So now what's the ideal XI (and subs) from late August on?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,110 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

this would look too similar to the shit we tried in the away leg in Mexico in CCL this year, where our central midfield shape was decimated and we gave up like 3 goals in 15 seconds.  We absolutely need at a bare minimum 2 real bona-fide central mids playing centrally - not CCJ plus Kaku,  certainly not CCJ plus BWP (how many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man Chris Armas??)

This formation with Kaku, CJ and Taxi  looks a whole lot better than this formation with Valot, Davis and Lade.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,238 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Also, for the rest of the season, i don't think we'll be playing a team that's worth 2-3 times more than ours. I get ppl's point about what happened in CCL. i do think with the recent acquisitions and benchings, we might see a partial return to 5-4-1? allows Muyl to continue his hustling down the flank as he has playing wing back. taxi does his thing, sims kaku and royer on the field with casseres.

also, we get a back 3 of Tarek Long Parker, which on paper is formidable. i think in past games where we trotted out the 5-4-1 it was Collin Long Murillo, maybe even Taxi Long Zizzo or something ridiculous. like mentioned above Muyl has played at outside back in this formation, wasn't garbage.

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig and Celenio Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

"Team That I Dream Of" and "Faithful To The Colors" 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,334 posts

I like CCJ but I don't think he works in that 3-3-3-1 formation.  He's a better ball winner than Davis but Davis is better with his positioning.

My impression from watching Sims too is that he might be best for the 4-2-3-1 and not that 3-3-3-1.  If we went with that, 100% play Rza in that RM spot.   If Armas didn't hate Murillo, then I'd go with Murillo at right wing back over Muyl too.

------------BWP

---Royer Kaku Rza

Taxi-------Davis----Murillo

---Tarek-Long--Parker

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,044 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

One option for the 3-3-3-1 people are forgetting, Davis actually played really well as an attacking midfielder in that formation in 2017, I think its been his best spot as a Red Bull. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,238 posts

only reason why i bring up 5-4-1 is that it allows the players ppl want on the field without benching too many guys.

Royer Kaku Sims Casseres are the guys that i'll assume ppl want to see a lot because of offensive production, actual or potential.

Taxi Long Robles Parker Muyl are the guys that the technical staff wants on the field as much as possible, in addition to one of White/BWP. 

if they stuck with 4-2-3-1, they'd have to bench a player or two, in addition to making a decision to bench Murillo or start Buck. with 5-4-1, issue is dealt with immediately. 

White/BWP

Royer Kaku Sims

Taxi Parker Long ????

Robles

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Hey heres an idea: Drop the fucking system and just sign guys and coaches that are going to win you a championship.

Systems...what a load of crap.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,939 posts

this would look too similar to the shit we tried in the away leg in Mexico in CCL this year, where our central midfield shape was decimated and we gave up like 3 goals in 15 seconds.  We absolutely need at a bare minimum 2 real bona-fide central mids playing centrally - not CCJ plus Kaku,  certainly not CCJ plus BWP (how many times do we have to teach you this lesson old man Chris Armas??)

LAFC is 40% as good as Santos and we have 5 months more fitness as running out of gas was huge in CCL
This formation gives us options and allows good player to play . Either formation works for me

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,238 posts

One option for the 3-3-3-1 people are forgetting, Davis actually played really well as an attacking midfielder in that formation in 2017, I think its been his best spot as a Red Bull. 

didn't he score a goal away to LA in that position? also same game where Veron scored. it's a good point. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,334 posts

Hey heres an idea: Drop the fucking system and just sign guys and coaches that are going to win you a championship.

Systems...what a load of crap.

Everyone has a system.  The best coaches in all of sports.  Coaches tweak their systems to fit certain players, but it's always their system.  

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Everyone has a system.  The best coaches in all of sports.  Coaches tweak their systems to fit certain players, but it's always their system.  

Not all systems narrow your available signings down to: Were only gonna sign young guys who press that we can sell on for a profit.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,238 posts

yeah, he's got a point.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,939 posts

Not all systems narrow your available signings down to: Were only gonna sign young guys who press that we can sell on for a profit.

Tru but thats not our system or the counterpress system
They are clearly being cheap but continuity is important,as is home grown minutes and they found Sims who is a good fit and significant upgrade

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Tru but thats not our system or the counterpress system
They are clearly being cheap but continuity is important,as is home grown minutes and they found Sims who is a good fit and significant upgrade

How can you say Sims is a "good fit and significant upgrade" when he has played zero minutes for this club? He might not even appear this weekend either.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,939 posts

How can you say Sims is a "good fit and significant upgrade" when he has played zero minutes for this club? He might not even appear this weekend either.

Because Im posting on Metrofanatic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,110 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

It amuses me that it describes Liverpool as well or better than it describes us.    Also, if we've only sold one or two players ever under this system (I don't count Miazga, but I guess you could), its tough to include the "who we can sell" part as a defining characteristic.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users