Arsenal14

Arsenal14

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USA, Arsenal

What Ozil!?
I think he's a free transfer, I am pretty sure he still has quality and enough of it to where he'd be a all star in MLS

Ozil's contract runs through next summer and he is absolutely going to play out every second of his GBP 350,000 per week deal.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
  • Supports:Red Bulls, Fulham
Leipzig apparently interested in a 26 year old Milik from Napoli

Thelwells background is in youth development and Im sure thats largely going to continue being RBNYs philosophy, but wonder if the reigns have been loosened with the departure of Rangnick.

If true, maybe we could mix in a slightly older signing among the youngsters.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,694 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Ozil's ... going to play out ... GBP 350,000 per week deal.

If he is not going to make the gameday squad,
loan him to us for £100,000 per week, or even
£150K for the remainder of this MLS season.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,271 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics
  • Supports:METRO

Leipzig apparently interested in a 26 year old Milik from Napoli

Thelwells background is in youth development and Im sure thats largely going to continue being RBNYs philosophy, but wonder if the reigns have been loosened with the departure of Rangnick.

If true, maybe we could mix in a slightly older signing among the youngsters.

That'd be nice. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah
Mandzukic?!

I think he's without a club and his hustle isn't a question.. He can score and his effort is infectious... I think FO should move on this... 3 senior spots one I'd use on Mario the other on Cavani and the third on a attacking midfielder like Juan Fernando Quintero
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,947 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

Mandzukic?!

I think he's without a club and his hustle isn't a question.. He can score and his effort is infectious... I think FO should move on this... 3 senior spots one I'd use on Mario the other on Cavani and the third on a attacking midfielder like Juan Fernando Quintero

Vintage Milo suggestion, managed to spend 20M/season in 1 sentence :)

It would likely win us a title, admittedly.

MiLo4891

MiLo4891

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,001 posts
  • Interests:Football.. Blah blah blah

Vintage Milo suggestion, managed to spend 20M/season in 1 sentence :)

It would likely win us a title, admittedly.

lol can we petition Jeff Bezos to buy the team lol
I just want Metro to win a title sometime in my lifetime.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
Jay Z & Nas could do it. NY still produces crazy rich people, it's so weak that both NY teams are subsidiary clubs.

RED. BULL. OUT.

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,947 posts

Jay Z & Nas could do it. NY still produces crazy rich people, it's so weak that both NY teams are subsidiary clubs.

as much as I would love to have Nas embrace The World is Yours and buy this team I don't think a NJ team would do it as it was not NJ State of Mind you know?

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa

Thats true, but Nas is old friends with Lauryn Hill, so lets hope he took her "have to respect Jersey" line seriously.

RED. BULL. OUT.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,694 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars
James Rodriguez went from Real Madrid to Everton on a free transfer! Two-year contract.
Salary may have been too steep:
https://paywizard.or...james-rodriguez

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

Brian.MLS

Brian.MLS

RIP MetroStars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts
  • Supports:Metro, RBNYII, RBNY U23s, USMNT
For $150k and a 2nd round draft pick in 2022 we could have had the 5th highest goalscorer in MLS history.

Nah, let's stick with the guys who haven't scored a single goal or assist the whole year... especially the one who cost us $2M.

https://www.mlssocce...innesota-united
2013, 2015 & 2018 Supporters Shield Winners

@CurseofCaricola

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

For $150k and a 2nd round draft pick in 2022 we could have had the 5th highest goalscorer in MLS history.

Nah, let's stick with the guys who haven't scored a single goal or assist the whole year... especially the one who cost us $2M.

https://www.mlssocce...innesota-united

RBNY are going to trade for a 36 year old on the last year of his contract in a year where by firing their manager they have effectively punted the season?

You want roster upheaval going to have to wait until after MLS Cup.

elf

elf

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,922 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars
Rbny should get mujaid sadick from deportivo de la coruña. He is a 20 year old CB with great potential. He is available on loan right now but i would try to buy him even if it costs us 10m-13m. He is a special talent.

Deportivo was relegated from 2 division to 2B and could use the extra money to rebuild the squad and pay off their debt.

Defensively he is as good as Long, but might be faster and a better passer. A few big clubs are eyeing him but i think they are going to low ball or trying to get him on loan instead. U21 spanish national.

TK_RBNY

TK_RBNY

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Rbny should get mujaid sadick from deportivo de la coruña. He is a 20 year old CB with great potential. He is available on loan right now but i would try to buy him even if it costs us 10m-13m. He is a special talent.

Deportivo was relegated from 2 division to 2B and could use the extra money to rebuild the squad and pay off their debt.

Defensively he is as good as Long, but might be faster and a better passer. A few big clubs are eyeing him but i think they are going to low ball or trying to get him on loan instead. U21 spanish national.

Not sure if he would cost that much, but thats an interesting profile. Relegated teams and teams with big squads are usually ripe for picking

Interested to see what happens with the roster over the next 5-6 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users