67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts
  • Supports:Metro

I dont think carrying 3 senior GK plus Luca Lewis can be rationalized

You'd guess Jensen is out, but maybe Meara too? Its like the Layla scene from goodfellas.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Would be an upgrade over Jensen. 

However we should just give the starting spot to Meara and keep the international slots open for other positions. Meara is starting quality in this league. And we can pick up a domestic backup from a variety of places. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

we should just give the starting spot to Meara.

Is it possible that CC is being moved here to help RBS clear space, and not to benefit RBNY?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
I think its more likely that Struber and Thelwell dont rate the guy thats been sitting on a bench most of his career

Efried

Efried

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Would be an upgrade over Jensen. 

However we should just give the starting spot to Meara and keep the international slots open for other positions. Meara is starting quality in this league. And we can pick up a domestic backup from a variety of places. 

meara is not that good. Cant kick a ball passed to him without shanking it and turns his shoulders into goal when removing across his net

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts
Looks like our new starting GK is nearly inbound.

https://twitter.com/...8230942721?s=21

On the go: goalkeeper Carlos #Coronel is according to the club in transfer talks.#inundaut#SkyBuliAT

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

Looks like our new starting GK is nearly inbound.

https://twitter.com/...8230942721?s=21

On the go: goalkeeper Carlos #Coronel is according to the club in transfer talks.#inundaut#SkyBuliAT

"transfer talks" doesn't have to mean us...

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

"transfer talks" doesn't have to mean us...

https://twitter.com/...2664794114?s=21

Red Bull Salzburg goalkeeper Carlos Coronel (24) is about to make a loan move to New York Red Bulls. There are only more final details to clarify. [@aleksandonov15 ]#RBSalzburg#inundaut

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Meara or Jensen on way out? Would imagine Jensen due to International slot.

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,232 posts

I wonder if any team in MLS history has ever used two international slots on goalkeepers.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Meara or Jensen on way out? Would imagine Jensen due to International slot.

Thats the move to make, yeah. Struber is familiar with Coronel from his Liefering days, so have to figure he has a major leg up in the GK competition, if it even is one.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

I wonder if any team in MLS history has ever used two international slots on goalkeepers.

Would be awful. No need with Lewis on a first team contract.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

i think realistically we will carry all our goalies into the summer and then look to offload the weakest link of the internationals (if the rumor is even real).  At the moment we arent too pressed for international slots, though i'd never use two on goalies.

If any of the "significant signings" we want to make are coming in the summer, we dont need the int. spot free until then.

67% Class

67% Class

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

i think realistically we will carry all our goalies into the summer and then look to offload the weakest link of the internationals (if the rumor is even real).  At the moment we arent too pressed for international slots, though i'd never use two on goalies.

If any of the "significant signings" we want to make are coming in the summer, we dont need the int. spot free until then.

If you are correct, you think Meara is worth anything in a trade within MLS? 

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Theyd only have 1 left if they dont offload Jensen or loan down Carmona. These seem like obvious moves for them to make.

GK isnt a position that you would want or need to rotate on a regular basis, and Id imagine the motivation for the signing + leaving both GK unprotected in the expansion draft was looking for an obvious upgrade.

Most Salzburg fans prefer Coronel to their current #1 Stankovic, but hes being offloaded because they just spent a couple million on a young German GK who should be on the fast track to the starting spot in Austria.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users