Did you watch the return of German soccer?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Did you watch the return of german soccer? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Did you watch the return of german soccer

1. yes but waiting for team that i like such as rb team coached by jesse marsch (2 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

2. yes to any of the games (28 votes [77.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

3. no because of lack of excitement due to lack of fans (1 votes [2.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

4. no just waiting for return of mls & usmnt (5 votes [13.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

blank25

blank25

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Supports:red bulls

With lack of live soccer this was a good thing. The game that i watched was Bayern .  It held my interest. I'm waiting to see Tyler Adams return next wekend.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

No.. I wanted to, but I don't know what day of the week it is anymore

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

With lack of live soccer this was a good thing. The game that i watched was Bayern .  It held my interest. I'm waiting to see Tyler Adams return next wekend.

um Tyler player about 55 minutes this past weekend as wing back.

RBL dominates but does not finish and score a deflection goal.  And have a header disallowed by a hair distance offside  in stoppage time. 

Man this game can be so frustrating sometimes. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Tyler played 69 minutes this past weekend

FTFY

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

I think I watched 4 games this weekend (only part of the Leipzig game).  Best game was actually Koln-Mainz.  Koln up 2-0 at home, then gives up 2 goals for the tie.

Maybe it was just in my head because of the lack of crowd noise, but the games seemed to lack a little intensity and physicality.  They were a lot like pre-season games.  The last goal in Koln-Mainz was the Mainz central defender taking the ball 50 yards from goal and basically dribbling in a straight line 40 yards into the box, and then pushing it past the keeper.  4-5 Koln players sort of tried to stop him, but no one put in a real tackle.  

Alphonso Davies is good.  Maybe one or two bad touches, but he is a handful on the wing.  I guess it helps having world class players around him, which he doesn't have with Canada. Plus, with Bayern there are a lot of games where he doesn't really have to defend much.  But he's going to be a problem for the USA for the next 10 years at  least.

I'll probably watch Werder Bremen today.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

had it on the channel, but will admit, didn't really watch. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

I watched the RBL game from start to finish.  The other time slots on Sat/Sun I had all the games all on, but maybe only saw 1/3rd of each. Love having a real league back.

As a reminder, Werder Bremen vs Bayer Leverkusen is on today at 2:30 ET.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

I'm a little surprised Fox didn't put in more effort.  Wasn't really expecting them to put a game on big Fox (even though they were running infomercials for blenders on Sat at 9:30), but why not a pre or post show on FS1?  Not looking for anything fancy, but they've got Kate Abdo, Stu Holden, Alexi Lalas, Warren Barton, etc....why not throw together a Zoom thing and have them shoot the shit & talk about the games?  It's a tight race for the title & European spots, not to mention all the American players to follow. They have a studio show for Bundesliga in normal times, not like a pregame show would be something they've never done before.  I was expecting a little more excitement for the return of live sports...you wouldn't have known these games existed if you relied on Fox to tell you. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

I'm a little surprised Fox didn't put in more effort.  Wasn't really expecting them to put a game on big Fox (even though they were running infomercials for blenders on Sat at 9:30), but why not a pre or post show on FS1?  Not looking for anything fancy, but they've got Kate Abdo, Stu Holden, Alexi Lalas, Warren Barton, etc....why not throw together a Zoom thing and have them shoot the shit & talk about the games?  It's a tight race for the title & European spots, not to mention all the American players to follow. They have a studio show for Bundesliga in normal times, not like a pregame show would be something they've never done before.  I was expecting a little more excitement for the return of live sports...you wouldn't have known these games existed if you relied on Fox to tell you. 

Ian Joy was their usual studio host for the Bundesliga, and they basically let him go last week: https://mobile.twitt...853450533392389

Fox is losing the rights to ESPN, so they can't be bothered to give a shit.

Like today, for example. Instead of showing Werder on Fox (Dr. Oz, 25 Words or Less, Dish Nation, Extra) or FS1 (Cowherd, Whitlock), they're shuttling that match off to FS2, even though way fewer people have access to that channel.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Even though they're losing the rights, they have them now, and they're the only game in town.  Would've thought people at Fox would want to at least try to exploit that.  I can't imagine it would be cost prohibitive to get three of their soccer analysts on a video chat to do a pre or post. 

But like you said, it appears they've just checked out.

RBAlbany

RBAlbany

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Interests:Coaching Soccer
  • Supports:Red Bulls, USA

Had to watch it.  Live meaningful soccer.  Still waiting for new MLS.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

had it on the channel, but will admit, didn't really watch. 

Any particular reason why?

UpstateFan

UpstateFan

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls

Nah. I'm not really into Bundesliga, and watching TV games without fans feels like watching pre-season games to me. I know it's good soccer, i'm just not invested in that league.

If it was on, and i was watching TV at the moment, i'd tune in. But i'm not going out of my way to turn it on. 

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

"yes but waiting for team that i like such as rb team coached by jesse marsch"

Not sure why this is a poll option. Is Germany about to invade Austria again? :huh:

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

"I want to give you lots of titles for your happiness. Lots of hugs.” - Fabio

ElTriMetro

ElTriMetro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Club America.

In my collection I have a few German club kits. 

St Pauli and Stuttgart is in the 2nd division

1860 is in the 3rd.

But 1st division I have Bayern, Monchengladbach, Dortmund and Bremen. So I'll get some use out of them.

Happy to have live sport back.

"Red Bull on the pitch - Metro in our hearts."

#RedBullOut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users