Indyanapolis

Indyanapolis

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Great escape

If you scan YouTube looking for Bradley Wright-Phillips, youll find numerous goal compilations, a few interviews and, eventually, an excerpt from the grime mixtape series Lord of the Mics.

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Sasa Curcic's Watch

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts
  • Supports:Metro

Brendan Aaronson is going to leeds. Wonder if Tyler would be a good fit for them.

I know money rules everything but it is a shame to see NT players go from Champions league clubs to at best mid table EPL clubs. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
Congrats to Jesse & Leeds.
https://www.bbc.com/...otball/61538170

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,794 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

Why do they use goal differential as the first tie breaker over actual wins?

Because it's a better assessment of how you did against a whole league over the course of a season.

You can argue for head-to-head first, but wins as a tiebreaker is a uniquely dumb MLS thing.

Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts
  • Supports:Old Boys, SBU, RBNY, USMNT

When Bielsa was fired, Leeds were in 16th place, 2 points above the relegation zone (but on a really bad run - 1 point in 6 games).  They finished the season under Marsch in 17th place, 3 points above the relegation zone.

Under Bielsa, they had 23 points in 26 games (.9 ppg); under Marsch, they had 15 points in 12 games (1.25 ppg).

Even though Leeds just barely survived and didn't really improve in the standings under Marsch, that was probably more a function of Burnley's much improved form over the last month of the season.  Leeds were  better under Marsch than under Bielsa this year.

Now, we'll see what Marsch can do with a full summer to prepare and train the team. We'll see what kind of roster turnover there is.   Aaronson is going there; I'm really curious to see how he looks on the bigger stage.  Leeds may also be losing players; Raphinha and Phillips in particular.  I guess Aaronson is supposed to be Raphinha's replacement.  Adams would slot in nicely for Phillips.

magicmoron

magicmoron

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts
  • Supports:RBNY/Metro, US Nats

Chris Armas is available!

I heard that Jesse wants to bring him in as an assistant at Leeds.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Makes sense after the [s]success[\s] he had at Man Utd

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts

Makes sense after the [s]success[\s] he had at Man Utd

It would be hilarious if he worms his way into the EPL (assistant) coaching carousel.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Jesse needs to be careful. Moves like buying/playing Aaronson (even if Leeds were already interested during Bielsa's tenure) and hiring Armas are perfectly fine if they hit the ground running & Leeds do well, but can hasten Jesse's demise if the team hits a rough stretch, especially early next season.

magicmoron

magicmoron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,315 posts

Jesse needs to be careful. Moves like buying/playing Aaronson (even if Leeds were already interested during Bielsa's tenure) and hiring Armas are perfectly fine if they hit the ground running & Leeds do well, but can hasten Jesse's demise if the team hits a rough stretch, especially early next season.

I agree. Thats why I dont like all these [insert American here] to Leeds rumors.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

Agree, but hell be out if Leeds struggle early, regardless of transfers or his staff. Biesla is practical a God to the Leeds fans and ownership let him go. Jesse needs to be solidly mid-table to have any chance of staying on - his roster and coaching staff wont matter if hes in the bottom quarter of the table.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,369 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Agree, but hell be out if Leeds struggle early, regardless of transfers or his staff. Biesla is practical a God to the Leeds fans and ownership let him go. Jesse needs to be solidly mid-table to have any chance of staying on - his roster and coaching staff wont matter if hes in the bottom quarter of the table.

No doubt, but I can easily imagine a scenario where Aaronson playing poorly and Armas being ridiculed by the UK tabloids shorten Jesse's leeway/Leeds career by a few games/weeks in comparison to a standard mediocre start without complicating American factors. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts

No doubt, but I can easily imagine a scenario where Aaronson playing poorly and Armas being ridiculed by the UK tabloids shorten Jesse's leeway/Leeds career by a few games/weeks in comparison to a standard mediocre start without complicating American factors. 

word

elf

elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars

He also needs to make moves for people he can trust because staying status quo will mean relegation next year.

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

He also needs to make moves for people he can trust because staying status quo will mean relegation next year.

with all the injuries they had in the middle of season if they can stay healthy they should be better.  Unless they sell someone important (Phillips/Raphinha)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users