• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  • Interests:The Beautiful Game & Ugly Tales
  • Supports:GALAXY!

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

India is getting whopped on by Bahrain.
It's been a one man show by Ismail Abdullahatif

How's Qatar doing hosting the Asian Cup?

Tiny crowds not a worry to Qatar?
"That's life." -Bruce Arena

"There's no easy games in The MLS." -Robbie Keane

See You Later, My Friend!

#62 BassplayersFC

BassplayersFC

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts
  • Supports:B&GFC

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

#63 9ronaldo9

9ronaldo9

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts
  • Supports:Garaxy

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

wow. and i thought this ibra goal was nice.

I wish my grass was emo...then it would cut itself.

#64 Catamount

Catamount

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

That is easily the best long range strike I've ever seen on tape or in person. That sucker was a freaking rope. Cruise missile is an understatement. Wow!!!!!
:cheers:

#65 flava

flava

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

That is easily the best long range strike I've ever seen on tape or in person. That sucker was a freaking rope. Cruise missile is an understatement. Wow!!!!!

#66 BassplayersFC

BassplayersFC

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,514 posts
  • Supports:B&GFC

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

#67 Ed The Zombie

Ed The Zombie

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts
  • Supports:G's, Club America, WFC, USA

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Nicaragua VS Belize on GolTV
Fuimos. Bebimos. Chingamos.

#68 jamesey

jamesey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,991 posts
  • Supports:LA/USA

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

I'm watching Altidore start for Villarreal against Sevilla in Copa Del Rey today. He's not on the same page as the rest of his team. He's the Chad Barrett of Villarreal

...ooooh ooooooooh we are the riot squad...

#69 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

Take the Buddle goal + the R Carlos goal add about 10 yards and double the pace and you have that strike. That thing was hit on the wrong side of the halfway line. It didn't rise more than twice the height of the crossbar. Unbelievable!!!!

#70 LuvKeane

LuvKeane

Player/Manager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,303 posts
  • Interests:ROY KEANE AND FOOTBALL!!! Musical theatre (Non-Sondheim!)
  • Supports:Broadway & Prawn Sandwich Brigade

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

More Cosmos news...

Posted Image

CANTONA BACK IN FOOTBALL

LOOK who's back in the game - Man U legend Eric Cantona.

The Frenchman makes a shock return to football today as Director of Soccer at New York Cosmos.

He said: "I am very honoured to join the legendary New York Cosmos. It's a big project, a wonderful project.

"The Cosmos are very strong, beautifully made, with a great past. It's kind of a mix between football and art."

Cantona vows to restore the glory days of the five-times champions and help build them into one of the world's best clubs.

He said: "I will do everything I can to help us first find our way to regain the No 1 position in the United States, and then for us to become one of the best clubs in the world."

Cantona will be officially unveiled in a blaze of publicity by Cosmos chairman Paul Kemsley, the flamboyant former vice-chairman of Tottenham Hotspur.

The Cosmos are set to return to big-time football in 2013.

Kemsley said: "Three years ago, when I first had the idea of reviving The New York Cosmos, I couldn't have dreamt we'd be able to attract an icon of the likes of Eric Cantona to the club.

"It's a personal thrill for me, as he was one of my heroes, and it is a further endorsement to the global attraction and power that The New York Cosmos carries."

Cantona's role will be to help assemble a squad ready for the re-birth of the Cosmos in two years.

The club folded in 1985 after the collapse of the North American Soccer League but Kemsley has bought up the name and rights for $2m. Cantona is the latest recruit among a star-studded staff.

Pele is club President, David Beckham's ex-manager Terry Byrne vice chairman and former Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry a director.

US star Cobi Jones has defected from LA Galaxy to be associate sporting director.

There is speculation Galaxy team-mate Beckham will be on board soon.

His LA contract runs out in July 2012, leaving him free to then team up with the Cosmos.

WEST END = PRE-BROADWAY TRY-OUTS

#71 impatient_ingrate

impatient_ingrate

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, U.S.A.

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

More Cosmos news...

Posted Image

CANTONA BACK IN FOOTBALL

The Frenchman makes a shock return to football today as Director of Soccer at New York Cosmos.

