23 replies to this topic

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts
  • Supports:Metro
Kristian Dyer was on seeing red today and said the Murillo situation is BAD and he burned a LOT of bridges. They tried to move him this summer and failed (obviously).

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts
  • Supports:MetroStars

Murillo situation is BAD and he burned a LOT of bridges.

Why do people in any job think that being petulant or disruptive will improve their situation? It can get you fired, but that rarely leads to a dream job.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Supports:METRO

Why do people in any job think that being petulant or disruptive will improve their situation? It can get you fired, but that rarely leads to a dream job.

Because he's like 23! He's a kid and is not exactly coached by a great coach by any measure, not to mention all the other crap fo is known for. Give the kid a break, he's a good player with an attitude, not exactly a rarity in sports.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

McSoccer

McSoccer

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,057 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls, Arsenal
Kaku, Long, & Murillo all dropped in quality after not getting moves they were seeking. Murillo obviously had the biggest falloff, but the other two struggled to find their form from last year when they werent sold. Thats the danger in keeping guys that dont want to be here. Sometimes its just a dip, like Long appears to be, other times its whatever the fuck has happened to Murillo.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts
  • Interests:Metro, the USMNT and Boston College Athletics

if the method globally is for a team to sell guys, then the org should be on board with that philosophy too. sell guys on to get allocation $$$ to bring new guys in and pay down existing contracts. keeping them means that there's less financial leeway and fewer allocation $$$ to buy down contracts or player acquisition transfer fees. 

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

RIP Cesar Castello, Mike Vallo, Glenn Stampiglia, Bob Paquette, and Warren Lee

JayJeeMoNee

JayJeeMoNee

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,015 posts
  • Interests:Metro | USA | USMNT | Dortmund

Kristian Dyer was on seeing red today and said the Murillo situation is BAD and he burned a LOT of bridges. They tried to move him this summer and failed (obviously).

Watch the beginning of the All-Access video from the Portland win.  When Armas announces Lawrence's 27th birthday, he looks completely detached from the rest of the team in his reaction and body language.  I get that he doesn't speak the language, but he's the only one not arm-in-arm.

(Formerly JonnyG)

"In church, they say that suffering is good for the soul. I like to view my love for this team as being a spiritual exercise." - Steve B2

JBigjake54

JBigjake54

Amicus Curiae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,313 posts

Give the kid a break, he's a good player with an attitude, not exactly a rarity in sports.

Still, someone needs to have a word with him.
His attitude will result in USL, not EPL.

We are good enough to beat the best teams, and bad enough to lose to the worst teams. 

gravediGGer

gravediGGer

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
Same can be said about Armas, Hamlett, MdG.. Too bad mo one wants to take responsibility for the sinking ship.

Sometimes I think the entire Red Bull existence has been some 19 year old kids football manager save file he only plays when he comes home drunk. - 'Mibabalou'

#FUCKredbull

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Millennials are the worst.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

I remember ppl defending Murillo constantly over this past season comparing his mistakes to other players in the XI, but on SR it was said that Murillo burned every bridge. Ya kinda have to laugh at that sorta shit, all that vitriol defending Murillo, only to find out this BTS stuff. 

Well done, everybody. :D  This off season's gonna be MOTHERFUCKING hilarious.  :lol:

RIP Guillermo Romulo, Alexander Francis Orig, Celenio Eleazar, and my Mom, Resurreccion Eleazar.

Koko

Koko

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

I remember ppl defending Murillo constantly over this past season comparing his mistakes to other players in the XI, but on SR it was said that Murillo burned every bridge. Ya kinda have to laugh at that sorta shit, all that vitriol defending Murillo, only to find out this BTS stuff. 

Well done, everybody. :D  This off season's gonna be MOTHERFUCKING hilarious.  :lol:

Hey remember when I said we needed to sign another legit outside back?!?!?

;)

Anyway, they tried to unload him this summer. And at the same time probably tried to get that outside back they needed LAST summer. And failed at both. Instead we got buckmaster (slow clap).

I was very VERY high on Duncan when he arrived and was starting to doubt that one, but I think hes a keeper. Hopefully hes all systems go for the playoffs.

Murillo wont be back next season...and IMO we still need another quality outside back (amongst other things) soooooo....hey Dennis, can we get some actual work done? That or just convert Muyl already.

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Wrong

General Robles

General Robles

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts
  • Supports:Metro & Newcastle

Very few actually defended him. It was pretty much universal opinion that hes been awful this season. There were some, myself included, who said he should continue to start because he has the highest ceiling of our options and the rest of our options at the position offer very little at the moment.

gears

gears

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Murillo isn't a millennial. 23 year olds are now classified as Gen Z.

Eleazar

Eleazar

One who helps God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,966 posts

no worries, looks like the narrative shifted to Robles. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users