Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Wow, we are likely to lose Taxi...

http://www.jamaicaob...21?profile=1511

“I still have one year left on my contract, but it is something I am looking to have some discussions about. But most of it I am leaving up to (agent) Damani Ralph. I will be waiting for a while to see what Damani says because the aim right now is really to go to Europe and it seems like there is something possible. So hopefully with the help of God that can work out,” he explained.

“Europe has always been the dream; not only to move to Europe but to a top division, top-flight team in Europe would be amazing. I just want to go there and show them that there are a lot of Jamaican players that have more than quality — they have the right attitude, they are determined players. I feel like, for me, going there I can open up the doors, I can open up eyes for other people to really look and say, Let's take a chance on another Jamaican because Kemar Lawrence came and he did well,” he opined.

The guy wants to go...  That's from his own words.  Sell him before we lose him for nothing.  And sign a left back. I didn't really know Europe was that big of a desire for Taxi and was hopeful we could just give him a raise.  After reading his interview I don't think there is any amount of money that is keeping him.

ediddy

ediddy

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Maybe Damani can help steer him to the Russian league.

I used to have a couple of funny things here but I can no longer find them.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

I didn't really know Europe was that big of a desire for Taxi ...

It's a big desire for every MLS player who has it as an option

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,583 posts
Best to find him a good home.
Not sure he would stay even if we paid him and likely couldnt pay him comparable.
Add LB to our shopping list. Promote from NYRB2 or sign Gloster if possiblethough he was trialing in Europe.
Any other Jaimacans or Panamanians?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
This has been clear for a long time. Hes gone no matter what, so Id pull the trigger if anybody offers more than ~2.5 mill.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

It's a big desire for every MLS player who has it as an option

Well, not each guy.  Jordan Morris an obvious.  Could easily go over there but prefers to be around family.  Don't blame him one bit for that.

Hell, Tyler was asked the exact same question and said he'd like to stay.  That probably won't happen because his upside is so far beyond this league, and everyone will be telling him to leave but that's still what he said.  Taxi just made it very clear and direct that it's his dream and he views himself as basically a beacon for Jamaican soccer.

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
They should allow him to go.

He did his time. He is st his prime. Losing him will hurt but he is replaceable.

He was also injury prone with a lot of little injuries last season which is not a good sign.

KDyer1012

KDyer1012

Well, he's no Michael Lewis...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Supports:One of those bogus Euro or S.A. teams

This has been clear for a long time. Hes gone no matter what, so Id pull the trigger if anybody offers more than ~2.5 mill.

I'm willing to bet the actual transfer fee, should there be one, is closer to $500,000 than $2,500,000.

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

I'm willing to bet the actual transfer fee, should there be one, is closer to $500,000 than $2,500,000.

I dont remember the exact number, but what about the earlier multi million offer? Seemed too low for Tyler, too high for Taxi. But most on these boards settled on Taxi right?

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Transfer fee would be low-ish, cuz he has 1 yr left on the contract. it's prob why he won't go over to europe for a higher price. no team would break bank for Taxi and his 1 yr remaining on his contract. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
No one is giving us $5M for Taxi... That offer was clearly for Adams.

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
Give him the captain's armband and a raise. From the article shared he seems cool with that too.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Give him the captain's armband and a raise. From the article shared he seems cool with that too.

Maybe that would work. This article, along with some of his comments from earlier, suggest Lawrence is focused on Jamaican players in general getting more respect and not just on himself. He might feel he can better serve that goal in Europe, even if he could get a similar salary from Red Bull.

Isnt it tough for him to get a visa to play in Europe because of Jamaicas low FIFA ranking? He may not have a choice, but to stay here with a raise.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Maybe that would work. This article, along with some of his comments from earlier, suggest Lawrence is focused on Jamaican players in general getting more respect and not just on himself. He might feel he can better serve that goal in Europe, even if he could get a similar salary from Red Bull.

Isnt it tough for him to get a visa to play in Europe because of Jamaicas low FIFA ranking? He may not have a choice, but to stay here with a raise.

It looks like that's why he's going to France.  He doesn't run into the Visa issue.

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

Why isn't there a two-way street between us and RB in Germany and Austria?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users