346 replies to this topic

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Saw a tweet from the Adidas signing event (apologies, don't recall who) saying that Roxy mentioned two trialists training with us this week.   Anyone know anything more?  DP's don't do trials, I know,so... with the lower divisions in the middle of the season, it would have to be some out-of-contract foreign guys, no?

Hopefully they're someone worthy of impressing with the pretty new training grounds. 

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Saw a tweet from the Adidas signing event (apologies, don't recall who) saying that Roxy mentioned two trialists training with us this week.   Anyone know anything more?  DP's don't do trials, I know,so... with the lower divisions in the middle of the season, it would have to be some out-of-contract foreign guys, no?

Hopefully they're someone worthy of impressing with the pretty new training grounds. 

Yep, seen the same thing regarding the trialists.

Don't we have an issue with the roster and the number of players we have signed though?  Thought we were already up against the maximum.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

Bradley Wright Phillips (related to QPR's guy?) and Sebastian Stachnik, per Franco

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Okay so BWP is coming off a season for Brentford,a league one team on loan from Charleton, a championship club. He has played for Southhampton, and Man City,

My FIFA scouting of him indicates he is athletic, plays both right wing and striker.  

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

On 9 March 2008, Wright-Phillips, along with team-mate Nathan Dyer, was accused of stealing money, mobile phones and other items from bar staff at Bar Bluu in Southsea in the early hours of 28 February 2008. CCTV footage taken at the time appeared to show a theft taking place.[8]

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Bradley Weight-Phillips is Shaun's brother. Property of Charlton so you can guess that he got a recommendation from Lloyd Sam, perhaps. Stachnik currently plays in the second division in the Netherlands and has history with some solid teams in the Bundesliga. Could just be Roxburgh and Petke doing due diligence but it's also interesting that they are wingers. Clearly our biggest need and perhaps something management is targeting.

Shoot the Bull

Shoot the Bull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:RBNY
  • Supports:RBNY, Arsenal

On 9 March 2008, Wright-Phillips, along with team-mate Nathan Dyer, was accused of stealing money, mobile phones and other items from bar staff at Bar Bluu in Southsea in the early hours of 28 February 2008. CCTV footage taken at the time appeared to show a theft taking place.[8]

Hopefully, kids stuff and that he has matured.

We have a need.....a need for speed........on the wings

Proud supporter and STH of RBNY - In it through thick and thin.

Forza Metro! We love ya. Oh, and Fuck DC scum.

twitter: @mromilio

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

QPR was just relegated, maybe they can sign Bradley and then Shaun as a designated player. He is 31, seems like the right age/time. 

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

After watching them, it's pretty clear that they are very different players.

Wright-Phillips a speedy guy who is also a pretty calm finisher and Stachnik looks like a tough SOB who's good in the air.   I don't know that Stachnik could play the wing considering his speed isn't his greatest asset.  

This screams to me that whatever scouts we have were fans of these two guys.  Then we bring them in for a trial and give it a shot.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

wright-phillips.jpg

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

With a record like that maybe Luke met him in court and recommended him.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

RBAlbany

RBAlbany

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Coaching Soccer
  • Supports:Red Bulls, USA

How many open slots do we have besides the DP.  When will someone have to go to make room for these or any tiralists?

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

How many open slots do we have besides the DP.  When will someone have to go to make room for these or any tiralists?

We have 29 players on the roster right now, meaning we can add one more (DP or non-DP). So moves would have to be made to bring both in (or to bring just one and make moves later in the year). Don't think that's much of an issue, though. Could send a few guys like Rafinha, Bustamante, or Obekop on loan. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Lade going to Portland will open a slot. 

:huh:

But we all know they sill sign BWP (maybe $200/year, two-year deal) just to get on the good side of his brother, who we hope will be our next DP.   Seriously - lets hope at least one one of them works out, and this means Digao is gone and we get his roster slot + int'l slot + $200k cap room to work with.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Bradley Weight-Phillips is Shaun's brother. Property of Charlton so you can guess that he got a recommendation from Lloyd Sam,....

Why would Sam recommend the guy who would take a spot ahead of him in the lineup?

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users