He said: "I am very honoured to join the legendary New York Cosmos. It's a big project, a wonderful project.

"The Cosmos are very strong, beautifully made, with a great past. It's kind of a mix between football and art."

Cantona vows to restore the glory days of the five-times champions and help build them into one of the world's best clubs.

He said: "I will do everything I can to help us first find our way to regain the No 1 position in the United States, and then for us to become one of the best clubs in the world."

Cantona will be officially unveiled in a blaze of publicity by Cosmos chairman Paul Kemsley, the flamboyant former vice-chairman of Tottenham Hotspur.

Kemsley said: "Three years ago, when I first had the idea of reviving The New York Cosmos, I couldn't have dreamt we'd be able to attract an icon of the likes of Eric Cantona to the club.

"It's a personal thrill for me, as he was one of my heroes, and it is a further endorsement to the global attraction and power that The New York Cosmos carries."

Cantona's role will be to help assemble a squad ready for the re-birth of the Cosmos in two years.

The club folded in 1985 after the collapse of the North American Soccer League but Kemsley has bought up the name and rights for $2m. Cantona is the latest recruit among a star-studded staff.

Pele is club President, David Beckham's ex-manager Terry Byrne vice chairman and former Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry a director.

US star Cobi Jones has defected from LA Galaxy to be associate sporting director.

His LA contract runs out in July 2012, leaving him free to then team up with the Cosmos.

Damn, it's only a matter of time before the Red Bulls become Chivas NYC.

#72 Catamount

Catamount

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

More Cosmos news...

Posted Image

CANTONA BACK IN FOOTBALL

Damn, it's only a matter of time before the Red Bulls become Chivas NYC.

Assembling all the stars together doesn't necessarily translate into great soccer. What club has Cantona built that indicates he can build a great club in NY. Art and soccer? Hmm. Does that approach win in a salary cap league? It will be interesting to see if the Cosmos, with their heads clearly in the past, will become the Galaxy or the Kids of NY. At least the circus will move to NY.

#73 Riggs.

Riggs.

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, your mother

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:11 AM

More Cosmos news...

CANTONA BACK IN FOOTBALL

Maybe it's good that they don't have a ton of people with an MLS background involved. I think it's a huge detriment. Has Terry Byrne learned his lesson after fucking our team up?

I really want to see RBNY do better than the Cosmos. I don't care about their bullshit "history." There's no connection. NY Cosmos died a long time ago. Just because you bought the name and have employed Pele means nothing. Maybe I'm just bitter that the people showing up late to the party will never show respect to the clubs that paved the way for their existence. Without DC, Metro, and LA their wouldn't be a NY Cosmos rehash. This is probably going to be Seattle 2.0 I'm sure Byrne realizes that soccer has become trendy and that if he can attach NY Cosmos to a club he can build off of its eurosnob trendiness.

I thought that the option for ownership Beckham has in his contract excludes NY and LA or something.

#74 tracer

tracer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts
  • Interests:Galaxy, m. utd, dodgers, teaching, more dodgers...more galaxy...chickens
  • Supports:LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Man Utd, USMNT

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:53 AM

Assembling all the stars together doesn't necessarily translate into great soccer. What club has Cantona built that indicates he can build a great club in NY. Art and soccer? Hmm. Does that approach win in a salary cap league? It will be interesting to see if the Cosmos, with their heads clearly in the past, will become the Galaxy or the Kids of NY. At least the circus will move to NY.

this

as long as a salary cap exists..there will be no glory return blah blah bullshit... as long as there is a playoff system expect more of the same. KC, CHI, COL, RSL, CB all have a championship... i think only CB had a supporters shield to go with it... good luck.

is what riggs said true? no ny and/or la?

Team Tucker: You might be cool, but I am ZERO cool.  Foo

#75 Caasi Gohd

Caasi Gohd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,780 posts
  • Supports:Galaxy, Pachuca

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:01 AM

HATE

HATE

HATE

Through "indirect" contacts at work I've gotten a small glimpse at what NY Cosmos are working on, and I can conclude a couple of things:

A) They will be in MLS. It's not an if anymore, it's a when, and
B) They are NOT FUCKING AROUND.

Stay tuned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users