71 replies to this topic

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

not cool

Maybe we should get a Welcome to NJ banner to hang in the South Ward. 

Play the intro to the Sopranos on the stadium boards

We should pipe in Lets Go Red Bulls chant during NYCFC games - lol

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

I hate to disagree about the perceived disrespect, but our tenant NYCFC has to serve the NEEDS of ITS fans and sponsors. They are paying for that, and all their banners etc come down after their game.

Surely as their landlord we are able to dictate what they can or can't do.  They can invest the money to make their practice facility tv ready if they don't like it.

RedBullScouse

RedBullScouse

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,714 posts
  • Supports:Irresistable Mermaids/Liverpool/RU

Listening to the piped in crowd noise, I kept hearing "Let's go Red Bulls". I do not know if it was piped into the stadium, or more likely, just piped into the telecast. 

I hate to disagree about the perceived disrespect, but our tenant NYCFC has to serve the NEEDS of ITS fans and sponsors. They are paying for that, and all their banners etc come down after their game.

I fully appreciate the sanctity of the hallowed ground in the SW, but no matter what we would or wouldn't allow physically in the stadium. the green screen stuff they have going for the broadcast would give the place the appearance of smurf heaven anyway.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Iron Mike

Bitch covered my plaid?
The sorrow inside me grows.
I need my plaid pitch.

"It goes without saying that when things don't go your way they just don't go your way. " - JCO

"He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right.”
George Best, on David Beckham

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

I fully appreciate the sanctity of the hallowed ground in the SW, but no matter what we would or wouldn't allow physically in the stadium. the green screen stuff they have going for the broadcast would give the place the appearance of smurf heaven anyway.

if someone can green screen in the Smurfs with a pigeon flying overhead that would be all time legend status

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

copaantl98

copaantl98

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • Supports:Metrostars and USNT

It's banners. They rented it out. RB got paid.  We'll live.

Judge: Mr Griffin, you even tried to bribe me with a subscription to Grape soda today, which I already have!

I'M AN AMERISNOB.

Speedball

Speedball

Metro Masochist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,456 posts
  • Interests:Stuff and things.
  • Supports:Metros, NJ Ironmen, Fluminense

Yeah, what Pinto said.

Their stadium situation is an embarrassment to the league, so I am actually enjoying seeing them play in such a horrible place as New Jersey (sarcasm).

"They better keep playing that RB Arena update because that unbuilt stadium is the only positive thing about this soft-drink-selling, coached-by-a-dumbass, trading-good-players-for-shit, hopeless, retarded, club." - MetroFanatic

"It was always six weeks away. Every month, [Nick Sakiewicz] would say, we're six weeks away from the stadium. It's been the longest six weeks of my life." - Mike Petke

"The league stopped caring about us when the slavers ponied up money for the abortion across the river." - MetroFanatic

"I think every country can learn everything about each other. If the whole world can be together, it can be good." - Mathias Jorgensen

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Dont care about this stuff. Its such an embarrassment for them and their fans that they have to use our stadium, add insult by the fact thats its really nice. They can imagine what theyll never have- a beautiful stadium with their colors hanging everywhere. At the end of the day, they have to go back to the worst MLS stadium after this.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2

I think it's up to every individual to make their own mind up.

Some here have said they want to cancel season tickets, and I'm guessing the FO doesn't want to lose more $$ more.

RB-NJ

RB-NJ

Reserve Team

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

I think it's up to every individual to make their own mind up.

Some here have said they want to cancel season tickets, and I'm guessing the FO doesn't want to lose more $$ more.

Agreed. I do think the $ NYFC is paying wayyyy makes up for a few season ticket holders though

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Dont care about this stuff. Its such an embarrassment for them and their fans that they have to use our stadium, add insult by the fact thats its really nice. They can imagine what theyll never have- a beautiful stadium with their colors hanging everywhere. At the end of the day, they have to go back to the worst MLS stadium after this.

I agree for all of it, except for the South Ward. I really don't care if they even decorate the North Ward. I perceive the South Ward being decorated as a slap in the face to our supporters. Especially since I've read that ESC and VA leadership were told, as recently as our last game, that the South Ward would remain untouched. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,684 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Listening to the piped in crowd noise, I kept hearing "Let's go Red Bulls". I do not know if it was piped into the stadium, or more likely, just piped into the telecast. 

I heard it too! Hope it was in the stadium!

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,684 posts

I really don't care if they even decorate the North Ward.

Actually, there is no North Ward, just a north end.
There are other shared stadiums around the world.
Does anyone know how this is handled?
IIRC, I have read where each club gets an end.

I've read that ESC and VA leadership were told ...
that the South Ward would remain untouched. 

Promises, Promises.
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=JTF2j0OWUi8

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

General Robles

General Robles

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,819 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Actually, there is no North Ward, just a north end.
There are other shared stadiums around the world.
Does anyone know how this is handled?
IIRC, I have read where each club gets an end.

Promises, Promises.
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=JTF2j0OWUi8

You are correct. North End, not North Ward. 

One of the more high profile ones: AC Milan and Inter Milan. It appears AC Ultras occupy the North End and Inter Ultras occupy the South End. 

https://www.football...italy/san-siro/

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,684 posts

AC Milan and Inter Milan. It appears AC Ultras occupy the North End and Inter Ultras occupy the South End. 

I think you have that reversed.

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,684 posts
I received an email from my ticket rep, stating that Third Rail is limited to the North End, with generic support banners for First Responders in the SW. NYCFC supposedly agreed not to put their logos on banners in these sections.
I thought I saw NYC banners on the SW front walls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users