172 replies to this topic

Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,681 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, Metro, NotRedBull

Does the Let Me Cheer app let you yell at the striker? 

Yo Barlow you a bum......
Luke Rodgers would've finished that!

*perks ears up*

Komba

Komba

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,601 posts

I don't mind people criticizing Davis at all.  Him and CCJ (and this year's version of Rza I think has dropped off a bit) I'm just not big fans of.  I'm really hopeful Yearwood turns out to be a player because both of CCJ and Davis aren't good enough in my opinion.  THe passing just isn't good enough and it's not like either of them are ball winners.  THe instances where I wish we got more from them though are in those moments where we do have possession in the final third and we are dispossessed, the two 6's can usually be big on getting possession back quickly and keeping us in that end.  I feel like both CCJ and Davis don't do this much at all.  Dax was the master at it but we didn't even need it to be at that level.  Just a solid level.  

CCJ is young though so he gets more lee-way but I definitely dont' see any athletic qualities that suggest he has a high upside.  And his consistency passing definitely isn't there either.

Ultimately I think we can live with one of Davis or CCJ on a good team, but not both starting.

defendyourself

defendyourself

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Supports:RBNY, USMNT, Arsenal

I don't mind people criticizing Davis at all.  Him and CCJ (and this year's version of Rza I think has dropped off a bit) I'm just not big fans of.  I'm really hopeful Yearwood turns out to be a player because both of CCJ and Davis aren't good enough in my opinion.  THe passing just isn't good enough and it's not like either of them are ball winners.  THe instances where I wish we got more from them though are in those moments where we do have possession in the final third and we are dispossessed, the two 6's can usually be big on getting possession back quickly and keeping us in that end.  I feel like both CCJ and Davis don't do this much at all.  Dax was the master at it but we didn't even need it to be at that level.  Just a solid level.  

CCJ is young though so he gets more lee-way but I definitely dont' see any athletic qualities that suggest he has a high upside.  And his consistency passing definitely isn't there either.

Ultimately I think we can live with one of Davis or CCJ on a good team, but not both starting.

all of this.  We are such a bad passing team down the middle and it drags down the whole operation.  Personally I am surprised at how long it too Armas to consider Valot in the middle while we wait for a signing.  You cant play high press / transition soccer without guys who can play the cutting ball to spring a quick attack.  

McSoccer

McSoccer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,215 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal

Personally I am surprised at how long it too Armas to consider Valot in the middle while we wait for a signing.  

Especially since wasn't CM his original position when he came up?

Metrohoboken

Metrohoboken

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,939 posts

agree

Valot is a good fit centrally and can play across the top 3.  

I still continue to think Davis could be a good CB. EDIT - he could be Tim Ream like.

Better to give CCJ more chance to grow. 

Bradley Wright-Phillips "I prefer it at Red Bull Arena, but it was OK. I could imagine it being good for a baseball crowd.

Mibabalou

Mibabalou

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,300 posts
  • Supports:USMNT, MUFC, NYRB, NYRB2
I know every match feels like a low point now but this one was really really sad.

Us losing at the death just seemed inevitable.

uptownbull

uptownbull

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Supports:metro, barca, usa
I blame that goal on all of us who 100% knew it coming, self included. The ongoing curse of mediocre management.

RED. BULL. OUT.

ivo

ivo

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, Real Madrid

He should have went with Royer as Captain.  Best goal scorer from the last few years that is still on the team and none of the issues Kaku had.  Outside of Long, the closest thing we had to a guaranteed starter.

And a year away from being sold cheaply, perfect fit really

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users