• Supports:Metro

If 442 diamond next year:

----=---------DP-----U22DP----------

---------------------Clark----------------

-----------Kaku -----------Egbo------

-----------------Yearwood---------------

---Tolkin--Tarek--Parker--Duncan--

--------------------Meara-----------------

I am assuming that Long is sold - dont know why, but it feels like they will do him a favor and send him to somewhere in Europe - be it Championship or low Premier or France or something - but maybe they would rather strong CB pairing. Think RZA is out due to salary, but they might keep him (and Royer) to help with the Austrian connections for Struber and that ass coach. I feel like Kaku has one more year to up his value then he's off. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham

Im a huge fan of hypotheticals, and I spend way too much time thinking about this team

ST1-ST2 

Kaku/Clark

CM—Valot/Clark/CM

Yearwood

Pendant-Parker-Long-Duncan/Egbo

Meara

Parker has redeemed himself since the Armas firing, I assume he will be here unless they are going to continue to go the budget route and need his $$ off the books. Both Parker and Long make $750,000 +. They could free up $$ by letting Rzatkowski, Davis, and Royer go, all somewhat older players whose role could be diminished under Struber. Royer because of his natural position, Rza and Davis to get younger in CM (If one stays it should be Davis, RBNY have a team option in his contract for 2021)

If Kaku is gone, I could see Clark stepping in to the 10 spot to make good use of his 1? full season as a RBNY player. Valot is a huge asset to this team and could handle the right CM spot unless they Struber/Thelwell want another option in which case Valot becomes valuable depth.

Struber has an reported affinity for left footed midfielders, so I cant imagine the other midfield spot going to a non left footed player, especially if Kaku is gone, the rest of the midfield is right footed.

The toughest position to figure it out is going to be central midfield, I think. Kaku here or gone? Clark as a starter? at the 10 or an 8? Yearwood a 6 or an 8? Valot as a starter or depth? Do they bring in a young #10 to prepare for both the departure of Kaku and then Clark in 2022.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Yeah, agreed on Valot. He would be very serviceable as a depth piece due to his versatility. I think in the past he had lined up at both wing positions, the CAM behind the 9, and at CM.

Possible we sell Kaku at a loss. Royer Rza maybe Davis. Also, I think Lewis gets a 1st team contract as well, they'd also get another keeper, one that doesn't take up an int'l slot. Nothing personal with Jensen, I just don't wanna waste the slot on a keeper. 

If it's a diamond mid next season, I'm guessing it's Yearwood parked in front of the backline. There'd be competition cuz it'd be 5 players for the 3 other midfield positions, Mines Clark Omir Stroud Valot. Also, maybe Lacava eans a 1st team contract. 

No idea what's happening up top. At this point, I'm not sold on Tetteh, and he's allegedly pricey. Is it worth keeping all 3 of the other strikers? Who do they let go of come season's end?

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

iced1776

iced1776

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,335 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

You guys are sleeping on CCJ in this thread imo, under a good coach I think he's got a high ceiling.

Where did Clark play for RB2? 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII

Where did Clark play for RB2? 

Central Midfield / Kaku role
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, football, hockey, basketball, baseball
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Clark will be sold soon. good as gone like all the other young guys we develop.  

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ
New ST 1 New ST 2
Kaku Clark
Yearwood CCJ
Pendant - Parker - Long - Duncan
Meara

Jensen
Egbo
Valot
Davis
Stroud / Fernandez / Mines
Tarek / Nealis
White / Barlow / New ST 3

What the hell do I know.

Id be happy to bring Royer back in some capacity, too. Since bringing in two starting quality strikers might be a pipe dream, maybe he fills one of those spots.

Maybe Clark drops a little deeper and CCJ or Yearwood moves up and that 4222 becomes more of the diamond 442 the new coach seems to like.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

a couple high level things to consider:

- we have a lot of component CMs now, but to play a skinny diamond ideally you have a left footed CM since they are forced to drift wide at times.  ironically Rza would be perfect for the role but i would like to move on from him and get a better younger version of him (maybe U22 rule)

- 95% sure Parker and Long have deals expiring End of 2021 so i would be surprised if we didn't sell one or both of them.  especially since Long would have offers abroad as a free transfer.  I like Nealis but the lack of positional pipeline means we may being using an international slot on a CB (or trade for one in MLS)

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Clark will be sold soon. good as gone like all the other young guys we develop.  

