Metro4LIFE

Metro4LIFE

Electron Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,421 posts
  • Interests:Metro, Graffiti, Art, Hookers
  • Supports:Metro

I think the unrest is more like thugs in riot gear unrest than anything civil but sure people on the streets is considered civil unrest in so called civilized nations.

Stay home, watch tv and let democracy thrive!

Thats crazy. On one video people are just standing there with their hands up and the police just start wailing on them. Its not like there were throwing rocks or anything they were just standing there. 

Soy Del Metrooooo, Del Metro soy yoooooooo!

FootballClubMaps.com :: High Quality Football Posters from around the globe. Get yours today!

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

thugs in riot gear unrest

Videos evoke memories of Francos fascist Spain era.
I understand that the central government of Spain opposes the referendum and the entire concept of Catalan independence, but this oppression cannot be a proper reaction to it.
Edit: OTOH, many local police did not agree with the actions of the national police:
http://www.bbc.com/n...europe-41530277

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
Announced attendance numbers now being inflated by re-issues under the Never A Wasted Ticket program. Anyone think that these tickets are not being double-counted?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

RandomHero

RandomHero

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Roma & ManU

Wonder if they are doing what the Jets did a few months ago and just having a dude scanning the tickets and throwing them out during the game. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

NFL in LA?
https://www.sbnation...s-nfl-6-tickets

https://nesn.com/201...t-embarrassing/

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
Beat the rush!
https://oss.ticketma...details/18USLFS
Anyone go to these games?
How many are actually there?
RBII reports lowest attendance in USL.

juberish

juberish

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,576 posts
  • Supports:RED BULLZ F.C.

Really bummed to see NYCFC ads on every car on the L train during my morning commute. 

If Dr Zizmore could afford all those ads for all those years, you'd figure Red Bull could splurge eventually. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

NYCFC ads on every car on the L train

Playing to their hipster base, or are these ads on other lines as well?

Red Bull could splurge eventually. 

RBs limited media budget appears limited to STHs wearing team gear on non-game days.
At $400 to $500 per car, on a 10-car subway train, these ads are relatively expensive.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Playing to their hipster base, or are these ads on other lines as well?

RBs limited media budget appears limited to STs wearing team gear on non-game days.
At $400 to $500 per car, on a 10-car subway train, these ads are relatively expensive.

I've never seen their ads on the N, W, 4, 5, or 6, which are all the lines I frequent. You'd think the 4 would be a good spot for them. In fact, I've seen more GSU stickers on the N/W than I've seen NYCFC ads. I see the occasional NYCFC ad on bus stops sprinkled around Midtown East. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Really bummed to see NYCFC ads on every car on the L train during my morning commute. 

If Dr Zizmore could afford all those ads for all those years, you'd figure Red Bull could splurge eventually. 

I've lived in Brooklyn, having moved there from Jersey (currently in Queens). If I were looking to start going to soccer games now or during my Brooklyn days, there's no way I'd be going to NJ if there were a team in the Bronx unless I was already a RB fan or at least had a previous RB Arena experience.

Of course Yankee stadium is shit for soccer, but it's fine if you have nothing to compare it to. The blue team doesn't have too much going for it except David Villa, but not being in NJ is definitely an advantage when trying to attract NYC dwellers.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

I've lived in Brooklyn, having moved there from Jersey (currently in Queens). If I were looking to start going to soccer games now or during my Brooklyn days, there's no way I'd be going to NJ if there were a team in the Bronx unless I was already a RB fan or at least had a previous RB Arena experience.

Of course Yankee stadium is shit for soccer, but it's fine if you have nothing to compare it to. The blue team doesn't have too much going for it except David Villa, but not being in NJ is definitely an advantage when trying to attract NYC dwellers.

For Queens, I definitely agree with you. Catching the 4 at Grand Central, 51st Street, or 59th Street, depending on which line you're taking into Manhattan, is exponentially more appealing than trekking to Jersey. Where in Brooklyn did you live? Depending on where, a trip to the Bronx would be equally as daunting as a trip to Harrison, in my eyes. 

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

For Queens, I definitely agree with you. Catching the 4 at Grand Central, 51st Street, or 59th Street, depending on which line you're taking into Manhattan, is exponentially more appealing than trekking to Jersey. Where in Brooklyn did you live? Depending on where, a trip to the Bronx would be equally as daunting as a trip to Harrison, in my eyes. 

I was in Prospect Heights, so it was a short walk and a 4 ride uptown. I did that twice for derbies at NYCFC, and it was a breeze.

In theory, the commute times would not be terribly different (any of the subways to Fulton, Path to Harrison), but when you factor in weekend schedules for subways and PATH, it can be quite the hassle. A number of people I've invited to free games with me have flatly turned down weekend games (some refusals were a function of euro snobbery, but not all). Weekday games from FiDi are a much easier sell, but also relatively rare.

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

I'd just like to point out that the Devils actually have a sizeable fan base in Brooklyn.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts

I'd just like to point out that the Devils actually have a sizeable fan base in Brooklyn.

Would you happen to know what the story behind it is?

sabremike

sabremike

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Supports:Metros, Man Utd, Buffalo Sabres

Would you happen to know what the story behind it is?

Them being very good for many years until recently would be my guess. Also they were among the first teams to have a sizeable number of Russian players.
Let's Go Buffalo!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users