Photo

NEW to the Riot Squad Forums? Come right here!

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

#1 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:30 AM

The Squad is growing. Let this be the official welcoming thread. Look, we all know that we are the only "anti-supporter's group" in MLS because we just don't care what anyone else thinks of us. With that said, it can get really weird and downright hostile for newbs who are not familiar with the abject dark humor and sarcasm that permeates these boards.

Let this then be the SAFE and HELPFUL place for our new friends to post, introduce themselves without the normal sardonic humor we are known for.

If you've been on the boards but not posted, do it here. Introduce yourself. Get to know all of us, and let us know who the hell you are. You will NOT be abused and battered here like we do to each other on the "normal" boards. Once we know you, and you know us, then join the LARS moshpit.

And with that said, I'm Tommy Mack and I've got really bad Billy Idol hair. I drum with Gemini666 at the games and I'm an alcoholic.

Who are YOU?

tommy mack
lars

#2 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:50 AM

BUMP

Hey newbs, HAPPY NEY YEAR! And speak up in this thread, dammit! Or THIS MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOU LIKE IT DID FOR ME!!!!

Tommy Mack

#3 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:05 AM

BUMP

Hey newbs, HAPPY NEY YEAR! And speak up in this thread, dammit! Or THIS MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOU LIKE IT DID FOR ME!!!!

Tommy Mack

dear newbs,

i hate most of the riot squaders and still have a good time at the games. yeah!! :lol:

JK...LOL... on the realz most people are cool. except most of "us" are holier then thou elitist who think we know everything. but it makes for fantastic (george lopez voice) humor and so go with it. ask gen buck.. tracer is always right.... besides, this is LA/hollywood so this is about as good as it gets

other then that i am tracer, i am a teacher who can't spell, and i secretly wish that more then 30 out of 300 riot squadders actually stood up and cheered/chanted during games. (the other 270 do what everyone else does: be on their cell phone and cheer when it appears necessary except that they STAND and drink a lot and so it makes them lars)..... SIGH... oh and i too am also an alkamaholic... :pint: soooo! here's to you NEWB... please be 31 instead of 271...pay attention to LA LA LA let's go... the ones that don't move are 270. move and cheer NEWB!

what??? it's still the offseason???

Posted Image

odds that zero will respond to this post in 24 hours? 5 to -10

welcome newb!

yours in soccer (like kristen our ticket rep)

tRacer

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#4 DirtyDefender

DirtyDefender

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, US, Newcastle, England

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

oh and i too am also an alkamaholic..

Alcoholics go to meetings. We just drink a lot.

#5 cesar

cesar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,146 posts
  • Supports:Women

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:42 PM

welcome putos!
Posted Image

#6 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:10 PM

Alcoholics go to meetings. We just drink a lot.

i thought game days are our meetings??? whaaa???? that's kRazy son!

denial will get you nowhere my friend...

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#7 Universal_Re-Monster

Universal_Re-Monster

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts
  • Interests:the number three
  • Supports:la galaxy, B&G FC

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

hi, new guys!
i would like to hold your hand
and caress your genitals. seriously.

Posted Image
S A T A N

#8 ucsdguy

ucsdguy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,773 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Tottenham hotspur

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

hi, new guys!
i would like to hold your hand
and caress your genitals. seriously.

i've heard there are happy endings for clipper fans too

#9 Crime

Crime

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Interests:SOCCER AND BEER! Aside from that... avid hockey fan, some basketball, and mixed martial arts.
  • Supports:LA GALAXY/Newcastle United/AC Milan

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:12 AM

i've heard there are happy endings for clipper fans too

Happy ending
Zero Cool is always good for a laugh... I mean SERIOUSLY! His name is ZERO cool HAHAHAHA

#10 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

I'm a NewB I guess.

I've got 2 kids so I bought a mini plan in section 137 thinking that LARS was in 138. I even told Chad that I didn't want to be right in the center of things. Now that I've become obssessed with this Fan Forum (after reading the "scarfs" thread), I've realized my uninformed seat selection. I wanted to be close to you but not exactly IN you. However, I guess FATE delt its ugly hand.

