162 replies to this topic

Rybka

Rybka

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts
  • Supports:Metro, River Styx, USA

My first thought as well, both guys seem to be really happy about being here.

No relegation to worry about.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

Any chance we see him or Tetteh on the bench tonight?

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

both will be available to be selected for this week's matches, apparently. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MetroFanatic

MetroFanatic

Choose Metro.

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,262 posts
  • Supports:Metro

The famed Brian Nielsen started a game a day after he flew in. Don't know why we can't just throw Tetteh out there if we need a goal.

MetroFanatic.com. Metro Forever.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

The famed Brian Nielsen started a game a day after he flew in. Don't know why we can't just throw Tetteh out there if we need a goal.

Hopefully these guys work out better than Nielsen did!

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Maybe not directly related to this match, but Im curious what role is envisioned for Yearwood when Struber gets here.

He was billed as a box to box guy but has been asked to play as the deeper of the two central midfielders because the team still doesnt have a true #6. I think hes shown to be capable playing deeper, but wonder if he has more value playing in a slightly more advanced position.

From his clips in England and some of the bits weve seen here hes more than capable of driving forward with the ball, linking with attackers, and is dangerous around the box.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Maybe not directly related to this match, but Im curious what role is envisioned for Yearwood when Struber gets here.

He was billed as a box to box guy but has been asked to play as the deeper of the two central midfielders because the team still doesnt have a true #6. I think hes shown to be capable playing deeper, but wonder if he has more value playing in a slightly more advanced position.

From his clips in England and some of the bits weve seen here hes more than capable of driving forward with the ball, linking with attackers, and is dangerous around the box.

Should be interesting. That disallowed goal he had was impressive. We havent gotten to see him around the box often but that was promising

elf

elf

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

he reminds me of Adams. he has a special skill in breaking up plays and distributes the ball nicely to his teammates. hopefully casseres can learn a few things from him. 

uptownbull

uptownbull

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Supports:METRO! Barca, PR libre

He looks to play the ball forward like Adams. Can't wait to see him get some minutes with Kaku next month (*grumbles*).

RED. BULL. OUT. 

#SaveTheMetro

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Have to say myself that I'm a big fan.  High end athleticism and defensive abilities.  Also good ability to read the game too.  I absolutely love that when the opposing team gains possession in their half, Yearwood can squash things and regain possession immediately when we got so little of that with CCJ and Davis.

Efried

Efried

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
This game vs Toronto was his best really bosses the midfield and was crucial in us pinning them back for long portions of the game. Love his ability to ping a ball to switch fields

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

Have to say myself that I'm a big fan.  High end athleticism and defensive abilities.  Also good ability to read the game too.  I absolutely love that when the opposing team gains possession in their half, Yearwood can squash things and regain possession immediately when we got so little of that with CCJ and Davis.

Flashbacks of Tyler running around that midfield the way he can just eat up space and cleanly knock someone off the ball

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
Like this kid very very much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users