Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Presented without comment

From Ives - 

Side note on LAFC signing of Brian Rodriguez, #LAFCMLS_19_LAFC.png is paying #RBNYMLS_19_RBNY.png $50K due to RBNY having a discovery claim in on Rodriguez.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Ohh people are going to go 🦍 on this Ives tweet

Side note on LAFC signing of Brian Rodriguez, #LAFC is paying #RBNY $50K due to RBNY having a discovery claim in on Rodriguez.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Ohh people are going to go 🦍 on this Ives tweet

Side note on LAFC signing of Brian Rodriguez, #LAFC is paying #RBNY $50K due to RBNY having a discovery claim in on Rodriguez.

Must have been the reason for Hamletts scouting trip. I guess RBG didnt want to shell out 10+mill

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

Must have been the reason for Hamletts scouting trip. I guess RBG didnt want to shell out 10+mill

And apparently LAFC has entered into formal partnership with Peñarol on top of signing Rossi last year and now Rodriguez
Also rumors of Rossi being sold to Fiorenta for $17M

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Presented without comment

From Ives - 

Side note on LAFC signing of Brian Rodriguez, #LAFCMLS_19_LAFC.png is paying #RBNYMLS_19_RBNY.png $50K due to RBNY having a discovery claim in on Rodriguez.

"We evaluated a lot of options, and Joshs attributes, plus his Premier League experience, made him our top choice. Josh fits our style of play and our club culture."

So you hear it there from Hamlett himself. He rates Sims higher than the guy LAFC got. Lets see what happens.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Would have to classify that as a "That's So Metro" moment. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

"We evaluated a lot of options, and Joshs attributes, plus his Premier League experience, made him our top choice. Josh fits our style of play and our club culture."

So you hear it there from Hamlett himself. He rates Sims higher than the guy LAFC got. Lets see what happens.

Yup Hamlett has to think that Sims can help us more now because we clearly scouted this guy.  If he is wrong he should be canned.

Also Sims also only has 18 months left on his southampton deal when the loan ends so he may not have a long-term future there.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Classic.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

...I love this team...And I love our players...But I hate Red Bull.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

At least we got more for the discovery claim than what we got for one on David Villa...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Don't know much about Brian, but I am pretty excited about Simms. Why is everyone assuming Brian will be better? He is 18 year prospect with a lot he needs to prove, not someone Proven like Rossi who was awesome before he even got here.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Would've cut it close timeline wise, but imagine if RBNY had purchased Brian Rodriguez from Penarol's U19 team when it bombed out for Ignacio Pussetto? BR signed his Penarol contract beginning of last yr. Wouldn't have cost RBNY $11m nineteen months ago when he penned his 1st pro contract or during July 2018's transfer window. Would $5m for 80% of his rights been enough thirteen months ago? 

Also, twice now they've tried to get a stadium naming rights sponsor. Proceeds from that couldn't go to acquiring the next prospect to be sold in 18-24 months? 

Missed opportunities. 

Always. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
Fuck Red Bull.

#RedBullOut

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Don't know much about Brian, but I am pretty excited about Simms. Why is everyone assuming Brian will be better? He is 18 year prospect with a lot he needs to prove, not someone Proven like Rossi who was awesome before he even got here.

i think Josh is better than him now probably and fits the desire to help the first team this season.  That being said Brian is probably a better long-term fix since he is a permanent move for LAFC and paying transfer fees makes people happy to show intent.  I'm not sure who is better but hope Denis is right this time.  We probably could have found away to get both and pay down BWP's salary with TAM but thats none of my business.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Josh Simms has played like 30 games in 5 years.  That's a bold statement that he's better than Rodriguez.

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users