177 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

i haven't seen anything about joao plata getting called up to Ecuador. They have a game tomorrow and next Tues - pretty sure he is not on their roster

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

RSL will have guys out but we could always succumb to the dreaded new coach bump. RSL might rise up and respond. We gotta be prepared to kill any momentum from the start and demoralize them. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

predicting top striker Own Goal for league goal #1000 then BWP then Gulbrandson. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

RSL will have guys out but we could always succumb to the dreaded new coach bump. RSL might rise up and respond. We gotta be prepared to kill any momentum from the start and demoralize them. 

Typically agree but in this case, they made their goalkeeper coach the interm coach.  I think the players are smart enough to know that's not their new decision maker. Hoping and thinking they won't get that usual bump.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

predicting top striker Own Goal for league goal #1000 then BWP then Gulbrandson. 

Own Goal never scored more than 2 for us in a regular season. He could have a breakout year though.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

irishstevenj

irishstevenj

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Supports:Metro

i haven't seen anything about joao plata getting called up to Ecuador. They have a game tomorrow and next Tues - pretty sure he is not on their roster

Plata's been injured for a while. Expected to come back vs. LA but didn't.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

wonder what the league record for and against by own goal in a year.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

wonder what the league record for and against by own goal in a year.

Since 2003, Orlando had 5 For in 2015.
DC had 4 Against in 2013.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

It looks like some combo of Rimando, Beckerman, Allen, Plata and Rusnak will be out. 

looks like even worse then previously thought.

• Suspended: Kyle Beckerman (red card)
  • Int’l Duty: Nick Rimando (United States); Albert Rusnak (Slovakia)
  • Injury Report: OUT: Joao Plata (hip contusion), Jordan Allen (right quad strain); QUESTIONABLE: Aaron Maund (hamstring injury), Justen Glad (knee injury), David Horst (knee injury)

Notes: Real Salt Lake are averaging 2.3 shots on target per game, the third-lowest total in the league so far in 2017.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

That freaking CB Glad is awesome so hopefully he's out too.  Remember first noticing him run faster than Veron last season and thinking even more that Veron sucked but it really just turned out that Glad is awesome.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

That freaking CB Glad is awesome so hopefully he's out too.  Remember first noticing him run faster than Veron last season and thinking even more that Veron sucked but it really just turned out that Glad is awesome.

Yeah I remember that too. If we don't come out with 3 pts, I want to see people in the SW get a chance to play,

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

#RBNY news: Connor Lade trained with the first team, Gonzalo Veron was in the gym and did not train. Kemar Lawrence was back, integrated.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Possible that Lade gets a look over Zizzo.  That said, I think Zizzo has been pretty good outside of getting torched on that one play last week.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Possible that Lade gets a look over Zizzo.  That said, I think Zizzo has been pretty good outside of getting torched on that one play last week.

Maybe lade gets a look over any of our left back options... i hate seeing zizzo start but he has been the best wing back on the team.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Maybe lade gets a look over any of our left back options... i hate seeing zizzo start but he has been the best wing back on the team.

Meh, would still take Taxi over Lade.  And I do like Lade.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users