195 replies to this topic

onionsack

onionsack

Dir. of Football Operations

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

But its okay for Becks, Lando and Keane all to be on the same squad....yeaaaaaaa..But eff NY

I never Knew Garber was on Night Court...hmmmmm
I hate NY

I'd take the Garber rumors with a grain of salt. People need to remember it is the Board of Governors that makes these decisions. Also, Brad Davis (the NYRB fan not the player) isn't exactly a guy with a great track record of knowing good inside info.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
It would make sense... We targeted the guy for a long time now. There's the connection with Hans. Villa's manager gets fired, a new guy comes in and wants to make his changes. Then there was the article a couple weeks ago about them agreeing to sell Ireland for a fee to a team that hadn't been mentioned.

The lapse in time could only be explained by how slowly things move in MLS.

At least that's what I hope is occurring.

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
All those rumored things from the Viper's Nest facebook page... I don't want to believe any of it.

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

It would make sense... We targeted the guy for a long time now. There's the connection with Hans. Villa's manager gets fired, a new guy comes in and wants to make his changes. Then there was the article a couple weeks ago about them agreeing to sell Ireland for a fee to a team that hadn't been mentioned.

The lapse in time could only be explained by how slowly things move in MLS.

At least that's what I hope is occurring.

As you say, are the circumstances consistent with Soler trying to get Ireland? Sure, but you can construct 99 others in which Ireland and MLS/RB have nothing to do with each other. Frankly, probably 98 of them have Soler sitting at home picking his nose and wondering what he's going to eat for dinner, with no thought of getting a DP in this window.

Whatever, though, man, this is fun. Hope is perhaps second only to achievement in a sports fan's mind.

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

scheets973

scheets973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, Santos FC
They haved stated in the past they wanted a DP. I understand that does not mean anything nessasarily but they know as the "NY" team they are expected to bring in the talent. They may be doing nothing but I am sure they've tried something.

I honestly believe the league is holding something up, I don't know how that Brad guy would be so specific otherwise unelss he is a master fabricator.

iced1776

iced1776

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,342 posts
  • Supports:NY Red Bulls, FC Barcelona

I honestly believe the league is holding something up, I don't know how that Brad guy would be so specific otherwise unelss he is a master fabricator.

Sports journalism doesn't exactly have the highest standards for accuracy... Professionals get shit wrong all the time, let alone Brad Davis from the Viper's Nest facebook page.

Rufulk

Rufulk

New Signing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Don't know if anyone's already posted this, but the Brad Davis guy who posted all these Ireland rumor's also posted this:

https://www.facebook...s/3427180717531

Did I Do That?

Did I Do That?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Don't know if anyone's already posted this, but the Brad Davis guy who posted all these Ireland rumor's also posted this:

https://www.facebook...s/3427180717531

Andrew Bissonette Brad, I'm gonna crap my pants in excitement if you're correct here. I would also suggest that you start reporting RBNY news if you have that good of a source to get that info.

Well, I'm really glad that guy didn't crap his pants. It's a good way to ruin a nice pair of pants.

scheets973

scheets973

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Supports:NYRB, USMNT, Santos FC
What does that say? I cant see it at work.

CGF

CGF

Player/Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts
  • Supports:RBNY
Yeah, this guy is full of shit.

Doesn't mean that we aren't after Ireland, but if we are he sure as hell doesn't have any inside info on it.
"Thank you, Jesus. (Martinez.)"- Jamison

nlk10010

nlk10010

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Yeah, this guy is full of shit.

Doesn't mean that we aren't after Ireland, but if we are he sure as hell doesn't have any inside info on it.

Precisely.

"The company loves its money.

If they could, they'd go to strip clubs and throw naked women at money."

Komba

Komba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,535 posts
He's full of shit... He also posted a thing that said the Kaka deal was done a few weeks ago.

There are a lot of people like that on the web, especially lately. They hear one legitimate rumor so they jump the gun and say it was done. Sometimes they are right, so a bunch of idiots think they actually know something when they don't.

cBr

cBr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

He's full of shit... He also posted a thing that said the Kaka deal was done a few weeks ago.

There are a lot of people like that on the web, especially lately. They hear one legitimate rumor so they jump the gun and say it was done. Sometimes they are right, so a bunch of idiots think they actually know something when they don't.

"my sources tell me" is blogger code speak for a sentence long blurb written by a real news outlets' rumor section

5 year plan

onionsack

onionsack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts
  • Supports:New York Cosmos

Thing is MLS has had elevated discussions with and about Kaka, as Kaka is one of the "List" players at MLS HQ that the BoG has already authorized the legaue to "break the bank" for. MLS and NYRB did have prelimianry discussions but as we know as of now, Kaka has not agrreed to or been on board with an imminent move. His agent is tossing around 2014...but agents are born liars so who fucking kniows with those guys.

Also, a signing is never a "done deal" until the contratc is signed and medicals are passed and interantional certificates are transfered. So anyone claiming such before everyone in the world knows about it is full of shit.
RED BULL OUT!!! - True Soccer fans in NY since 2006

We'reYourFamous

We'reYourFamous

First Team

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Supports:New York Red Bulls

"my sources tell me" is blogger code speak for a sentence long blurb written by a real news outlets' rumor section

My source played in the league 4 years and now works in management. Knows what the hell he is talking about!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users