152 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

His dream is to win the PL with Leeds,
so loan him to us until they are promoted!

So hell be here a decade - great!

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

ElMetrofan

ElMetrofan

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts
  • Interests:Metro. That's it.
  • Supports:USA, Colombia, Metro

So hell be here a decade - great!

Yep, just in time when hes pushing 30z

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Perhaps the best strategy for RBNY would be to have someone working in the RBS scouting room.

You would have to be the most cynical of pessimists to think we don't, and at least get their scraps.   

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

You would have to be the most cynical of pessimists to think we don't, and at least get their scraps.   

Not much of a pipeline.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Not much of a pipeline.

we have no visibility into the pipeline.   We only see the effluent that gets discharged from it.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Not much of a pipeline.

Except to Liverpool:
https://www.dailymai...four-years.html

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

Not just poor roster management, poor management of the fanbase, and of the health of the club in entirety (if the soda sellers even think of such things). Ownership that had any hope of being willing and able to "get it" would've made sure there were two quality splash signings ready to announce ASAP. See and meet the need for jolts of new excitement.

And yet, same old halfassed and halfhearted shit from our Austrian overlords. No wonder Taxi wants out. MLS needs to want out too.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

guanaco20

guanaco20

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • Supports:NY RedBulls

MLS needs to want out too.

We can only hope!!!

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Not just poor roster management, poor management of the fanbase, and of the health of the club in entirety (if the soda sellers even think of such things). Ownership that had any hope of being willing and able to "get it" would've made sure there were two quality splash signings ready to announce ASAP. See and meet the need for jolts of new excitement.

And yet, same old halfassed and halfhearted shit from our Austrian overlords. No wonder Taxi wants out. MLS needs to want out too.

Could the league step in down the road and try to pressure Red Bull to sell on the basis of integrity?

It hasn't gotten to this point yet, but if Red Bull is only interested in fielding a non-competitive USL team as RBNY (for development's sake), it would give other clubs essentially free wins. It wouldn't be fair then with the scheduling to allow eastern teams to get more points off of RBNY's scrubs as opposed to Western teams.

I can't think of any other scenario in the U.S. where a team in a top league is operating as a farm team for an unaffiliated club. It's not even this bad between Man City and NYCFC.

For the spirit of competition it's going to become a problem fast.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Join the Nintendo Fan Club today! Mac.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Could the league step in down the road and try to pressure Red Bull to sell on the basis of integrity?

It hasn't gotten to this point yet, but if Red Bull is only interested in fielding a non-competitive USL team as RBNY (for development's sake), it would give other clubs essentially free wins. It wouldn't be fair then with the scheduling to allow eastern teams to get more points off of RBNY's scrubs as opposed to Western teams.

I can't think of any other scenario in the U.S. where a team in a top league is operating as a farm team for an unaffiliated club. It's not even this bad between Man City and NYCFC.

There have been many idiotic things written on this board over the years, but this might be #1.

Red Bull is a piece of shit owner, but this is just moronic.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

There have been many idiotic things written on this board over the years, but this might be #1.

Red Bull is a piece of shit owner, but this is just moronic.

What about my post is wrong?

Beowulf

Beowulf

Join the Nintendo Fan Club today! Mac.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 592 posts

What about my post is wrong?

If that's something that needs to be explained, it's a lost cause already.

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

This is non-sensical. For all the complaining about Red Bulls spending (and thats what it is), youre talking about a team that has made the playoffs the last 10 years straight and been the best regular season team three times in the past seven years. We havent won MLS Cup. I get it...but this is just a very silly comment. Giving free wins? Non-competitive? SMH

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,323 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

That "usl team" was named team of the decade by MLS

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

If that's something that needs to be explained, it's a lost cause already.

So you basically have nothing then. You say it's idiotic then can't even explain yourself.

Everything I said in my post was speculative, nothing was wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users