My little sister Sherri & her boyfriend Dylan claim to know some LARS members and have stood in the riot squad section. They vouch for your kindness and passion. I've sat in the upper bleachers and in the southwest corner for a Galaxy match in 2007. But, after standing with the Hudson Street Hooligans at MLS Cup 2008, I know the joy of being amongst true supporters. I couldn't get any tix online last year. Every match I wanted to attend was sold out. That's why I shelled out more money up front for a mini-plan. It costs triple when you have 2 kids.

I'm an old coot so I'll do what I can with my kids and respect the LARS seating policy. Or, maybe I'll leave those ungrateful rugrats at home with their mama.

May the Galaxy do something this season no matter who is on the pitch.

Cheers, Fredo fromFullerton
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#11 Riggs.

Riggs.

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, your mother

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:14 PM

I'm a NewB I guess.

I've got 2 kids so I bought a mini plan in section 137 thinking that LARS was in 138. I even told Chad that I didn't want to be right in the center of things. Now that I've become obssessed with this Fan Forum (after reading the "scarfs" thread), I've realized my uninformed seat selection. I wanted to be close to you but not exactly IN you. However, I guess FATE delt its ugly hand.

My little sister Sherri & her boyfriend Dylan claim to know some LARS members and have stood in the riot squad section. They vouch for your kindness and passion. I've sat in the upper bleachers and in the southwest corner for a Galaxy match in 2007. But, after standing with the Hudson Street Hooligans at MLS Cup 2008, I know the joy of being amongst true supporters. I couldn't get any tix online last year. Every match I wanted to attend was sold out. That's why I shelled out more money up front for a mini-plan. It costs triple when you have 2 kids.

I'm an old coot so I'll do what I can with my kids and respect the LARS seating policy. Or, maybe I'll leave those ungrateful rugrats at home with their mama.

May the Galaxy do something this season no matter who is on the pitch.

Cheers, Fredo fromFullerton

LARS, through the doctrine of manifest destiny, absorbed 137 last year.

Have fun new friend

#12 Zero Cool

Zero Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Supports:Google+

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:02 PM

What the dude Fredo said

Most people with Young'un's just sit in the back of 137/138. It's a lot chiller back there, and you can still get involved when you choose to. Both sections now belong to us, so you still technically have "LARS Seating". As far as "Where your seats are" in the section, it doesnt' really matter. Go sit wherever you want as long as nobody is there before you. There are seats that are "Understood" to be some peoples seats, but its usually a negotiable affair as long as your not going "look at my tickets! These are my seats!" and stuff like that.
Zero Cool winner of the 2012 ALMOST Goal of the Year
Isaac: So when I told you guys we were on it, I meant to say we're on the motherfucker, go back in there and relax...

#13 TommyMack

TommyMack

Player/Manager

• LARS Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:24 PM

Eventually, we'll take over 139 as well. But our "spiritual" home is 138 for two reasons: A) it's where we started at the HDC and B) it's a great song from the Misfits that we somehow fuck up every time we sing it.

138/137 is general seating accept for a few front row places and where drums have eminent domain (sorry, that's the way it has to be). Other than that, you can STAND anywhere you want. But if you need to chill, Zero Cool was right: go up to the higher levels.

Cheers,
tm

#14 Gen'Buck'Turgidson

Gen'Buck'Turgidson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,116 posts
  • Interests:THE 5 STAGES OF LARS MEMBERSHIP
    1) LARS Worship
    2) Hyper-Enthusiasm
    3) Delusional Misbelief
    4) Cognizant Sarcasm
    5) Ambivalent Apathy
    ::: Greenwood FC :::
    --------------------
  • Supports:Pints of Jamesons

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

138/137 is general seating accept for a few front row places and where drums have eminent domain (sorry, that's the way it has to be).

Please annex 137!
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
-H. L. Mencken
----------------------
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which "unskilled people reach erroneous conclusions and make unfortunate choices but their incompetence robs them of the metacognitive ability to realize it." The unskilled therefore suffer from illusory superiority, rating their own ability as above average.

#15 fredo9

fredo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:56 PM

How do you fuck up "We Are 138?"

There's Only One Galaxy
There's Only One Galaxy