• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 Peter Nowak

Peter Nowak

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Fire, Ante Razon, Polish people named Nowak who play for the fire. Henry Blancos older brother, Wayne Rooneys (sometimes porr finishing) younger twin. Zach Thorton, not those idiots in Dallas, or those hobos in New York or those Chokers in New England
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, \

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:18 PM

The stadium DJ currently plays N*Sync. <_<

Nsync should be restricted to when the other team gets a red card. How awesome would it be if Shirley Joseph sees red, and the stadium and section breaks out in some "Bye Bye Bye"?

#32 -cman-

-cman-

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, Liverpool, Celtic

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

im gonna keep on loving you

cause its the only thing i wanna do

i dont wanna eat

i dont wanna sleep

i just wanna keep on loving you

...oh and not just because Gary Richrath used to smoke pot in my neighbors driveway

Three things. One, the Hardchorus thing is the most genius use of viral video advertising I think I've ever seen.

Two. When slowed down so that newbies can catch on and sung with passion almost any song can have power and menace, even if it is a love ballad. I.e. the Italian version of the Hardchorus ad. The words say, "I Love You," the attitude says, "I'm going to rip your throat out."

Three. See number two. Even the cheesiest song can work if it is done as above. For instance, I think a little REO would be awesome. It would resonate with people of a certain ages and have that arch, hipster, irony thing going for it. And shit, EVERYONE knows the words. Win-win.

#33 Jason

Jason

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:23 PM

Three things. One, the Hardchorus thing is the most genius use of viral video advertising I think I've ever seen.

Two. When slowed down so that newbies can catch on and sung with passion almost any song can have power and menace, even if it is a love ballad. I.e. the Italian version of the Hardchorus ad. The words say, "I Love You," the attitude says, "I'm going to rip your throat out."

Three. See number two. Even the cheesiest song can work if it is done as above. For instance, I think a little REO would be awesome. It would resonate with people of a certain ages and have that arch, hipster, irony thing going for it. And shit, EVERYONE knows the words. Win-win.

Heard you have a boyfriend, you rock it every weekend...

#34 AcmeComics

AcmeComics

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • Interests:Tiki mugs, exotic meats and cheeses, comic books, lego, lounge music, robots, vampires, kung fu movies, kaiju non-sense, 50's sci-fi art....you know the usual stuff.
  • Supports:Fire, Bayern, DFB, Arsenal

Posted 14 February 2010 - 04:56 PM

ding ding

just old enough to be retro again....again...also has an Illinois connection and a "fire" one too
you can't give the cow away and expect the last person to buy it back for you

#35 -cman-

-cman-

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Supports:Chicago Fire, Liverpool, Celtic

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:17 PM

Oh, and Four: Anything sounds badass when shouted by drunken East Enders. Bonus points for singing with a Cockney accent.

#36 giaco

giaco

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire, Tottenham Hotspur F.C., Guiness, and a lot of other things.

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

Oh, and Four: Anything sounds badass when shouted by drunken East Enders. Bonus points for singing with a Cockney accent.

Actually, they are from North London. The Hardchorus was shot in the Bell and the Hare (a Tottenham bar).

#37 jl_murtaugh

jl_murtaugh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:04 PM

im gonna keep on loving you
cause its the only thing i wanna do
i dont wanna eat
i dont wanna sleep
i just wanna keep on loving you

...oh and not just because Gary Richrath used to smoke pot in my neighbors driveway

And I meant
Every word I said
When I said that I love you, I meant that I love you forever

I'm gonna keep on lovin' you
Cause it's the only thing I wanna do
I don't wanna sleep
I just wanna keep on lovin' you

(repeat ad nauseam)

It's pretty damn terrible, but so much so that it just might work. And we can pretty much count on the fact no one else anywhere will even attempt it.

#38 jogadubwise

jogadubwise

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Liverpool

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:08 PM

I'm down for this.
QUOTE (chicubfan @ May 29 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I interned in the FO for a little while and trust me they are so dumb had they payed off the refs they probably would have presented them one of those huge checks during halftime on the field.

QUOTE (joey @ Oct 8 2009, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
halloween specific stadium.

#39 Jason

Jason

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

In.

#40 Section 8 El Guapo

Section 8 El Guapo

Player/Manager

• S8 Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire...Beer....Women....Beer....Section 8....Beer....Women.....New England Sucks......Beer....Duck Fallas....Beer.....
  • Supports:Your mom at Polkatz

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:19 PM

this will only work when you....

SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!!!!

Im in.
WB05

UNA VIDA...UNA MUERTE...UN CLUB

#41 AcmeComics

AcmeComics

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • Interests:Tiki mugs, exotic meats and cheeses, comic books, lego, lounge music, robots, vampires, kung fu movies, kaiju non-sense, 50's sci-fi art....you know the usual stuff.
  • Supports:Fire, Bayern, DFB, Arsenal

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:42 AM

this will only work when you....

SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!!!!

Im in.

Frank I hope you've been working on Klingon Attack.

The English don't have a lock on using shitty pop songs....plus who would ever EVER dare say you didn't have a heart full of love if in public.... showed you knew the lyrics (or in my case NOT know) to a REO Speedwagon song.
you can't give the cow away and expect the last person to buy it back for you

#42 giaco

giaco

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Fire, Tottenham Hotspur F.C., Guiness, and a lot of other things.

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:34 AM

IN.

#43 jl_murtaugh

jl_murtaugh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:39 AM

You all best hope I don't get to NYC because if so I'll be singing this all weekend.

#44 Steve the Arsonist

Steve the Arsonist

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,635 posts
  • Supports:Fire, Shef. Utd., Hbrg City Islndrs

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:48 PM

My loathing for REO is surpassed only by Journey.

But if sung by somewhere between 2,000 and 20,500 people, and accompanied by ample amounts of beer, this could just work.

Anything come to mind that would work offa "Me and Julio down by the school yard", for Martinez?

#45 jl_murtaugh

jl_murtaugh

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:11 PM

It's definitely stupid. But it's local, relevant, and easy. And we can take heart that no matter how dumb singing REO might be, it'll never approach the ridiculousness of singing a Broadway showtune.

I've been humming it to myself already ever since it's been suggested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users