133 replies to this topic

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Do not want to see Taxi out there on Wed, and the weekend if there's any doubt about his health.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I say run Veron into the ground now.

Lord knows he will be riding the bench come October when the games really count.

This is the opposite of what Marsch has done the last two seasons. He's had Veron on the bench for most of the regular season, but then gave him playoff minutes.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

This is the opposite of what Marsch has done the last two seasons. He's had Veron on the bench for most of the regular season, but then gave him playoff minutes.

Veron has had himself on the bench for most of the regular season.  Any time it's clear that Marsch is going to give him a huge chance, he manages to get injured.  By the time he's ready to come back, there are guys who are performing too well to take them out.

Not only that, he's not great when he's out there.  Sometimes he'll do a couple of nice things, but then he'll blow it when it really matters. Either with the finish or with the final pass.  After all this time, he still looks to be on a different page than his teammates.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Veron has had himself on the bench for most of the regular season.  Any time it's clear that Marsch is going to give him a huge chance, he manages to get injured.  By the time he's ready to come back, there are guys who are performing too well to take them out.

Not only that, he's not great when he's out there.  Sometimes he'll do a couple of nice things, but then he'll blow it when it really matters. Either with the finish or with the final pass.  After all this time, he still looks to be on a different page than his teammates.

My post was a response to someone that said Veron would be on the bench in October. My point was that Marsch doesn't bench Veron in October, it's the only time he really gives him minutes. He used a healthy Veron as an 85'-88' sub for the last two months of the 2016 regular season and then HAD to go to him in October. Marsch did the same in 2015. Veron saw more minutes in the Columbus series than he did in any two-game stretch that regular season.

Wasn't a defense of Veron, just pointing out Marsch's history of how he gives Veron minutes.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Well guess I can just edit in Lade's name in my line up predictions up above, eh?

Taxi's out "personal reasons".

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Supports:redbulls

Will they show up,on the road.!!!???

break516beatz

break516beatz

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,052 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Man United

Well guess I can just edit in Lade's name in my line up predictions up above, eh?

Taxi's out "personal reasons".

HIs grandmother passed away. He posted a photo on FB.

F U NYCFC

Our home, our club. You will always be #2 in NY/NJ

If you want to hear my ramblings on football and hockey on Twitter, give me a follow: @jeffreykleiman

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Only way to test our guys if they play the best. Our best 11 vs KC and rotate vs Philly which is a dumpster fire. Gives the guys like BWP and Sacha who we want to rotate more consecutive rest.

I'm thinking the opposite. Throw our reserves out against KC, which has a better PPG than we do. Let them run themselves ragged. Rest several starters, and have them fresh to stomp division rival PU next Saturday. If we go up 3-0 in Chester, some get subbed out.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,967 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

HIs grandmother passed away. He posted a photo on FB.

ok, thought it was concussion based. seen a lot of twitter chatter re: concussion protocol, etc. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Midweek road game, against a good team, in a good stadium...  Coming away with a point would be a good result for the Starting XI.  And it wouldn't be surprising if Marsch's first choice squad went in and came out on the wrong end of 0-1 game like they did in Orlando.

Use this game to rest some guys and get bench guys minutes.  Make sure you get the easy three in Philly on the weekend.

Maybe even try the 4-2-2-2 with Gulbrandsen & Veron up top and Davis in for Sacha.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I'm on board with the B+ team this game, didn't we snap our winless streak in NE a few years ago with a similar approach?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres
Put the second team out against the Sporks, load up for bear against the Chester abortion. A split here should be the goal, conceded the longshot and make sure we win the game we should.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,151 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
I agree with punting on Wednesday and going for the win against Philly. It's a long season.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,584 posts

I agree with punting on Wednesday and going for the win against Philly. It's a long season.

2nd out the 2nd team and multiple key starters.  Long season.  Need to develop younger players and rest others.

Kansas City are 10-0-3 in their last 13 regular season matches at Children’s Mercy Park, 

Scored 7 in the last 4 and are 3-1 in that period.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

against KC i would do the following:

-----veron---gulbrandson

royer---------------------------muyl

-----------davis---adams

bilyeu---perinelle--long-----lade

--------------robles

Both Veron and Gulbrandson probably feel they should be starting, and both at forward.  Give them both a chance to show what they've got.  

The 4-2-2-2 has been a disaster for us each time we've used it, but that's mostly due to playing sacha out of position on the wing instead of the middle.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users