Jensen
Duncan-Long-Parker-Pendant
Egbo-Yearwood
Valot-Kaku-Royer
Tetteh

Meara, Tarek, Nealis, CCJ, Stroud, Mines, Fernandez, White, Barlow

Not in 20: McIntosh, Davis, Seagrist, Rza, Tolkin, Lema, Jorgensen

Bold move benching our 2 forwards who have scored 😉

But yeah Unleash the Tetteh - if he is somewhat in shape this should be an interesting attacking lineup

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

we may(???) be without Kaku next game. Paraguay has a qualifier 10/8 and i'm not sure how early teams need to release players.  Without Kaku there, we don't have many options at the 10.  I think we revert to the 4-2-2-2 formation to mask the need for a true 10

-------white---tetteh

----royer--------valot

-----CCJ----yearwood

duncan--long--parker---egbo

-------------jensen

white and barlow together is a disaster.  jorgy can come off the bench if needed.  egbo has shown enough to be the first choice starter, and duncan has shown enough as a makeshift left back to slide over. 

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

You could play Omir as the 10 or even Valot.

For the international qualifies - they may or may not be gone.  Apparently some clubs don't want to let them go because of what is happening with season and need to post travel quarentine which would make this like 3 weeks out of action if I am understanding correctly. 

Also, some players do not want to travel at this time and are telling the clubs to tell federations no so the player does not need to turn down call up - it is on the club.

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

I'd like to see Duncan and Egbo both out there again without losing the best defenders long island has to offer.  Something along the lines of:

----------Barlow/White----------

Royer---------Kaku-------Stroud

Duncan----Yearwood-----Egbo

-----Parker----Long----Nealis--

No more 3 CB, 5 defender line-ups please. Barlow as a lone forward did OK just now, would like to stick with that and no White.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

This, but Barlow for tetteh.

Jensen
Duncan-Long-Parker-Pendant
Egbo-Yearwood
Valot-Kaku-Royer
Tetteh

Meara, Tarek, Nealis, CCJ, Stroud, Mines, Fernandez, White, Barlow

Not in 20: McIntosh, Davis, Seagrist, Rza, Tolkin, Lema, Jorgensen

EDIT: after being reminded that tetteh is a loan to buy at DP/TAM level, I take it back. Tetteh should start. Sucks for Barlow, but have to see if Tetteh can be the starter next year. 

Antonius Block

Antonius Block

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, Sligo Rovers

If you are rewarding players for playing well, Barlow has to start.  

"To believe is to suffer. It is like loving someone in the dark who never answers." - Antonius Block on Metro fandom

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

If you are rewarding players for playing well, Barlow has to start.  

White scored vs. Miami and was promptly benched, full week between matches this time however, so you might be right.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

White scored vs. Miami and was promptly benched, full week between matches this time however, so you might be right.

Even though he scored, he still sucked. Barlow actually put all around decent game together and was dangerous in that entire first half. Not like White who was invisible all match, but was there to finish when Stroud stole the ball in their box. Hence I do expect Barlow to start after all around good performance like this.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
Man people really singing Barlows praises like hes the second coming of BWP. I really didnt think he played that differently than usual. He got an amazing perfectly placed pass from Egbo on his first goal and incredible pass for his second goal. Its not like he beat guys 1 on 1. Royers goal this match was much better than both of Barlows. Im happy for the guy finally getting to net two after a miserable season, but Im not crowning him anything right now. Start Tetteh

Bklynfootballer

Bklynfootballer

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA

He got an amazing perfectly placed pass from Egbo on his first goal and incredible pass for his second goal. Its not like he beat guys 1 on 1.

I think you need to give credit where credit's due. That first goal he had to chest down while fighting off a defender and dealing with the on-rushing keeper, that was a legit good goal. Second one, yes, that was a tap in, but that doesn't diminish the work he did on the first. That said, I would also like to see Tetteh start sooner than later, but wonder if fitness still an issue and how much longer that will be the case.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

I think you need to give credit where credit's due. That first goal he had to chest down while fighting off a defender and dealing with the on-rushing keeper, that was a legit good goal. Second one, yes, that was a tap in, but that doesn't diminish the work he did on the first. That said, I would also like to see Tetteh start sooner than later, but wonder if fitness still an issue and how much longer that will be the case.

Watch it again. Did he beat the keeper? Yes, that was nice. But he got that ball untouched by a defender who was way out of position. Again, good for him scoring those. But he did not blow me away. Any average MLS striker should score those. Hes hit the bar of average now only once this year.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Watch it again. Did he beat the keeper? Yes, that was nice. But he got that ball untouched by a defender who was way out of position. Again, good for him scoring those. But he did not blow me away. Any average MLS striker should score those. Hes hit the bar of average now only once this year.

Dude - 1:30 for that goal:  https://www.youtube....J4k&app=desktop it was nice. He was aware, onside, controlled, and placed his shot. Beyond average MLS striker level. That being said, Tetteh should start - have to see what he can do. Need a "DP" type striker and Barlow is not that.  

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Dude - 1:30 for that goal:  https://www.youtube....J4k&app=desktop it was nice. He was aware, onside, controlled, and placed his shot. Beyond average MLS striker level. That being said, Tetteh should start - have to see what he can do. Need a "DP" type striker and Barlow is not that.  

I want to see a bit more danger of him coming off the bench though before starting. Even Jorgey before he started did some nice things in 20 minute slots, like passing by a player in the box and crossing a couple of times. All I remember from Tetteh so far a shot that went way over the bar. I know there are only few mins left in the season, but want to see him do something good as a sub first while rewarding Barlow's good performance last game.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

First goal was a great first touch with a chest, he directed the ball well, and was able to beat the keeper. It was a really good one. Second one I agree everyone should finish, but that's two goals in one game, which is not that common. Plus he was dangerous all first half. Not a second coming of BWP, but effort like this deserves another chance, that's all. And I shitted on him as much as anyone before, but fair is fair.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
After such little scoring this season (5 in 10 games),
we should be grateful for anyone who does it.
8 goals in 2 games is something to enjoy!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users