578 replies to this topic

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

T ... value of $605,000, contract expires in June.
T ... value of $1.1 million, contract expires in June.

Why pay transfer fees for players who would be available on a free transfer in June?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Why pay transfer fees for players who would be available on a free transfer in June?

especially when the transfer fee counts against the salary cap number.  now the the transfer window ends June 1, you can probably let guys finish the season and grab them just before the primary window ends for nothing.

Only reason to pay is if you think competition for player will go up if you let contract expire

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

You wouldn't, I was just including the data point.

Also, contract expiration dates for players in Azerbaijan might not be entirely accurate.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
The bargaining stage of the offseason. Please sign 1 DP that costs some actual money

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

For Red Bull its more of a question of why spend money at all?

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Kaku was signed in the winter 2018 window. If this one ends without a big splash DP signing it will be the sixth window in a row in which this team hasn't signed anyone big to bolster the attack.

Summer 2018
Winter 2019
Summer 2019
Winter 2020
Summer 2020
Winter 2021

I don't expect them to break the bank every year, but enough is enough with the bullshit about having 'targets in mind' and 'finding the right fit'.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Emelec's Joao Rojas is heading to our neighbors at Yankee Stadium. I've always liked a lot of Emelec's kit designs over the years. 

https://www.transfer.../spieler/370203

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

contract expiration dates for players in Azerbaijan might not be entirely accurate.

Contract does not expire in Azerbaijan!
Azerbaijan expire you!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,450 posts
  • Supports:Metro/NYRBII
Kaku with another goal yesterday. Taxi scored one today with Murillo (and Miazga, but not included for the point I want to make) also starting. Adams had a phenomenal game yesterday as well.

4 players that left recently that in the past 24 hrs had solid matches and we haven't seen anything close brought in to replace them.
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts

If you really want to feel bad, between those 4 players, we received a grand total of ~5.1 million.

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

thoward18

thoward18

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,490 posts

Kaku with another goal yesterday. Taxi scored one today with Murillo (and Miazga, but not included for the point I want to make) also starting. Adams had a phenomenal game yesterday as well.

4 players that left recently that in the past 24 hrs had solid matches and we haven't seen anything close brought in to replace them.

Not to deter from the point, which is extremely true and sad, but there are basically no numbers Kaku could put up in Saudi Arabia that would register for me. Pretty sure Barlow would be an elite striker in that league. 

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

If you really want to feel bad, between those 4 players, we received a grand total of ~5.1 million.

[nvm]

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,781 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

especially when the transfer fee counts against the salary cap number.  now the the transfer window ends June 1, you can probably let guys finish the season and grab them just before the primary window ends for nothing.

Only reason to pay is if you think competition for player will go up if you let contract expire

Or if you want them to have a pre season with the team and not just throw away the first half of the season.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Captain Koolaid

Captain Koolaid

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Supports:Metro, USMNT, Ecuador

Or if you want them to have a pre season with the team and not just throw away the first half of the season.

As long as we make the playoffs. And then when we get bounced off after having two leads or after getting out shot we can just say "we were close but if the ball bounced one way we would have won"

LONG LIVE METRO

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

for the type of player everyone is waiting for my statement doesnt apply.  Real DPs already have a set budget charge so the transfer fee or not doesnt matter as long as you can afford it.  Even for U22 guys their is no rule incentive to wait.

But lets say we are paying Harper $150k per year and Celtic want a $500k fee, i'd rather him just come in June. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users