money for a new signing, or make room for a new star striker - then alright, I get it. But that's not the case. Why did he drop him? It seems like we got rid of our club legend for literally no reason (on bad terms btw - clearly he didn't take it the same way as Robles did). There's no room for him on our shit team, but there's room for him on LAFC??? I want to room for him, but if we watch him bang in goals this year, and dare I say win an MLS Cup... I'm going to be sick to my stomach. 

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

I'd guess half that. Would be shocked if he's a TAM player.

Thats my guess too. 300k and change

5 year plan

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Does Hamlett remember we own BWP's MLS rights? Maybe he can get a 50K allocation or something...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

New England brought him in to have a look back in late November. They passed due to lingering health issues. Maybe those are behind him and he get back to scoring with LAFC in CCL. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Does Hamlett remember we own BWP's MLS rights? Maybe he can get a 50K allocation or something...

that's one of those well deserved lose-lose scenarios for Hamlett. Either he's nice to 99 and let's him go cheap, or he does his job and holds the deal up for ransom. Either way he's gonna get criticized.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

ldandria

ldandria

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Hartford Athletic, USMNT
BWP is a club legend but his best days are behind him. I predict he scores 2 goals this season coming off the bench in LA.

jamison

jamison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
  • Supports:New York
Well, best of luck to him. Awesome guy, hope theres a statue in front of the stadium for him one day.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

BWP is a club legend but his best days are behind him. I predict he scores 2 goals this season coming off the bench in LA.

I predict 4 in total, 2 in league play, 2 in Champions League/Open Cup play.

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Well, best of luck to him. Awesome guy, hope theres a statue in front of the stadium for him one day.

I think that ship sailed when there was no MLS cup.

GMoney

GMoney

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,118 posts

Hamlet said that he would rather retain BWPs rights, should he ever come back to MLS, rather than accept a nominal fee.

The New York Red Bulls previously kicked around Major League Soccer as the MetroStars with limited success. But after transforming under a new banner in 2005, the Red Bulls have become a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Conference. The club has made leaps of progress since its previous incarnation and now has its focus on bringing the league title to New York. Grab your New York Red Bulls soccer jersey and other gear here at MLSGear.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users