• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
----tetteh---jorgensen

Kaku----------------mines
-----ccj----yearwood

Pendant--long--parker----duncan
----------meara

The whole team has been bad this year, but royer seems to have lost a step. Bring him off the bench.

Don't want to see Barlow or stroud anywhere near the bench

Let's throw the new guys out there from the get go

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

----tetteh---jorgensen

-----ccj----yearwood

----------meara

The whole team has been bad this year, but royer seems to have lost a step. Bring him off the bench.

This

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Thats the thing though, this same exact point was true yesterday. There has been more than enough evidence. And yet its as if Armas is still the coach: we put in the guys who have failed repeatedly, when much younger players with higher upside, who actually performed as good or better in the rare times they had chances, continue to sit. We really need someone completely brand new to take over this team, and soon.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

----tetteh---jorgensen

-----ccj----yearwood

----------meara

Tetteh at LW, Kaku in the middle. No more 4-2-2-2, simplify things and evaluate.

Still think if Tetteh sticks around it will be as a winger, its where he played this past season at LASK. I think putting him up top is for lack of better options.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Tetteh at LW, Kaku in the middle. No more 4-2-2-2, simplify things and evaluate.

Still think if Tetteh sticks around it will be as a winger, its where he played this past season at LASK. I think putting him up top is for lack of better options.

Tetteh was brought here to be a forward.  End of story.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Tetteh = Daniel "The Ripper" Garipe

Brought in to boost a troubled position during the season, then doesnt play at all.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

Just like old times... We can't beat these clowns...

This is 99 in disguise. 

Shameful.Best we could do is a draw. Probably a 0-0 because we can't score for shit.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Thats the thing though, this same exact point was true yesterday. There has been more than enough evidence. And yet its as if Armas is still the coach: we put in the guys who have failed repeatedly, when much younger players with higher upside, who actually performed as good or better in the rare times they had chances, continue to sit. We really need someone completely brand new to take over this team, and soon.

Who are the young guys you have higher hopes for? Our bench looks just as bleak as the starting lineup for my money

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Who are the young guys you have higher hopes for? Our bench looks just as bleak as the starting lineup for my money

Our coach was shit.

The academy went to shit.

The squad is shit.

The young guys are shit.

This is gonna be painful for a while longer.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

hopefully Long is back.  Davis is apparently out 2-3 weeks from the game on 9/4.

Yearwood should start as he looked good and consistently looked to pass forward.  Looked energetic and actually looked a little annoyed people were not moving for a pass late in the game when down 3-0.  

Forward  - unleash the Tetteh (what else)

Play Mines on RW. 

LW who knows - Royer (who has not looked good but who has?), Omir or maybe Valot. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Mines looked decent the only time he started and got some mins, and still yet to see Jorgey start/get solid minutes. Not saying they will be great, but given others failed with a lot of opportunities already, at the very least I want to see a pair of these 19/20 year olds play more. Instead it's more of Stroud and Barlow in the last game. As if we have not vomited enough watching these two already, and at 24/25 their upside is not as high as Mines/Jorgey.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

I really don't see much upside at all from a lot of our kids. (the ones from USL anyway)  A lot of them have willingness but that's not enough to progress. 

Mines I'm concerned with his balance.  It's not always just getting stronger, but balance is something you're born with. Same in hockey and football for that matter.  He's only 20 though so I'm willing to give him some time.

Jorgy actually does have upside.  He's one of the few.  Good size, very good speed and athleticism.  Turns 20 in a little while now.  Shows flashes of skill on the ball

A lot of the others don't lend much confidence. Watching Yearwood replace CCJ was just a reminder of how athletically limited CCJ is. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I really don't see much upside at all from a lot of our kids. (the ones from USL anyway)  A lot of them have willingness but that's not enough to progress. 

Mines I'm concerned with his balance.  It's not always just getting stronger, but balance is something you're born with. Same in hockey and football for that matter.  He's only 20 though so I'm willing to give him some time.

Jorgy actually does have upside.  He's one of the few.  Good size, very good speed and athleticism.  Turns 20 in a little while now.  Shows flashes of skill on the ball

A lot of the others don't lend much confidence. Watching Yearwood replace CCJ was just a reminder of how athletically limited CCJ is. 

Besides Jorgy, Omir and Mines I don't see any of them having the potential ability to contribute to the gameday squad of a good MLS team.  But fortunately its relatively easy to turnover the bottom of the squad.  I actually think Seagrist may have had a chance to succeed starting in USL, and maybe even doing some work at centerback, but this is a lost season for him.  

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Willingness is definately enough to progress just ask Wondolowski, Jordan Morris or any other professional.  

Balance is trainable just like any other phsical/mental attribute within a range.

Thiewell is clear that is he looking for more talent to bring in but I don't think you can fill out all 23 senior spots this way. 

Mines and Jorgy are youngest and seem to hold most promise.  Omir - can be great but often disappears.  That is progress as a pro - need to progress athletically, to consistently putting in solid shifts, to solid starter,  then to higher level starter. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
We will lose this one, but we are at the point where winning games isn't the objective, just scoring goals is.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users