Hard to say RB developed Clark.  He had trials at Wolfsburg & Leipzig before he even signed with RB2.

acesfull86

acesfull86

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, NYK, NYM, NYR, NYJ

a couple high level things to consider:

- we have a lot of component CMs now, but to play a skinny diamond ideally you have a left footed CM since they are forced to drift wide at times.  ironically Rza would be perfect for the role but i would like to move on from him and get a better younger version of him (maybe U22 rule)

- 95% sure Parker and Long have deals expiring End of 2021 so i would be surprised if we didn't sell one or both of them.  especially since Long would have offers abroad as a free transfer.  I like Nealis but the lack of positional pipeline means we may being using an international slot on a CB (or trade for one in MLS)

I'd look to keep Parker around long term.  His form under Armas had me wavering, but I'm a believer again.  He's someone who should age well, still has prime years ahead of him, no int'l spot, somewhat local, probably not destined for Europe, probably won't play himself into being a consistent USMNT player so no worries about losing him for all the int'l breaks.  He's the kind of player you can just pencil in and not worry about.

I'd like to keep Long too, obviously, but if he still has eyes for Europe, there is only so much we'll be able to do.

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Outside of a great striker and someone to help allow Kaku to play more in the attacking half - which I think Yearwood can do by allowing CCJ to push up more, I think the team is pretty solid in a 4-1-4-1.

GK:Meara (Jensen or another experienced keeper due to injury prone issues/McIntosh or Luca Lewis)
RB: Duncan (Egbo)
CB: Long (Nealis)
CB: Parker (Tarek)
LB: Pendant (Tolkin/Seagrist)
DM: Yearwood (Davis)
RW: Clark (Fernandez/Mines)
CM: CCJ (Valot)
LW: Royer (Stroud)
AM: Kaku (Lema?)
FWD: New Striker (Barlow or White)

Gone: Rza, Tetteh, Barlow or White, and Jorgensen
Possibly Lema, McIntosh, and Jensen
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Elseth7

Elseth7

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT

There are a few big holes that need filling and there will be more once Kaku and Long are most likely sold.  Davis is captain so he'll be gone too.  Royer and RZA are getting up there in age and this is Red Bull so they'll be gone too.  I pray Tetteh and Jorgensen also see the door.  Wouldn't be surprised to wee White leave for greener pastures.  Maybe join Muyl in Nashville.

-------------ST1----------ST2-----------

LM---------------Clark--------Stroud/Egbo

-----------------Yearwood---------------

LB------Parker--------CB--------Duncan

-----------------Meara-----------------

Stroud/Egbo

Omir

Barlow

Pendant

Mines

Tarek

Jensen

"I'm sure we won't hear much from [Philly] because of the quality of our fans, of how loud and how boisterous they are," Petke said. "They're probably going to drown them out. But I welcome it. I love it..."

MTF

MTF

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

I'd look to keep Parker around long term.  His form under Armas had me wavering, but I'm a believer again.  He's someone who should age well, still has prime years ahead of him, no int'l spot, somewhat local, probably not destined for Europe, probably won't play himself into being a consistent USMNT player so no worries about losing him for all the int'l breaks.  He's the kind of player you can just pencil in and not worry about.

I'd like to keep Long too, obviously, but if he still has eyes for Europe, there is only so much we'll be able to do.

I think Longs European window may have closed. Not sure the interest from last year is still around. Hes taken some knocks, not played great, plus all the COVID craziness...I dont see him leaving for Europe.

The Falcon

The Falcon

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

Have feeling Gruber is going to bring in at least three players from Europe. Like Hans did when he was here with Sam, Solli, Tainio, Lindpere. I could see that happening again. And I think it's a good thing.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I think Longs European window may have closed. Not sure the interest from last year is still around. Hes taken some knocks, not played great, plus all the COVID craziness...I dont see him leaving for Europe.

I disagree - he is a starter for the USMNT. I'm not saying Liverpool is scouting him, but he definitely would have offers. Maybe not the 15mil or whatever RB wanted a couple years ago, but maybe 2-3mil? to a lower EPL team - I believe he can leave for free after next year too (not sure on that). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users