15 replies to this topic

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

You have about 1/4 of the inflation story with what you've written here. You're missing adverse weather ...the pandemic ...

LOL. Bad weather? There was no inflation for decade, but now bad weather is an excuse. Pandemic is of course an excuse for everything, even though our inflation rate is at 40 year high, and higher than Germany, UK, Canada, Mexico, the list goes on and on. I guess they don't have pandemic.

When you print money the way they have been printing, whether it is for oil or just to give money out in huge amounts under the excuse of pandemic, and people don't even want to work, you are going to have 40 year high inflection. But yeah, it sure was some bad weather, just in US, the worst in 40 years, how unlucky.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

You could look it up:
https://en.m.wikiped...ied_natural_gas

Thanks. I will absolutely read more on it. Whenever I have the 'what the hell is that' reaction I know it's a severe blind spot.

Although TBH I don't see it as a long term solution to the root problem at hand. Short term absolutely.

Only so much down time in the day to continuously be studying history, technology, and economics, but knowledge is power.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

LOL. Bad weather? There was no inflation for decade, but now bad weather is an excuse. Pandemic is of course an excuse for everything, even though our inflation rate is at 40 year high, and higher than Germany, UK, Canada, Mexico, the list goes on and on. I guess they don't have pandemic.

When you print money the way they have been printing, whether it is for oil or just to give money out in huge amounts under the excuse of pandemic, and people don't even want to work, you are going to have 40 year high inflection. But yeah, it sure was some bad weather, just in US, the worst in 40 years, how unlucky.

I think his point was that it's complicated and involved. Which I agree with. However, I also agree that the incredible increase we've seen in the money supply is the primary culprit. Which again begs the discussion on the return to the gold standard or the adoption of something like a BTC standard. Many empires in history have deflated their own money supply. Even the most 'responsible' governments at some point can't help but creating money from nothing. That's where we are now. So how do we move forward? There are multiple paths. I think it's important to look at them all and game plan. Because if you don't game plan there's a good chance you lose the game.

Borats

Borats

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts
  • Supports:NY/NJ Metrostars

Our own refusal to tap new sources is only one reason we are where we are right now. OPEC refuses to increase supply for our demand and we have idiotically been printing money like crazy that has lead to insane inflation. Money backed by absolutely nothing mind you.

As for the concerns about jobs we cannot continue to hang on to this narrative. Some fossil fuel production will remain. We don't just use it for automobiles. But in the long term most of those jobs are going away. Should we have fought harder to keep bank tellers employed and refused to build ATM's? Solar tech has caught up and is surpassing fossil fuels...

Listen, in the long term Sun will eventually burn out as well. It's a matter of perspective. These jobs could exist for decades, though yeah, eventually I hope they will be replaced. You need to live these decades though. Where we disagree is that I do not see solar time as the main energy source as close. I just see no evidence otherwise. It could take another 50 years when solar is a primary power, if ever. In the meantime energy self reliance and yes the jobs it produces are quite important.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Listen, in the long term Sun will eventually burn out as well. It's a matter of perspective. These jobs could exist for decades, though yeah, eventually I hope they will be replaced. You need to live these decades though. Where we disagree is that I do not see solar time as the main energy source as close. I just see no evidence otherwise. It could take another 50 years when solar is a primary power, if ever. In the meantime energy self reliance and yes the jobs it produces are quite important.

I don't believe it will be primary either. I believe it will be SMR's.

But it is an additional solution to the problem at hand. It needs to be seriously considered and not just thrown to the curb.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
[quote name="Borats" post="1402170" timestamp="1645886038"]

When you print money the way they have been printing, whether it is for oil or just to give money out in huge amounts under the excuse of pandemic, and people don't even want to work, you are going to have 40 year high inflection. But yeah, it sure was some bad weather, just in US, the worst in 40 years, how unlucky.[/quote][/quote]I have sat on the desks of Asia's biggest trade house, Brazil's biggest trade house and now the second largest by volume coffee trader in the world.

I'm a meteorologist by trade. There's a reason people hire me. The weather impacts everything from energy demand to the size of the yearly food staple crops we have. It drives price.

Now shut your fucking mouth and maybe you'll learn something.

#RedBullOut

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

By the end of this summer Solar and Wind generation will make up 46% of power generation in Texas. By 2023, Wind and solar will make up over 50% of energy gen.

You're embarrassing yourself.

#RedBullOut

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
By the way, the last time corn and bean prices were this high was 2012. You know what caused it? A fucking drought. You know what happened in Argentina and Brazil this year? A fucking drought.

#RedBullOut

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

shut your fucking mouth and maybe you'll learn something.

Easy now. We cant all be as brilliant as you.
Perhaps you could post some links.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

know what happened in Argentina and Brazil this year?
A fucking drought.

Wow. I figured that, with most people staying home,
there would have been more fucking.
https://www.bbc.com/...d-our-sex-lives
See how links help?

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Wow. I figured that, with most people staying home,
there would have been more fucking.
https://www.bbc.com/...d-our-sex-lives

I thought the same. My wife said no.

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Easy now. We cant all be as brilliant as you.

Yeah generally have never responded well to extremely dismissive and arrogant posts.

But brilliant is far from how I'd describe a metro fan with a penchant for pyro

#RedBullOut

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

I thought the same. My wife said no.

I know. I felt like Oliver Twist!
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=eZPa60cr-rc

NittanyMetros

NittanyMetros

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts
Nm

#RedBullOut

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,312 posts

generally have never responded well to extremely dismissive and arrogant posts.

Perhaps solar is better:
https://nypost.com/2...rainian-driver/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users