McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Sims?

I wonder if things would have turned out differently if Armas had started Sims in the first two games of the season. I know Valot played well then, but if we had seen Sims from the start would there have been enough time to evaluate him.

I know his late arrival probably played a factor in him not starting and Im not sure if thats on Hamlet or Sims.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I wonder if things would have turned out differently if Armas had started Sims in the first two games of the season. I know Valot played well then, but if we had seen Sims from the start would there have been enough time to evaluate him.

I know his late arrival probably played a factor in him not starting and Im not sure if thats on Hamlet or Sims.

I get what Thelwell is trying to do here: get solid inexpensive MLS quality Euro guys and create some competition, which is fine, but I just feel like we need DP level transfer here in addition to that. Sims is obviously not coming back, but someone of that caliber or higher is really needed.  The season does not have to be lost, and this window now is the time to make some bold moves, not just find little used value players in Europe that are just OK.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

5 guys competing for 2 striker spots: Royer Tetteh While Barlow Jorgen$en

Hamlett somehow got someone to pay a transfer fee for Abang.

Tell him that the only way he's getting out of whatever closet Thelwell has him locked in is if he can get someone to pay for Jorgen$en.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

I get what Thelwell is trying to do here: get solid inexpensive MLS quality Euro guys and create some competition, which is fine, but I just feel like we need DP level transfer here in addition to that. Sims is obviously not coming back, but someone of that caliber or higher is really needed.  The season does not have to be lost, and this window now is the time to make some bold moves, not just find little used value players in Europe that are just OK.

We have no idea what he's trying to do. The Yearwood signing was apparently six months in the making and we found out three weeks prior.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Hamlett somehow got someone to pay a transfer fee for Abang.

Tell him that the only way he's getting out of whatever closet Thelwell has him locked in is if he can get someone to pay for Jorgen$en.

Holy shit I forgot about that. If that was all you knew about Hamlett you would think he's the craftiest GM on the god damn planet. I thought we were at the point where we'd have to pay another team a few hundred thousand bucks to get rid of Abang.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I'd be fine if the hypothetical 3rd guy can play wing and up top. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Holy shit I forgot about that. If that was all you knew about Hamlett you would think he's the craftiest GM on the god damn planet. I thought we were at the point where we'd have to pay another team a few hundred thousand bucks to get rid of Abang.

Between getting someone to pay for Abang and actually making the Kaku deal happen, he used up an entire career's worth of GM magic.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

Dru is a dp

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Dru is a dp

Didn't realize Thelwell used DP slot on him. I hope he knows what he is doing. We still have one more DP slot left.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Dru is a dp

Young DP, no?   Different from a plain old DP.   That's ~$400K less of a hit to the cap.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

I'd be fine if the 3rd guy they bring in is also a Young DP. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Didn't realize Thelwell used DP slot on him. I hope he knows what he is doing. We still have one more DP slot left.

When have we ever been concerned about making room for another DP?

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts

Are either Yearwood or Tetteh difference makers? Too early to tell, of course, but are they even sure-fire starters?

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
If Tetteh isn't a surefire starter, given the alteratives, there is somerhing very wrong.

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts

really hope Yearwood and Tetteh are here this week and can make debut against Philly on Tuesday 8/25.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users