juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

28vife.jpg

i know it's like finding a magical unicorn - the right fit who works in our system\culture\locker room and satisfies a need - and we can argue a lot about what that need is, etc etc etc.

that's all valid. 

i still want one. i still miss having a leader like Henry. 

Stefan Schuette

Stefan Schuette

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Supports:New York

We do need another goal scorer. What happens when BWP gets injured? We play with Carlos Rivas?

Other than that, maybe a CB? Subotic? Wasn't he linked with us at one point? I'll take him, 29, has an American passport.

odsum25

odsum25

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

A winger would be great

I mentioned Karim Bellarabi in another thread. He's been in and out of the lineup (but mosty out) for Leverkusen since the winter break. 28 years old, fast as hell, and dangerous on the dribble. Leverkusen pressed under Roger Schmidt, so he's at least familiar with the general style of play. I haven't really seen them this year. Mostly a right winger, but he can play on the left as well. He's had a rough last couple of years after an injury at the beginning of the 2016-17 season. He only put up big numbers in 2014-15, when he scored 12 goals and earned some caps for Germany.

He'd probably still cost a lot, but I'd think that it would be in the range of what was supposedly offered for Pussetto.

The downside is that he's kind of selfish, but that might not actually be a bad thing with the way that this team likes to pass instead of shoot.

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls
Either a forward or a midfield player who could win the battles for loose balls.

With the Parker trade I think the club is actually set on defense for now.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

A winger would be great

I mentioned Karim Bellarabi in another thread. He's been in and out of the lineup (but mosty out) for Leverkusen since the winter break. 28 years old, fast as hell, and dangerous on the dribble. Leverkusen pressed under Roger Schmidt, so he's at least familiar with the general style of play. I haven't really seen them this year. Mostly a right winger, but he can play on the left as well. He's had a rough last couple of years after an injury at the beginning of the 2016-17 season. He only put up big numbers in 2014-15, when he scored 12 goals and earned some caps for Germany.

He'd probably still cost a lot, but I'd think that it would be in the range of what was supposedly offered for Pussetto.

The downside is that he's kind of selfish, but that might not actually be a bad thing with the way that this team likes to pass instead of shoot.

Would be a great fit here... if he stayed healthy.  He fits the Allesandrini mold, of a player that MLS teams can convince to come over in their primes - just on the outside of the national team for a top 10 country, borderline the first choice for mid-to-high table club in a decent European league.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.
See, even DC is ranked as being more ambitious than us now...

https://www.si.com/s...n-rankings-2018

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Meh. These types of analyses never take into account the academy or the USL team. I wouldnt put our ambition over ATL, since they are making BIG signings like Barco AND pumping money into youth development. But, anyone that thinks DC is more ambitious than Red Bull is just wrong. SI proving once again they understand soccer about as well as I understand quantum physics.

arisrules

arisrules

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

This is nonsense from Wahl. 

I really thought Pusseto would have been ideal for this team, but he seems to be going to Portugal. Lets see. I think another winger/forward with pace would be ideal. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,363 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Meh. These types of analyses never take into account the academy or the USL team. I wouldnt put our ambition over ATL, since they are making BIG signings like Barco AND pumping money into youth development. But, anyone that thinks DC is more ambitious than Red Bull is just wrong. SI proving once again they understand soccer about as well as I understand quantum physics.

Yeah, the NYRB paragraph kind of contradicted itself throughout but at least the "NYRB rarely seems to be ambitious and competent at the same time" line was quite funny. The commentary on playoff failures was also harsh but fair.

DC finally getting a stadium and looking to spend on DPs is a huge improvement on recent years so deserves some credit.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

"Ambitious" with abusive stepfather Ben Olsen as your head coach? Yea, okay. 

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY

We do need another goal scorer. What happens when BWP gets injured? We play with Carlos Rivas?

Other than that, maybe a CB? Subotic? Wasn't he linked with us at one point? I'll take him, 29, has an American passport.

We politely ask for Jean-Kevin Augustin on loan from RB Leipzig. 

"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,302 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

DC ... more ambitious than us ...

Not on the field.
More interesting to me, is BoyCity opening a training facility west of the Hudson.
Orangeburg? More well known for its nuthouse:
https://en.m.wikiped...chiatric_Center
20 miles from Yankee Stadium, if you take the shortcut through New Jersey! Further than from RBA to Whippany.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,706 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
A third DP that can score and assist is a must.. Flex that money Red Bull..

I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,960 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

*crosses fingers for Joel Campbell/Pussetto* 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

rhactl7

rhactl7

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull Out

There is absolutely no reason for this team to not have a third DP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users