510 replies to this topic

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Well, we now have a 75% chance of being in the CCL. In with anyone but Portland winning the MLS Cup (sorry Gio but I am rooting for Vermes and SKC now)

Enough nonsense talk, Red Bull win the MLS Cup and make these scenarios irrelevant.

And probably greater than 75% given that Portland is clearly the weakest team left. 

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Portland is clearly the weakest team left. 

They were a pretty weak team when they won MLS Cup in 2015 by upsetting 3 higher seeds.
https://en.m.wikiped...ki/MLS_Cup_2015

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Cream rose to the top in this round.
3 of 4 higher seeds won. Only Seattle fell, on PKs.
I would expect SKC to defeat Portland.
How far can Gio push his lads?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Who would you guys rather take from the west? I'd love to avoid KC, we did win the one regular season game against them but I remember it being one of the most difficult ones at Red Bull Arena all year. They're good at a lot of the same press-breaking stuff that Columbus does.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Who would you guys rather take from the west? I'd love to avoid KC, we did win the one regular season game against them but I remember it being one of the most difficult ones at Red Bull Arena all year. They're good at a lot of the same press-breaking stuff that Columbus does.

Portland by a mile. KC is the team I feared most in this entire playoffs.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

i don't fear Portland or SKC. it'd be a sight for both SKC and us cuz both teams press the most in MLS, iirc. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre
KC is tough but that's MLS cup. I want payback for the open cup last year.

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
For CCL purposes, I'd rather SKC get through to ensure we are in the CCL regardless of outcome.

Either way, it will be nice to beat one of our original players in either Peter Vermes or Gio Savarese. Will likely be the only person on the field level that was with the club in 1996.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls
I have no rooting interest in that game since we have home field for the final if we knock out Atlanta.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador
If Portland loses their semifinal, we automatically get a CCL berth next year regardless of what happens in our game

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
Lost in the midst of us all being disgusted by our our performance KC-Portland leg 1 ended 0-0 so KC will have to win the game outright if Portland can score an away goal there.

regulator

regulator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

Lost in the midst of us all being disgusted by our our performance KC-Portland leg 1 ended 0-0 so KC will have to win the game outright if Portland can score an away goal there.

Could be a lovely night Thursday of being knocked out of the playoffs and champions league berth all in the same night.

Even if Portland wins Thurs, we still get the CCL berth if they lose in the final.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,475 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
As much as I would like to make the CCL, I'd be rooting for Gio Savarese to beat Atlanta if we cant get through.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Even if Portland wins Thurs, we still get the CCL berth if they lose in the final.

Ah yes true, well that's good at least

SatansHockey

SatansHockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

As much as I would like to make the CCL, I'd be rooting for Gio Savarese to beat Atlanta if we cant get through.

Meh, I find Portland's Blanco and Valeri easy to hate with their whining and antics, plus any other year the shield would have gotten us a berth so we really do deserve a spot.

KC has been pretty much lights out at home so I don't think we'll have to worry about Portland anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users