80 replies to this topic

JayDelight729

JayDelight729

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Some of you sound so desperate acting like this is the only team that can potentially sell in the summer window.

"Obviously, I want to make a living (in soccer), to say the least," he said. "There's so much you can accomplish in the soccer world, and right now I'm focused on having a good season with the Red Bulls. Ultimately, our goal is to win the MLS Cup, and I see no reason why we can't." - #4 Tyler Adams

Grelladinho

Grelladinho

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls

Good luck getting young South American talent with Euro ambitions by telling them they cant leave until January when the clubs dont want them.

Then find other players.

Red Bulls will never win a title if their players always have one foot out the door. Yes MLS is a selling league, but the club at some point has to squash these transfer rumors/desires and focus on winning a championship.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Then find other players.

Red Bulls will never win a title if their players always have one foot out the door. Yes MLS is a selling league, but the club at some point has to squash these transfer rumors/desires and focus on winning a championship.

So only signing players without ambition or ability to play at a higher level is the path to a Cup?

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

defendyourself

defendyourself

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I was on board with the whole develop and sell model, but its kinda rough when all the selling happens during the summer.

really depends on what RB does with the money.  If you sell two guys each summer for max GAM, you are gaining an extra $1.3 million in allocation a year.  Essentially giving you a free DP slot.  The issue I have now, is we have a ton of injuries and selling without much noise of replacements coming in, or replacements already on the roster/USL preparing for this exit.  Every week that goes by is important for integrating, so they need to do a better job of getting stuff done when the window opens, instead of later, like Kaku deal

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts

That's why it's always important to keep an new influx of younger guys.  We've done a pretty good job of that.  We likely lose Murillo but added someone like Duncan.  Just sucks that Duncan got hurt.   Now it's very possible that we add someone like Olosunde.  

I'm also a fan of doing that with certain positions.  Don't want to see positions down the middle of the field constantly changing but I'm OK with the outsides.  Think it takes less time to get over.

Hope we get a nice return that nets us the most GAM we can get.

N8ballz

N8ballz

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • Supports:metro
I would like to see a list of the players we've sold to Europe or left for Europe that were significant contributors in comparison to other MLS teams. I don't pay attention to other teams enough to know but I feel like we are always losing important pieces to our team in comparison to other clubs. We are more high profile than other MLS clubs which seems to make our players wanted more.

With that said we are continuing to develop and find talent to replace what we lose. So it not like the roster is gutted of talent every year.

And Olsen didn't turn DC into a bunch of whining, diving.. oh, nevermind

-MetroSquard

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

I would like to see a list of the players we've sold to Europe or left for Europe that were significant contributors in comparison to other MLS teams. I don't pay attention to other teams enough to know but I feel like we are always losing important pieces to our team in comparison to other clubs. We are more high profile than other MLS clubs which seems to make our players wanted more.

With that said we are continuing to develop and find talent to replace what we lose. So it not like the roster is gutted of talent every year.

losing them to Europe?   Miazga and who?  Dane?

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

losing them to Europe?   Miazga and who?  Dane?

Jozy and Ream, no?

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Jozy and Ream, no?

Ream, OK, good catch... Jozy was so long ago... anyway, incredibly short list

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Ream, OK, good catch... Jozy was so long ago... anyway, incredibly short list

I agree with your overall point, we're not getting constantly poached by European clubs. 

Voice of Reason II

Voice of Reason II

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,065 posts

Tim Howard, , Clint Mathis, Michael Bradley

Olivier Ocean was snatched before he could contribute

Roberto Donadoni asked for and was granted a release from his 3rd year of his contract

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Eduardo solano‏ @newguayork
FollowFollow @newguayork[/indent]@Amir_Murillo62 with offers from teams in Europe, his agent currently in New York working with @NewYorkRedBulls the details of the deal.

Perhaps this is why he was held out from NYCFC.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Perhaps this is why he was held out from NYCFC.

[sarcasm]I dont think so, Armas said he rates Lade higher. [\sarcasm]

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,798 posts

Roberto Donadoni asked for and was granted a release from his 3rd year of his contract

Thanks, but I was thinking all the MLS 1.0 transactions are kinda irrelevant to the discussion

Bitch covered my plaid?
I need my plaid pitch.

McSoccer

McSoccer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Donadoni is as relevant to this conversation as I am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users