156 replies to this topic

regulator

regulator

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,440 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars, USMNT, Ecuador

keep in mind that even though it's an 8pm kickoff tmw,  the projected temperature at 8pm tonight is still 90 degrees.  figure gametime kickoff tmw will be between 85-90...tired legs + heat = 2nd to every 50-50 ball.  I'd rather over rotate this game than under rotate. 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

keep in mind that even though it's an 8pm kickoff tmw,  the projected temperature at 8pm tonight is still 90 degrees.  figure gametime kickoff tmw will be between 85-90...tired legs + heat = 2nd to every 50-50 ball.  I'd rather over rotate this game than under rotate. 

Totally. The Supporters Shield is nice, but not if it costs us the playoffs. Lade has energy, let him spell Lawrence. Escobar for Long or Parker. Ivan is fresh, Davis can play, Muyl has legs, White for BWP till the 60th or 70th minute. Murillo is ok, let Kaku play

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Good point. Screw it. Play the USL team.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

damn, it's gonna be THAT hot. 89 degrees! at 7pm! 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

damn, it's gonna be THAT hot. 89 degrees! at 7pm! 

To make matters worse were playing HOUSTON. 89 is probably chilly to them. Sweater weather. This has loss written all over it. I will be damn impressed if we can grab a win and avoid injuries here.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

it's why the team should've taken care of business in Vancouver. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

ianuaditis

ianuaditis

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Supports:Metro, Everton

or against 9 players at boy city.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Or rested starters in Vancouver.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

Or rested starters in Vancouver.

yup i was indifferent whether Armas sided on playing the starters there, but once you do that you have to come home with three points.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

yup i was indifferent whether Armas sided on playing the starters there, but once you do that you have to come home with three points.

Would there be any question we get all 3 points at home versus Houston with our starters? If we lose or tie tonight, Armas left points on the table by playing everyone in Vancouver.

If we dont win tonight, and we miss out on the Supporters Shield or the playoff bye by a point or two, we can look at this stretch.

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

Just disagree with that..  Under that scenario, we have no players for Montreal and the Vancouver game.   Guys were on full rest vs Vancouver.  You go another 4 days and they are 11 days from their last game and it gets questionable with sharpness.  

With this scenario, the only game that sees serious turnover is tonight's game.  Then we have guys on full rest vs Montreal.

I'm fine with what we did as far as rotation.

And for what it's worth, I think we will be missing out on the Supporter's Shield by a lot more than 2 points.  Atlanta is just that good and we haven't looked great in general.  We're surviving on our back line, but we aren't scoring much and eventually that's going to screw us over.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Would there be any question we get all 3 points at home versus Houston with our starters?.

Yes, theres always a question of picking up points you think are guaranteed.

Think of the away Chivas match years ago. Blah blah blah worst team in the league blah blah blah were gonna steam roll these punks blah blah blah...Nothing is ever guaranteed.

Of course there have been many other Red Bull failures over the years in games that looked like 3 easy points. Hey the Chicago home game this season comes to mind!

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

And for what it's worth, I think we will be missing out on the Supporter's Shield by a lot more than 2 points.

Doesnt the majority of the fan base want MLS Cup? I dont see how winning the shield gives us any sort of advantage there. As long as we finish ahead of everyone in the West then we would host the final.

I guess everyone is so sure (as they should be) that were going to crap our pants in the playoffs that they at least want a consolation prize? Hardware plus a champions league spot?

I can understand that. Not my mentality, but I get it.

sec201

sec201

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • Supports:Red Bull, USMNT

I think older players need more rest than younger players.  So, I get bringing BWP off the bench.  Davis is fully rested, and I don't think Adams ever needs rest, TBH.  But I think making wholesale changes is a mistake.  The big thing is making two early subs.  In this heat, it's a must.  I think they track the players with GPS in match, so they can tell who is running out of gas.  Never a fan of using the third sub until late in the game, as you are rolling the dice as far as injuries are concerned.

Just need to make it through the weekend and then we will have a chance to rest.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Doesnt the majority of the fan base want MLS Cup? I dont see how winning the shield gives us any sort of advantage there. As long as we finish ahead of everyone in the West then we would host the final.

I guess everyone is so sure (as they should be) that were going to crap our pants in the playoffs that they at least want a consolation prize? Hardware plus a champions league spot?

I can understand that. Not my mentality, but I get it.

The Shield guarantees the play-in round bye and, if you get there, you get to host the Cup match. Finishing second and with more points with anyone in the West, also guarantees those two things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users