332 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

lol Koko to be fair, we could be up 3-0 in an MLS Cup final with 5 minutes to go and you'd still find a way to call it a shitshow

I dont drink the champagne until the final whistle!

I will shit on Ownership and management until the job is done. When it is done I will celebrate them and call them geniuses.

In the meantime I will drink and cheer loudly for whoever steps on that field...unless their name is Marquez.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
  • Supports:MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2, USMNT

I think I watched every CCL match involving MLS teams and i feel comfortable saying we are not at the level of those teams currently.

I do think there is currently reason to be excited, lots of new guys, solid coach. I am just worried if we go on a bad start, like we did under Marsh, heads might drop bc on paper our roster doesnt have the fire power others do. Im not saying it's impossible, I just flat out think we lack quality in lots of positions to be a top 4 seed in the east.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

I dont drink the champagne until the final whistle!

I will shit on Ownership and management until the job is done. When it is done I will celebrate them and call them geniuses.

In the meantime I will drink and cheer loudly for whoever steps on that field...unless their name is Marquez.

I also agree with this!!!

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts
10 pundits on MLS site about season predictions .

0 have us making the playoffs.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

10 pundits on MLS site about season predictions .

0 have us making the playoffs.

Paul Tenorio from the Athletic has us finishing with the 2nd most points in MLS behind the Crew

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats
Pretty good analysis of Struber-ball by Sam Stejskal in the last 10 minutes of his interview on the Total Soccer Show. Says that Barnsley under Struber was one of the worst finishing teams in the league.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Bump - Thelwell press conference last year when he said more players were incoming was in March. Maybe we do get something similar in a couple weeks. 

Sort of fun to read this thread.  

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Bump - Thelwell press conference last year when he said more players were incoming was in March. Maybe we do get something similar in a couple weeks. 

There are a lot of downsides as well, but one upside of doing business after January 31st is that there are far fewer teams competing to sign players since their transfer windows are closed. If Celtic do try to loan out Soro then most European teams can't sign him. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Nah, while I think there will be a constant flow of fresh faces, the average length of stay will be 2 years. If someone is good, they will be purchased, and then sold to Europe in 2-3 years. That's a reality I'm okay with....

We got year each from Fabio, Gutman and Diarra (generous to give Diarra a full year).      Edwards counts for 2 AND a fresh loan, Coronel is going to get you across that very low line.       Any of these getting sold on to Europe?    

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Don't have to sell players on to Europe. Now that MLS is making inroads into South America with not just buying players down there, but selling. Would be good to be able to field offers from Brazilian Serie A teams. If Fabio can have a so-so yr with us and then gets picked up by a big team down there, maybe it's possible for the other South Americans on the squad to score a move south. 

Or be sold to a team in LigaMX. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

njdevils3027

njdevils3027

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Don't have to sell players on to Europe. Now that MLS is making inroads into South America with not just buying players down there, but selling. Would be good to be able to field offers from Brazilian Serie A teams. If Fabio can have a so-so yr with us and then gets picked up by a big team down there, maybe it's possible for the other South Americans on the squad to score a move south. 

Or be sold to a team in LigaMX. 

Yup, exactly. I can see CCJ as a candidate to end up in Brazil

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Difference is March was before the season last year. Thats pretty important context.

Its ridiculous to not hear from the Hos/SD and Coach prior to the beginning of the season. Even just once.

Some teams have weekly pressers.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Difference is March was before the season last year. Thats pretty important context.

Its ridiculous to not hear from the Hos/SD and Coach prior to the beginning of the season. Even just once.

Some teams have weekly pressers.

I 100% agree.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Lets see if the social team keeps up the Pendant ruse by wishing him a Happy Birthday tomorrow.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I'm not saying the roster is perfect or even great but I'd also like to hear from everyone who was extremely confident Thelwell wasn't going to do shit this offseason except promote USLers and sign teenagers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users