725 replies to this topic

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

this makes too much sense. but will they run 1000% harder during an American summer with high temps and humidity? Last nite's game time conditions are not the norm. 

Who ever is more likely to score goals..
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

David Silva to Miami

They are selling tickets, for Fort Lauderdale!
http://magiccity.soc...ckhart-stadium/

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
Yea I used live near the stadium that they will use in Fort Lauderdale and everyone in the area meaning Dade and Broward and Palm Beach county, especially Palm Beach and Broward people think it's better that they're in Fort Lauderdale cuz then people from the other parts of the Tri County area have a easier commute... Dade has historically been bad at backing sports

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
But for next year..... Pedro de la Vega and Thiago Almada

I have mentioned mainly Orlando Berrios and Yimmi Chara... And Sebastián Villa.. But next year they'll be a year older and right now Chara is the only one that is really hitting a top form.. They are more like players that have hit a ceiling and while they'll upgrades they are at or close to their peak imo...

Players almost at their level but with a much higher ceiling that I think will consider moves are Pedro De La Vega from Lanús Fc and Thiago Almada from Vélez Sarsfeild....

De La Vega at RW has shown he's gotten better already and has a high work rate and excellent 1v1 skills and good vision and a great shot from range and he's earning a lot of minutes at Lanús at only 18 he can probably be signed for 4 million which is plausible for Metro

Thiago Almada will probably command about double but at 18 he's Vélez jewel and can play anywhere in the attack, CAM, LW, RW Striker... I think they would be playing at Royer's level even now yet are young enough to get better

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Yea I used live near the stadium that they will use in Fort Lauderdale and everyone in the area meaning Dade and Broward and Palm Beach county, especially Palm Beach and Broward people think it's better that they're in Fort Lauderdale cuz then people from the other parts of the Tri County area have a easier commute... Dade has historically been bad at backing sports

MLS had a team at Lockhart. It failed. Not that Miami supports anything, but having a high profile team playing at Lockhart again is pretty embarrassing.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

the guy who owned the Fusion just wasn't as deep pocketed as was needed. i think Beckham's group have the $$$ necessary to keep them competitive on the field. with a fertile area for young player who may end up in their academy or reserve team.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

MLS had a team at Lockhart. It failed. Not that Miami supports anything, but having a high profile team playing at Lockhart again is pretty embarrassing.

Lockhart was not a good stadium.. It was just a bleachers on 3 sides... No real parking lot just gravel... If they make a nice stadium and have a quality side, people will come. They may not pack a 60k park but if they make a nice place like Orlando's something 14k and have a good side they will have many sell outs or close to capacity... It's situated really close to 95 and people from all three counties will go...

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts
But I digress....

Pedro de la Vega and Thiago Almada... Upgrades over Muyl, Sims and Omir... They'll most likely be at least as productive as Royer if not at worst as good as Kaku and are still teenagers and surely will get better

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
If we lose Long, i wouldnt mind going after Damien Lowe. He seems to hold his own against the MNT and USMNT.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Thomas Muller wants to leave Bayern in January.  I would expect that he'd score 15-25 goals playing as a striker in MLS, a definite need for NYRB.  Maybe Schweinsteiger could do us a solid and talk up playing in MLS and the US.  Timing would be perfect for the 2020 season.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Thomas Muller wants to leave Bayern in January.  I would expect that he'd score 15-25 goals playing as a striker in MLS, a definite need for NYRB.  Maybe Schweinsteiger could do us a solid and talk up playing in MLS and the US.  Timing would be perfect for the 2020 season.

Would be a great signing, will never happen.

Muller is plenty good enough to play in a big European team and won't lack suitors.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts
Hes at sweet spot in his career where hes realistic and attainable for any club not named Juventus in Itay

5 year plan

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

he'd be perfect. he could play up top, either wing, CAM or 8.

Raumdeuter

https://www.youtube....h?v=sZsJo7ZKdjQ

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Red Bull ain't buying anyone they can't resell unfortunately, Mueller would be awesome

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

Would be a great signing, will never happen.

Muller is plenty good enough to play in a big European team and won't lack suitors.

Anything is possible if you offer enough money. 

He's done with the German national team.  He could sign elsewhere in Europe, but what would they pay him?  Not that Red Bull would do it, but they could "knock his socks off" with a big offer.  If his best offer in Europe was, say, $2 million a year, and Red Bull offered $3 million a year for 3 years, Muller would at least have to think about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users